4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panthers and Texans smooch away players

4 posters

Go down

Panthers and Texans smooch away players Empty Panthers and Texans smooch away players

Post by mikesuszek Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm

The Texans, now officially cheating on the Jaguars, were caught kissing the Panthers Sunday afternoon. By kissing, we mean trading players.

Panthers give:
Santonio Holmes WR 89
Garry Williams LT 76, C potential

Texans give:
Donald Penn LT 84, A potential
Devin Thomas WR 79

The Texans are excited to take Santonio Holmes out on a date, though they are sad to lose Donald "Snuggle-Bug" Penn on their line. And the loss of the surprising Devin "Fuck on First Dates" Thomas is a little saddening as well.

"This place is like a damn carousel. Is that how it's spelled?" wrote Texans WR Andre Johnson on Twitter. "But Santonio and I are going to love playing together. It'll be like T.O. and Ocho, but successful!"
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Panthers and Texans smooch away players Empty Re: Panthers and Texans smooch away players

Post by Katbot Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Very nice pickup, Mike. Now I know why you were trying to dissuade me while I idly considered making a run at Holmes Wink

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Panthers and Texans smooch away players Empty Re: Panthers and Texans smooch away players

Post by Chairman7 Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Texans owned this deal
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Holmes is a free agent who wants a major upgrade in pay while declining in play. Also I'm trying to force myself to run the ball.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Chairman7 wrote:Texans owned this deal

Honestly, Devin Thomas is a great WR and Penn is a great guy to have on the line, probably one of my stronger O-lineman. I really think it's fair, and of course the "flashy" side of it is that I have Holmes and Andre Johnson now.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Dascenzo wrote:Holmes is a free agent who wants a major upgrade in pay while declining in play. Also I'm trying to force myself to run the ball.

Oh, and yeah, the cap hit will be atrocious for me to re-sign. I did think of that.

Edit: Conversely, I'm trying to pass the ball.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:36 pm

mikesuszek wrote:I really think it's fair, and of course the "flashy" side of it is that I have Holmes and Andre Johnson now.

Shock and Awe!

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 am

Removing your receiving core is one way to ensure that you will run the ball I suppose. Sorry after the day at work I've had I have decided to be mean.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 am

When does the being mean start?
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down