4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal

4 posters

Go down

Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal Empty Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal

Post by Wiser Time Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:30 am

Perhaps it was the emotional hangover after the 2-hour pregame ceremony commemorating their first ever win the previous week. After all, the raising of a giant banner with a “1” and the name of every player except David Garrard took a lot out of the team. Maybe it was the fact that Luke “Not Renowned” McCown was due to come crashing back to earth after a couple of stellar games. Or maybe it was just the fact that the Jags couldn’t possibly put three decent games together because they’re run by an idiot.

Whatever the reason, Jacksonville fell, and fell hard, to the Baltimore Ravens on Friday night 17-0, getting shellacked in every single way. The vaunted Baltimore D held Maurice Jones-Drew to a pittance of yards (33 total) and treated McCown as if he were Ryan Leaf, forcing the still-learning QB into a 5-20 day with just 66 yards and an INT.

“We went from a good offense to an abomination in the span of a week,” said Grisham after the game. “I take no responsibility, though. Sure, I could have skipped having 5 straight days of booze- and hooker-filled parties celebrating our first win. I also could have done without the skipped practices and forgetting to install a game plan. Hell, I could have even tried to call some good plays. But NO – I didn’t. Still, it’s not my fault.”

The Jags’ D had a pretty good day, but gave up a crucial 65-yard TD pass to Reggie Bush and a single long TD drive in the second half, which sealed their fate. Considering they were shut out, of course, their fate was sealed much earlier than that.
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal Empty Re: Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:37 am

Dammit! 1 yard short of a 100 yard game for your team. Unless...did anyone else run for a singular yard?
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal Empty Re: Ravens blow up Jaguars, world returns to normal

Post by Wiser Time Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:39 am

Yes, McCown had three carries for 2 yards.
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:42 am

I know how it is, Rich. I was embarrassed by the Colts recently in my worst loss of the year. It's a "one step forward, three steps back" kind of feeling.

Keep at it, there are more wins in your future. Oh sorry, that's what your fortune cookie said - - I opened it for you. Are... are you going to eat it?
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:44 am

Overall, it was an ugly game in the rain. I was terrified of the Jones screen-pass but it never came. Offensively the Ravens had some good fortune. The long Bush touchdown was actually intended to be a pass to the Tight end. I have been playing too much PS3 and confused the A & X buttons. Turns out Bush was wide open... That was extreme good luck.

Lag made touch passes for both sides difficult.

On the defensive side of the football the Ravens better overall ratings kicked in. Ngata is back and a beast, Sergio Kindle & Kelly Gregg played well, with the human-controlled Ed Reed caused mischief. Stuffing Jones forced the Jags in uncomfortable 3rd and longs.

Win is the third on the trot for the ravens. They are unbeaten since acquiring Bush & trading Rice.

Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 am

Also super big thanks for Rich going to the trouble of lugging his Xbox on his trip to play... Big thanks
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiser Time Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:50 am

mikesuszek wrote:I know how it is, Rich. I was embarrassed by the Colts recently in my worst loss of the year. It's a "one step forward, three steps back" kind of feeling.

Keep at it, there are more wins in your future. Oh sorry, that's what your fortune cookie said - - I opened it for you. Are... are you going to eat it?

Hell yeah I am! Thanks Mike.

This was one of those days where I couldn't do anything. MJD was ineffective. My QB was hideous. And my defense was good, except when it really counted.

I am going to get mauled badly the next few games. I think I have the Steelers and Falcons next. Hoo boy I am in trouble.
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:57 am

I honestly say that throwing some screens could help your offense but ultimately you have to find for yourself what works.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiser Time Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:05 am

I get sacked more often than not on my screens so I have abandoned them. Probably not a good idea but McCown is not mobile and it's hurt me.
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:16 am

Well I am not going to be the bloke that beats you & then tells you what you did wrong.

Particularly when the ravens are so much more loaded talent wise & that makes a huge difference.

& I know how annoying it is.

Stick with it...
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down