4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panthers Beat Texans (wk 14)

3 posters

Go down

Panthers Beat Texans (wk 14) Empty Panthers Beat Texans (wk 14)

Post by mikesuszek Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:44 am

Posting because Dascenzo was disappointed I didn't do a writeup.

Panthers beat the Texans. It was a little embarrassing. Texans could pass, but couldn't run.

Texans respect the Panthers' solid team, thinks they'll be a team to watch out for in the future, and thinks their owner has the coolest name.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Panthers Beat Texans (wk 14) Empty Re: Panthers Beat Texans (wk 14)

Post by Dascenzo Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 am

Somebody is already trying to get on my good side for when I'm allowed to make deals...

I just like reading about how awesome I am. And I also enjoy Mike's writing.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Score?
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Mike killed me through the air as I focused on stopping the run, since he was the self proclaimed Andre Johnson killer. I did shut Shonn down and he hit big play after big play with Andre. Total offense was all Texans 316 to 163 and 95% of that was through the air. I only had 4 first downs all game. FOUR FIRST DOWNS, ALL GAME!

Mike took the lead with a field goal and I countered with a bomb to McCluster against the 1-5-5 defense ( I think). There were a lot of people bunched up in the middle and McCluster was running a streak and Clausen miraculously didn't overthrow him.
I forced a fumble on Schaub, Kris Jenkins (BALLHAWK) rumbled and bumbled his way down the field with me debating whether or not to pitch it and got tackled around the 20. A pass to Cooley on 3rd down got me inside the 5, then I missed two fades, where Moss and Scott both dropped the ball as they got hit and Aaron Scott was lost for the season on his drop. But on third down I found McCluster for another touchdown. Back and forth punts until under the two minute warning when Andre Johnson moved into the slot and burned my blitz for a 36 yard TD.

14-10 Panthers at the half.

No one scored in the third quarter, although Jimmy featured an overthrow to Mike Goodson on the same play that McCluster scored on, that almost featured a broken controller. In the fourth I put an actual drive together with runs until third down and then finding someone to pass to for a first down. Eventually ending up with Randy Moss catching a TD pass on 2nd down just after the two minute warning. Mike got a Bo Scaife touchdown in the final minute but couldn't recover the onside kick.

Final score 21-17.

I broke .500 for the first time since I was 2-1 and the second time evAr.

Panthers stats
Clausen 8-17 160 yards 3 TD's
Bradshaw 9 rushes 15 yards
Moss 3-74 1 TD
McCluster 2-70 2 TD's

Texans
Schaub 18-28 319 2 TD's
Greene 9-21
Johnson 5-184 1 TD
Jacoby Jones 3-70
Bo Scaife 3-27 1 TD
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down