4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 most feared players in 4thsl

+9
Dascenzo
Katbot
danvitale
mikesuszek
SweetassWaffles
toddzuniga
undersc_re
RealJeffSolo
Chairman7
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

25 most feared players in 4thsl Empty 25 most feared players in 4thsl

Post by Chairman7 Wed May 25, 2011 6:17 am

Rules to the list -

1) Feared does not equate to best. Feared players are those that make you change you gameplan and change games.
2) The person controlling the player is as important as the player being controlled
3) QB's unless they are duel threats aren't scary per se. Unless they are duel threat to run. Its the receivers that do the damage.
4) Bonus points to players that I am scared of.
5) Top players may be able to stop these guys but these are the players that us mortals are terrified of.
6) Want somebody else included? Got to drop somebody out

So the list -

25) Yamon Figurs - Texans (KR). How can a 37ovr rated WR be on the list. Kick to him enough and you will find out. Yes, he hasn't been as effective but Mike has been getting as many opportunities either.

24) Vince Young - Titans (QB). Forces you to play a spy just enough. To open rest of Titans offence

23) Marshawn Lynch Bills (HB) With very little the bills are

22) Haloti N'Gata Ravens (LE) A homer pick sure. Hey, its my list. Want to run to the left, please do. I encourage it. "It gives me a chance to exclaim N'Gata over there!"

21) Steven Jackson Cowboys (HB) - Makes the offense work.

20) Jerome Harrison (HB) Browns - Effective. Definitely. Scary, not so much. Do you go into game worrying about Harrison, no. Does he beat you, yes.

19) Antonio Gates (TE) Chargers - Is that a bird, is it a plane, no its Gates leaping above all for another catch!

18) Rob Gronkowski (TE) (Pats) Killing you slowly. Dink Dink, Dunk. The Pats TE is the weapon in the middle, tough to cover, takes mind off Welker

17) Chris Johnson (HB) (Panthers) Chris Johnson hasn't had the year that he would have liked but speed is speed and that screen is still a weapon

16) CJ Spiller (HB) Chiefs -Nick's biggest weapon in the first half the season got teams to adjust. It wasn't just that he got the ball. It was those amazing jukes.

15)Andre Johnson (WR) Texans - Johnson is a sleeping giant. Mike doesn't use him as much as others might in his position but he is always there.

14) Matt Forte (HB) Bears - the Bears defence is so strong the offence is a second thought. Forte is one of multiple guys who can destroy you.

13) Dez Bryant (WR) (Cowboys) The Star-men have a suite of tough receivers but Dez is the quickest. Sure Steve Smith or Benn might or Jackson might beat you but it was because you were worried about Bryant

12) Mike Turner (HB) (Falcons) Turner is no longer the scary player he was last year but the dude can still fall forward for six yards better than anyone.

11) Reggie Bush (WR) (Ravens) At one point during a recent game Zack lamented "Did you see Bush's cut. It was so fast, that's unfair." "Yes, I responded, Cromartie had hin blanketed, no way I could get him the ball." "So?" Zach replied, "That's not the point." Most teams adjust for Bush. I guess that makes him scary

10) Jamarcus Austin (QB) Steelers - In combination with wide receiver core, Austin is um annoying. In the definition of changing the gameplan - everybody adjusts to Austin. This is what Mike Vick will be like in 12. Enjoy Chad, which brings us to:

9) Desean Jackson (WR) Eagles - Jackson might be the most exciting WR in the game. Chad loves to throw and Jackson always needs to be doubled. He also represents a major threat on returns.

Cool Golden Tate (WR) Browns - The Browns deep threat occasionally drops the ball, in the endzone, while wide open. He often doesn't as well. The fact that he is in the end-zone wide open is why he in number 8 in the list.

7) Calvin Johnson Jr (WR) Lions. Regardless of the owner it seems Megatron is incredible.

6) Dommiquie Rodgers Cromartie (CB) Redskins - I laughed when Kat traded McNabb for DRC (at the time it left her with Curtis Painter at QB). I laugh no more. In the Redksins defence DRC locks down a receiver.

