4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriots @ Ravens

3 posters

Go down

Patriots @ Ravens Empty Patriots @ Ravens

Post by Judge Shredd Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:39 pm

"Feck this, I mean who da funk got rid of Joe Flacco from this team and screwed it totally? I'm off to sit on a combine, see you all in 12 with the Raiders" Was how Coach Ward walked out on the Baltimore Ravens. Earlier in his final press conference he was in fine spirits.

"I knew this division would be tough, the Old Browns owner was a winner, the new one is too, the Steelers have been the Kat Project and we all know about Babyseat; I took the team when Dr Ken's blood pressure just got too high, plus he was made an offer for Madden 11 he just couldnt refuse"

"I really tried my hardest with this set of players, but Schaub has let me down too many times, Jahvid Best has been my own MVP on this squad, but that matters not, Ravens only gave me a year contract and despite them being retooled with Flacco and Rice back I'm heading for California, and looking forward to saying Fook the Bronco's, I mean everyone knows that they eat Horses in France, yet they are based in Paris!"

The game didnt start well with the Patriots turning up a day early in Baltimore, with the stadium locked and not even a hot dog seller about, emails flew around the owners, luckily it was sorted and the Ravens got their fans and team rounded up overnight to play an early game. Patriots won the toss and elected to kick, the Ravens moved the ball about 18 yards before having to punt, the Patriots then went 3 and out and punted back. This resulted in another punt before the Patriots returned the favour. Ravens then got a drive going and had to take a FG to take the lead.

Patriots then showed their Playoff potential and had a long drive from the Kick Off to score a TD, Rob Gronkowski proving a popular target for Brady and Coach Food. The final few seconds of the half seen Schaub throwing bombs trying to get lucky.

2nd half kicked off and Patriots were forced 3 and out again, Ravens moved the ball to the Pats 33 and went for the FG only for it to drift wide left. The Patriots taking over on their 33 drove down into FG range of there own, and they missed a 43 yarder (could of been longer). The Ravens didnt get much of a gain and had to Punt looking to hem the Patriots deep in their half, the Returner sensing he wouldnt get far got out of the way of the ball and it bounced into the End Zone for a touch back. Starting from their 20, the Patriots looked to their ground game to run out the clock, getting key completions on 3rd down to keep the clock running. The Ravens burned a couple of their Time Outs as the game drifted to the 2 minute warning. Getting deep into the Ravens half Tom Brady was picked off over the middle despite he trying to throw a streak, the INT came from being hit at the time of release. A Delay of Game penalty was called and that made it 1st and 15 with 1 TO and 70 yards of field to go.

The Ravens started with a great run and catch by Jahvid Best up the side, making 3 tacklers miss getting into the Pats half, and stepping out of bounds. Brandon Marshall caught the next pass and he too managed to get Out of Bounds, with around 40 seconds left, the Ravens had got to the Pats 16 yard line, and what happened next cannot be explained, having rolled out right and seen a wide open Beanie Wells in front of him, Matt Schaub decided to throw back to the left towards Jahvid Best and was picked off, the return took it to the Ravens 30, but it was all over, the season, the dream of a 3rd win, the run with the Ravens, the 100% Red Zone scoring record, the 1st full season of 4th String Football for Coach Ward.

FINAL SCORE : Patriots 7 v 3 Ravens

I would like to thank everyone I have played this season for being friendly and helpful with everything, sorry I have sucked so bad Dr Ken, taking over your team and leading them to a 2-14 record, however I think I have been playing better recently and playing better D, just cant get the O to run as well. I will be getting M12 tomorrow and I doubt I will be on 11 again, unless someone wants a practice game as a Playoff warm up match! Haha, doubt it with my record.
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Patriots @ Ravens Empty Re: Patriots @ Ravens

Post by danvitale Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:47 am

2-14. I started Madden 11 with that. Get '12, lets practice!
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 am

danvitale wrote:2-14. I started Madden 11 with that. Get '12, lets practice!
Actually Dan, we both went 1-15 our first season Smile
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:42 pm

did we? I tried to put it out of my mind..

But there you go Carl, you're already a year ahead of me. Just think in a year you'll be able to put claim to a 5-9-1 season Smile
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down