4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses

2 posters

Go down

Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses Empty Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses

Post by SweetassWaffles Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Raiders 38 - Chiefs 24

In a masterclash of AFC West non-superpowers, the Raiders and Chiefs battled it out over whose team could make the fewest amount of mistakes. With Ronnie Brown injured, the Chiefs knew their passing game would need to step up, but they also knew that they were playing the Raiders, so they wouldn't really have to step up that much...more of a step of a small child or a baby step (seat?).

As the thick pitchuli-filled air rolled over to Oakland from Berkely, the Raiders kicked off to the Chiefs. Both teams would trade punts back and forth on their opening drives, but the Raider D-line would begin to show a ferociousness-itude that would net them 8 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles over the course of the game. Although, the Raiders defense would eventually win the game for them, early on, the Chiefs backup HB, Anthony Aldridge, broke a 72 yard run to go up early 7 - 0. In the first half, the Raiders suffered from dropped balls, and, from the weight of their sagging balls, dropped passes as well. Even with all of their dropped passes and questionable play calling, the Raiders eventually scored towards the end of the 2nd quarter when Jason Campbell connected with Johnnie Lee "Geting Higgy With It" Higgins on a 17 yard quick slant to the flats. On the following drive, the Chiefs snagged a couple of clutch 3rd down conversions to add a quick 7 before the half.

In the locker room at half time, Chris Robinson, the up-an-kind-of-coming QB for the Chiefs began coating his arms with butter...for good luck and also because Country Crock was paying him a shit ton of money to endorse their fine products (HINT: This is foreshadowing that he was eventually going to fumble the ball...a lot).

The 2nd half started with the Raiders's Tyson Barrister returning the kickoff for a TD. "I don't see what's so amazing about it, you just wait until both teams are huddled in the middle of the field and just run to the outside...just like real life," commented Barrister. The game was now tied at 14 a piece. The Chiefs came out on their next drive and immediately threw a pick 6. Then, after the Raiders kicked off, the next play, Chris Robinson dropped back to pass and was crushed by the Raiders's RE Matt Shaughnessy who picked up the ball and ran it in for a TD to make the game 28 - 14 Raiders.

This write up is way too long. Long story short: the Chiefs looked like they might come back, but when trailing by 7, they were stopped at the goal line and forced to kick a field goal (28 - 24). After that, the Raiders were able to drive and go up by 11. Then, the Chiefs got a BS holding penalty at the end of the game and were forced to punt and the Raiders drove again and tacked on another 7. On their final drive, Robinson fumbled again and that was the game.

Both teams will meet again in week 13, in what will again be a veritable cornucopia of suck. Will Chris Robinson still be covered in butter? Will Jason Campbell get back to form and throw at least 3 interceptions? Will the game recap be as ridiculously long-winded?

SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses Empty Re: Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses

Post by Chairman7 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Good stuff - always nice to get first win
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses Empty Re: Week 10 - Raiders defeat Chiefs - world somehow recollapses

Post by SweetassWaffles Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 pm

True. Each game I've realized more and more how this all works. In this last game the lag was almost unbearable, so I've made a team decision that I won't even attempt field goals anymore unless I'm at least up by a touchdown and within 30 yards. I learned how to make man coverage work (zone defense is still a nightmare for me though). I learned how to mix it up with blitzes. My offensive play calling is still pretty iffy, so I went with GameFlow for the most part. I don't really think that I'm going to shock the world with any huge upsets, but, other than the occasional "oh shit" play on defense, I'm getting better.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down