5) Antonio Cromartie (CB) Browns - So how did Cromartie end up on the browns?? I give him the edge narrowly over his evil twin. Has burned me a few more times. Wouldn't object to them being flipped

4) LaRon Landry (S) Bears - Any & all the bears defense could be on the list but the statistics would seem to suggest that Landry is the guys who will get 'cha if nobody else does

3) Miles Austin (WR) Redskins - Austin makes a good case for number 1 but there is something that seems sweet and innocent about him until he gets open on the that damn right to left drag route again....

2) Jamal Charles (HB) Dolphins - Cmonks could probably take the digital equivalent of you or I and gain 1,000 yards but Charles is a great weapon. Never see it in person but the 79 yard rush is the stuff of legend in 4thsl.

1) Mike Wallace (WR) Steelers - In a league of passing. Mike Wallace is the scariest player in the game. He is fast, he is big, he's gets open. Failing to press him can result in a ton of short slants and outs. In zone Wallace will run right pass them. To make it worse Adam puts him all over the field. In the slot, out wide, in your dreams. Yes, the top players can stop him (the top players can stop anybody, apart from Avery) but even they have to adjust their game plan.

Honourable mentions - Broderick Cotton; Earl Bowman; Brandon Boutte; Dallas Clarke; Pat White; Larry Fitzgerald; Michael Lincoln

Last edited by Chairman7 on Wed May 25, 2011 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

25 most feared players in 4thsl Empty Re: 25 most feared players in 4thsl

Post by RealJeffSolo Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 am

Funny I fear Berry far more than Landry.

Also Revision Island getting snubbed? Someone doctoral has not tried to fly over the island.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 am

Oh and of course when Kat sees this there will be a fanfic about the pox and a bulletin board
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Wed May 25, 2011 6:42 am

RealJeffSolo wrote:Funny I fear Berry far more than Landry.

Also Revision Island getting snubbed? Someone doctoral has not tried to fly over the island.

Fearing Berry more than Landry might be reasonable, I have never played the Bears. Its the bears - they are all scary
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Wed May 25, 2011 9:03 am

How big do people think Wallace is? You should really look one day.
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by toddzuniga Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 am

Any list without KC "Sweet Barbecue" Williams. 8 sacks with me missing 4 games, and 2,431 QB knockdowns. FEAR THE FUCKING COWBELL IN MADDEN 12 — the Q is comin'...

toddzuniga

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

Zach Miller's cap hit alone is reason enough for people to fear him. Honorable mention to the two-fanged monster. The Raiders suck, but you can ask the Chargers, the Chiefs and the Texans (all great teams) and I'm sure they will tell you that the only person that you need to worry about on the Raiders is Zach Miller. If I get a first down, it's because Zach Miller was involved. Also, I don't see anybody from the Saints on here. I couldn't tell you which players to be afraid of on that team other than the fact that you should be afraid to throw the ball, in general. His LBs will have their backs turned to the play and intercept the ball with their helmets. You should also plan on fumbling a couple times. I'm saying that the Saints are the darkhorse in the playoffs.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am

Great list, I love that you did this, Ken. Some fun stuff we get to talk/debate about!

RealJeffSolo wrote:Oh and of course when Kat sees this there will be a fanfic about the pox and a bulletin board
Get well soon, Kat. I hear she has the Pox.

b1ooper wrote:How big do people think Wallace is? You should really look one day.
Just checked: he's 6'0" with 89 jumping. Sorry, not the WR I'd put near the top of the list, though he is deserving.

toddzuniga wrote:Any list without KC "Sweet Barbecue" Williams. 8 sacks with me missing 4 games, and 2,431 QB knockdowns. FEAR THE FUCKING COWBELL IN MADDEN 12 — the Q is comin'...
Snub of the day, in my opinion. Well, actually it's on the list:

My snubs list:
1. Jared Allen or Mario Williams DE Titans
2. Reggie Wayne WR Colts
3. Dallas Clark TE Colts (I know he was an honorable mention, though I'd place him or the other TE on the list)
4. Zach Miller TE Raiders (Seriously. This is Ryan's dude, and when he plays well, he's unstoppable, and I had to adjust my gameplan for him)
5. KC "Sweet BBQ" Will'ums DE Broncos
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Wed May 25, 2011 11:49 am

SweetassWaffles wrote:The Raiders suck, but you can ask the... Texans (all great teams) and I'm sure they will tell you that the only person that you need to worry about on the Raiders is Zach Miller.
Started saying it myself without needing the reminder. Definitely deserves to be on the list.

EDIT: Oh, and Yamon is a good pick, though I still think for last season more than this season. He was the league leader in kickoff yards and TDs, and I recall many being fearful of kicking to him. I forget who decided after the first kick for a TD to squib it the rest of the game.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 pm

mikesuszek wrote:
b1ooper wrote:How big do people think Wallace is? You should really look one day.
Just checked: he's 6'0" with 89 jumping. Sorry, not the WR I'd put near the top of the list, though he is deserving.

Wallace being "big" has been mentioned numerous times now. Quite the hilarious myth.
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 pm

If you stack Jeremy Shockey on top of Zach Miller (which I might try to do agains the Browns this week) you would get a player who is 12'10" with 169 Jumping. You guys should be freaking the fuck out!
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Also, I think the Mike Wallace myth stems from Mike Wallace on 60 minutes. I've heard that dude is like 6'10" and he has an uncanny ability to jump to the next question in an interview.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 pm

SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Chairman7 wrote:Rules to the list -
2) The person controlling the player is as important as the player being controlled

...And that's the reason there will never be a Cardinal in that list. EVER.

mikesuszek wrote:
My snubs list:
5. KC "Sweet BBQ" Will'ums DE Broncos

haha. Love your work Mike
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Too bad Miles Austin is hurt right now =(

Guess you guys will have to learn to fear Vincent Jackson.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Wed May 25, 2011 1:29 pm

The league leader in sacks gets left off but shitty Chris Johnson makes it?
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Wed May 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Haha, Matt Forte. I don't think he should be "feared" by anyone, but he certainly is effective. He's one of those guys who quietly goes about his business, does a great job at every aspect of the game and doesn't screw up, but rarely does anything huge.

Other Notables from my team:
Urlacher whos always one of the best MLBs in the league against the run AND pass.
Jason Worilds... especially after leading the league in sacks last year and continuing his dominance like last week (5 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF)

Snubs Around The League:
Revis Island - He was traded to my division, and now I hate the KEYs for that. He might not have the flashy athletic abilities of the Cromarties, but he is way better at being in the right spot at the right time.
Barret "The Rude Dude" Ruud
- It seems like every week I hear about him getting a game-changing INT, FF or run stuff.
Antoine Bethea - The one guy on the Cowboys D who can shutdown a gameplan.

We should also do most feared at each position!
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by zoso745 Wed May 25, 2011 4:38 pm

i agree with this list with the exception the Barrett the rude dude Ruud isnt on there. i mean he ended a players career. if thats not frighting then i dont know what is
zoso745
zoso745

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm

zoso745 wrote:i agree with this list with the exception the Barrett the rude dude Ruud isnt on there. i mean he ended a players career. if thats not frighting then i dont know wht is

I forgot about that! I'm benching all my starting players if I ever verse the Barrett!
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 pm

So a few things:

1) Perception is reality. I perceive Wallace is 6-6 when he leaps for another catch

2) The mystique of KC Williams makes him less scary & he came up short against the ravens

3) Miller should have made the cut. He nearly did

4) If you want you favourite player in you have to nominate someone to drop

5) I could have included the entire bears defence but that wouldn't have been fun

6) Make your own top 10s!
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Wed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm

4. is easy. drop chris johnson.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I would replace Yamon Figurs with my Kick Returner Brian Witherspoon.

If you don't believe me, ask Babyseat.

He has 4x 100 yard returns this season, and has been injured for 3-5 games (I don't remember).

Happily give it up for a kick returner with more, though.

Witherspoon is a weapon, and he doesn't have a safety switch.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm no math genius, but are you saying that Witherspoon has 400 yard returns (impossible) and has been injured for -2 games (also impossible)?
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Wed May 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Boom. Mathed.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Wed May 25, 2011 8:33 pm

My Brian hurts.