4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravens 24 - Raiders 0

3 posters

Go down

Ravens 24 - Raiders 0 Empty Ravens 24 - Raiders 0

Post by Chairman7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Prior to the Ravens v Raiders game I sent Ryan an Xbox message, "I going to pass until I am up by 24." It was a bold prediction, a self-admitted act of hubris (which I spelled wrong in the message).

Thing is, I kept my promise. Up 24 - 0, I stopped passing.

In many ways the game was similar to previous win over the Jags (the game where the real stats were lost forever). Like the Jags game, the Ravens only let one decent drive that ultimately lead to an interception.

McFadden's attempt to run to the left were brought to an abrupt stop by the 'most unfair defensive line' in football. Campbell struggled to find his speedy receivers as the Ravens mixed zone and man coverages effectively.

On the ravens offensive side the combination of Bush, Marshall, Heap, Best, Boldin, and Housh gave the Raiders secondary fits.

Previously I had been concerned that I was using Bush too much (and this may still be a concern going forward) but for the first three games of the season Bush has only 6 catches but 5 of them have been for touchdowns.

Nnadi was locked on Bush for most of the game but Marshall and Heap were open. When they were covered Best was open in the flats.

Next week the Ravens play the Steelers. Raiders play Chargers/

Again - thank you Ryan for the match
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Ravens 24 - Raiders 0 Empty Re: Ravens 24 - Raiders 0

Post by SweetassWaffles Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 pm

I went in and looked at Bush's stats and he most be sleeping with Donny Moore. He is incredible...he's like Heyward-Bey, if Heyward-Bey could catch and run routs. The first TD you got with Bush I was watching it happen and I was like, "who is that WR that there is not even one of my players even remotely close to?" I thought it was Brandon Marshall and then I saw that it was Reggie Bush and I was like, "what the hell." I have no idea who I had covering him until I put Nnamdi on him after his 2nd TD. It was amazing. That dude is a freak...actually your whole team is freakish. It's awesome. This makes me really nervous to play the BengalSeats because they were able to stop you somehow.

On offense, I NEVER had anyone open as there were always people covering Miller and Shockey and McFadden in the flats, but, at the same time, Murphy, Williams and Heyward-Bey were always tied up at the line. It was incredible. Then I was like, "hmmm...there are only three people on the line. I'll do a quick run up the gut for a couple yards..." Until Ngata bowls over my lineman and eats McFadden's babies.

I think you sell yourself short with your skill. There are a handful of teams that have players about as stacked as yours, and I have played a couple of them...and they are nowhere near that dominant. I would say that it wasn't fun...but it was for most of it, because the times when I actually did stop you, I was like, "hells yes!" and then you would find Marshall on a slat rout because my 3rd best CB was on him, because that was my only option.

I did learn quite a bit about play calling and a couple of things that I need to add to my strategy, though. Good stuff. Go Ken. I'm glad that I'm not in your division. Ha!
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:03 am

The bengals have the best defense in the game as far as I am concerned.

As for the ravens because of the receivers 3rd & 19 is just as dangerous as 3rd & short.

Still I am very prone to locking into routes prior to the snap & if my first option isnt open it will be incomplete or worse.

As for Mr Zuniga's claims about the broncos. I will be waiting & learning.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:04 am

The other suggestion I'd make Ryan is expriement with playbooks, especially those that allow interesting substitution packages. Mis-matches are key.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 am

Chairman7 wrote:The other suggestion I'd make Ryan is expriement with playbooks, especially those that allow interesting substitution packages. Mis-matches are key.

TRUTH.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down