4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oakland nearly wins at San Diego

2 posters

Go down

Oakland nearly wins at San Diego Empty Oakland nearly wins at San Diego

Post by amoeBae Mon May 09, 2011 2:24 am

After losing 42-7 at home, the Raiders rolled into the "Q" for revenge. The Raiders took a quick lead 20-3 near the end of the second quarter. However, recent Home Depot employee, Damon Addison turned it on. With around 30 seconds left in the 2nd quarter, Rivers drove down the field in a series of passes, eventually connecting with Addison yet again with 3 seconds left for a 29 yard touchdown pass. This ended the first half 20-10 Oakland.

In the second half, both teams struggled to get much done on each possession throughout most of the 3rd quarter. Early in the 4th Penis Rivers hit Addison for a 59 yard touchdown pass. Now down by just 3 (20-17), the Chargers defense began to hold the Raiders from reaching the red zone. With about two and a half minutes left in the game, Rivers had one final drive to win the game. The Chargers gradually moved down the field, eating up clock. The fans were on their feet, sensing another comeback win for the Bolts. With just 29 seconds the Douchebag struck again, hitting rookie receiver Michael Lincoln from 16 yards into the end zone. This put the Chargers ahead by 4 points, 20-24 with just under half a minute to play. Oakland was unable to score on the ensuing drive. GM Bae, was reportedly seen downing half a bottle of beta blockers at the end of the game and commented, "These late comeback games can't be good for my heart, that douchebag is still upset at me for trading Vincent Jackson. And yet he's got two solid sub-par receivers to throw to now. Whiny little prick..."

Final score 20 - 24 Chargers.

Great game Ryan, you really had me scared at the half. Win or lose, these are some fun games I've been playing lately.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Oakland nearly wins at San Diego Empty Re: Oakland nearly wins at San Diego

Post by SweetassWaffles Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

Definitely a confidence builder from getting blown out 42 - 7 (which could've easily been 70 - 0) to losing by a late drive. As a I replay the game in my head (which is much more intuitive than Madden's replays) that pick I threw (I just hit the wrong button) and going for it on 4th down like an idiot were really the only things that I probably needed to change in that game. The two drives you had in the 2nd quarter and then in the 4th quarter were so clutch and it makes me wish that I traded up to get Michael Lincoln...he's like the new Reggie Bush. I was surprises that you didn't use Gates or Matthews as much. Were you trying out new stuff? Either way, great game. I hope I get to play a couple more like that one this season.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Mon May 09, 2011 12:09 pm

I tried running but gave up on that quick when the score was looking ugly. Gates had 7 receptions, he was more my short pass guy for the game. And honestly at the half I was focused on trying to get big plays to score quick in case you were able to kill off tons of clock.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down