4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packers vs. Raiders Week 11 Recap

+3
SweetassWaffles
mikesuszek
DarthObvious
7 posters

Go down

Packers vs. Raiders Week 11 Recap Empty Packers vs. Raiders Week 11 Recap

Post by DarthObvious Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:46 am

Green Bay just couldn't seem to catch a break. After falling 13 - 0 early (Raiders missed an extra point) the Packers offense looked deflated. There was a ray of light when the Raiders punt returner failed to make a fair catch signal, and was promptly blasted upon contact with the ball. Pat Lee scooped it up and gave the Packers their first TD of the game.

The Raiders however would score twice more before the Packers began a remarkable 4th quarter comeback. Brandon Jackson did the most useful thing he's done in Ryan Grant's absence and scored an 11 YD TD Run. On the ensuing Raiders drive, the Raiders' QB was swarmed by a mass of Packers defenders, but got the ball away...straight into the hands of rookie DE Gordy Roberson for an easy pick six, and just like that, the Packers were back in the game.

A few stalled drives later, the Packers found themselves with the ball under the two minute warning. James Jones broke free on a corner route and got 61 YDS for a TD to put the Packers up 1. The Packers then made the 2 point conversion to go up by 3. The Raiders still had all thier time outs and were able to get to 1st and Goal, but no time outs meant they had to pass or risk not having time to kick the FG if needed. The Packers forced incomplete passes on 1st and 2nd down. On 3rd down, the Packers blitz forced the QB to pass to RB McFadden in the flat, but McFadden had to fight to get to the sideline and just barely got out of bounds to get 4th down with the clock stopped. While everyone was getting ready for overtime, the Raiders had other ideas and ran a fake FG that came up short of the goal line to seal the Packers win.

The Packers improve to 3 - 7 while the Raiders fall to 1 - 8

Injuries:
Packers WR Greg Jennings out for a few weeks

Unsure of Raiders' injuries.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Packers vs. Raiders Week 11 Recap Empty Re: Packers vs. Raiders Week 11 Recap

Post by mikesuszek Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Does Jennings have a broken-fucking-leg? He'll still play.

Scott, it depresses me that my record is better than yours, but I think I probably only have a chance against teams I'm "supposed to."
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Take a look at my games, it's heartbreaking. I should have beaten the Eagles, One game should have gone to OT, should have beaten the Bears. My season could be so different.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Raiders Injuries:

Tyvon Branch SS - Out for season with a torn vagina bicep

You forgot to mention the pick in the end zone that the Raiders had when the Packers were driving towards the end of the game. Also, I haven't fumbled with McFadden the whole season and he had 2 in the 4th quarter (I swear to god I was jamming on that right bumper too). It seemed like players were getting injured on every play. McFadden was out for a quarter and Miller was out for a couple plays, but I swear that half of my defense and your defense were injured at some point.

This game was so intense. There were so many clutch plays and on that last 3rd down where McFadden had to get out of bounds I couldn't stay seated...I think I willed that dude out of bounds. In retrospect, I should've kicked the field goal, because I was doing pretty decent on defense up until the 4th quarter. I just missed that extra point earlier in the game because it lagged out (the kicking meter actually stopped for over a second and then was immediately all the way to the left when I was trying to press the button...that's fucked up) and I wasn't going to lose the game because of lag. If Miller could've just taken maybe two more steps before I threw it. That game was awesome.

I'm not going to make any predictions, but you should tell you division buddy, the Vikings that I'm coming for him...I don't think I will be able to beat the Browns or the Broncos, but we'll see...I think I have at least one more win in me.

Last edited by SweetassWaffles on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Also, what button do you push to do a fair catch? I should probably look that up.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Y
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 pm

DarthObvious wrote:Take a look at my games, it's heartbreaking. I should have beaten the Eagles, One game should have gone to OT, should have beaten the Bears. My season could be so different.

Packers vs. Raiders Week 11 Recap Snooki-Wah
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 am

DarthObvious wrote:Y

This NEVER, EVER works for me. I mash Y before, during, and after the play. Yamon Figurs refuses to fair catch.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 am

Maybe he has such a high swagger rating that he refuses to accept you telling him that he needs to do a fair catch...he's like, "Fuck you, coach. I got this shit."

Fumbles and penalties in Madden totally mess your whole game up. I was driving every time I had the ball and I was playing really solid D, then I get that fumble returned for a touchdown and it totally rocked me. Then, late in the game, I passed to McFadden for an 8 yard 3rd down conversion at midfield and he fumbles the ball. That one just jacked my game up. I'm not trying to discredit Scott's win (he was really cool-headed...mixing in runs late in the game...and then the 61 yard TD pass didn't hurt) but when you are up by 19 in the 4th quarter, those late fumbles really make it easier for you to lose. With interceptions, there is not a lot of luck involved. You throw a pass into coverage, you're probably going to throw a pick. With fumbles though, even when I'm jamming on the right bumper, it's all up to luck.

The Packers were clutch late and I wasn't, but wow man, the numbers really tell me that I should not have played like a pussy in the 4th quarter. Either way, it was a really fun game and it was definitely the most intense game I've played so far.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by ZgreenZ Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 am

mikesuszek wrote:

This NEVER, EVER works for me. I mash Y before, during, and after the play. Yamon Figurs refuses to fair catch.

Have you tried holding it down?
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:56 am

ZgreenZ wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:

Have you tried holding it down?

Yes. Many times. I'm not kidding, Figurs refuses to fair catch! Pretty high swagger for a 39 OVR WR. But 4 KRs for TDs on the year (I think. I may have that wrong. 3 for sure, though) ain't bad.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 am

Try hitting X instead... (Can't hurt... well it could but it would be exciting)
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 pm

I had this problem for a while as well. The key is actually to switch the little spotlight over to your punt returner, at which point they become controllable. Otherwise, you won't gain control until they've caught (and potentially fumbled) the ball.

Also, don't GameFlow it because the computer always go for the block, which doesn't work 99 percent of the time. Select "PR Middle" and you should have a shot at making a return.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down