4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self

3 posters

Go down

Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self Empty Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self

Post by Wiser Time Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:49 am

"So throw those curtains wide, one day like this a year would see me right..." blared from the boom box in the Jaguars lockers room, as the players stood arm in arm and sang along with their new theme song at the tops of their lungs. Champagne flowed - as did the tears of happiness - as Jacksonville emerged from the abyss of a winless season by defeating the New York Jets 31-14 at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

"It wasn't pretty, but darn it, we did it," sobbed owner/GM/coach Rich Grisham through the sting of champagne in his eyes. "These guys have put in the time, we've played better, and it finally turned into a win. I've never been prouder of a bunch of guys in my life. It's too bad it took us this long, but I think we've finally started to realize how to play this game. At least a little bit."

Jacksonville's strategy was simple - ride Maurice Jones-Drew like a horse. MJD carried the ball for 177 yards on 23 carries (including a 92-yard scamper that put the game away) and also 3 receptions for 58 yards; he scored three total touchdowns (1 rushing and 2 receiving). David Clowney also had a key 90 yards kickoff return for a TD to answer a Jets score.

All in all, it was a sloppy contest, and new Jags QB starter Luke McCown struggled, missing open players too often and going just 5-16 for 108 yards and 2 TDs and an INT; the teams also combined for 4 turnovers. But none of that mattered as Jacksonville tasted victory for the first time this season.

"This might be the happiest day of my life," wailed Grisham as he hugged MJD. "Thank God I didn't trade you; we're going places next year, kid!"
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self Empty Re: Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self

Post by Katbot Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 am

Heartwarming!

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self Empty Re: Week 10: Jaguars defeat Jets, World Collapses on Self

Post by mikesuszek Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:41 am

So, so happy for you, Rich. Especially that you've figured out the power you have in what I consider possibly the best running back in the league AFTER our series this season. Put the team on MJD's back like the old Jags owner did and you'll be winning many more games, my friend!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum