4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle

4 posters

Go down

Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle  Empty Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle

Post by amoeBae Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 am

After weeks of winning crucial tough games, the Chargers came into this one against the 3-10 Panthers worried this would be their trap game. The Chargers established a strong lead with a touchdown from Matthews and Addison to go up 14-0 by the second quarter.

The defense were worried about Chris Johnson this game as the last time they met when CJ2K was on the Ditans he terrorized the Bolts defense. Worry is all they did as they had no answer to stop him. First a 72 yard sprint for a touchdown to put the panthers within a score, 14-7. Rivers would answer back with a Lincoln touchdown to go up 14 again, 21-7 Chargers.

Clausen played well and on the next drive hit Thomas for a 48 yard touchdown pass. The Panthers would then stop the Chargers drive forcing a punt where Chris Johnson would return it for 79 yards. On the next Chargers possession, rookie linebacker Demond Cooper would show why he’s easily rookie of the year. Already at this point he had 2 sacks and on a key rush he caused Penis to rush a throw only for it to be intercepted by DT Ed Johnson to return it for six. At the half the Panthers were leading 21-28.

In the third quarter tragedy would hit the Bolts. League leading tight end, Antonio Gates would fall to a broken collarbone on an eight yard touchdown pass in the end zone. Gates is out for the season leaving a big hole in the Chargers offense. The score would tie up the game 28-28. No other scoring would occur in the third.

In the fourth, the Chargers kicker got a rare attempt for a field goal putting them up 31-28. The Chargers defense was holding the Panthers from scoring but then Penis Douchebag Rivers decided he was going to have a hissy fit over losing his favorite target. On a strong Bolts drive Rivers forced a pass with Demond Cooper yet again in his face only to have the pass go backwards becoming a fumble. Calvin Pace would scoop up the ball and run it back 60 yards for a touchdown, 31-35 Panthers. Rivers was fitch-slapping his linemen over the poor blocking. Veteran center, Nick Hardwick was seen arguing with Rivers about the blocking. Rumors were Hardwick told Rivers to stop standing like a stiff dick in the pocket. On the next Chargers drive, Rivers would pass to Lincoln for another touchdown, 38-35 Bolts.

On the next drive the Chargers defense would ignore the run seeing Mike Goodsen in for CJ2K. Goodson would run 71 yards untouched for a touchdown, 38-42 Panthers. With just under two minutes left the Panthers looked to hold the Chargers from scoring, however on the very first play Lincoln would make a 60 yard catch and run to the end zone with no one covering him. Chargers up 45-42, but did they leave too much on the clock? This left the Panthers a minute and change. The Panthers gradually worked their way down the field eating up clock and getting key 3rd and 4th down conversions. With just 12 seconds left, Jimmy Clausen would find an open Dexter McCluster for a touchdown. Panthers up 45-49. The Chargers would have time for just two plays and would fail to make anything happen. Panthers upset Chargers at home where they have been strong for the last few years, this would be only their third loss at home in the regular season.

This loss puts the Chargers in a very bad situation for playoff hopes. With the Steel Curtain and Phins left to play, it’s unlikely even a wildcard spot is in their future. To make things worse losing Antonio Gates and MLB Brandon Siler will make it harder to fill those gaps. Demond Cooper had an incredible game with 7 tackles, 4 sacks and a forced fumble. Proving why he deserves rookie of the year. Even with rookie wide Michael Lincoln getting a 145 yards on 6 receptions and 3 touchdowns, defense is what hurt the Chargers yet again. Gates’ league leading season would end at 1135 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Great game Brian. As I messaged to you yesterday, Demond Cooper is a monster. There were so many times I had no time to react. It was frustrating but not a shock, seeing his stats for the season so far. Full credit to you respecting the game and not trying to lose games for draft spots. And as always win or lose, I’m having a great time with these close games.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle  Empty Re: Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle

Post by Dascenzo Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:55 pm

It helps to not have draft picks to lose games for... Well, maybe it doesn't help me, but it helps the league. Miscellaneous touchdowns are my keys to victory because I'm hit and miss on offense.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle  Empty Re: Panthers Trap Lightning in a Bottle

Post by gregfood Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Damn, this sounds like it was an amazing game, guys. This is why Madden 12 needs a spectator mode! Congrats on the upset, Brian. These are becoming a regular occurrence, it seems.

gregfood

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:59 pm

If not a spectator mode, it would at least be great if they could implement a replay system like starcraft and halo have. It'd be awesome to replay from other camera views, see player control input and what not.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by gregfood Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Yeah. It's hard to create a highlight with a camera angle that is just the way you want it.

gregfood

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 pm

That's funny, people are talking about replays and not getting chastised about it. I'm not used to that!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Hah! Well by replay I mean the whole game like in Starcraft. I think it would be awesome to share replays, be able to watch a game in madden and what not. But I'm doubting this will be a feature ever put in the game since leagues as awesome like this are a rarity.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down