4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended)

+6
RealJeffSolo
omgitsbabyseat
mikesuszek
danvitale
kevlarAK
toddzuniga
10 posters

Go down

Was this the right decision?

SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_lcap12%SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_lcap47%SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_lcap24%SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_lcap17%SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Empty SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended)

Post by toddzuniga Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:32 am

Thoughts, responses, etc.? Write them below.

"In response to this incident, effective immediately, Jay Cutler and Marques Colston will be suspended FOUR GAMES. They will be dropped to free agency (no one can pick them up or bid on them) and their contracts will still count against the Bears cap space."

toddzuniga

Back to top Go down

SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Empty Re: SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended)

Post by kevlarAK Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:56 am

How often are we going to see this in the league going forward? These are scores I see in my offline franchise games, i.e., just a little on the ridiculous side. I have to wonder though if this is too lenient. Is this the 1st time offender penalty? Should the penalty be harsher for the next incident to try to properly place in everyone's head that this is not acceptable?

My teams have seen John twice a year every season I have been a part of 4th String Leagues. He has great talent on offense, defense and special teams all the while keeping his cap lower than nearly every other owner. The only time my Vikings have taken down the Bears were in games that were simmed which shows that John does great things when he hits the B button and takes control of his players.

I am not trying to defend his actions, but it can't be easy with the speed of his team to keep the stats reigned in. That being said, I appreciate his email after he realized there would be repercussions to letting the score/stats get out of hand. I look forward to John's response, I hope that he will accept the ruling with class and learn from this.

John is an amazing Madden player and quite frankly, I am still baffled it took him this long to win it all. I STILL LOVE THE LEAGUE! Ken, I hope you can accept this ruling and remember that you are one of our two favorite criminal descendants I mean Aussies!

At any rate, these are my 2 cents. Wait, you only accept Euros now, don't you To__?

Last edited by kevlarAK on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : LTL)
kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended) Empty Re: SECURITY COUNCIL RULING: Bears (Cutler & Colston suspended)

Post by danvitale Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 am

Whilst I am very disappointed that this situation has occurred, after Todd's email I am extremely concerned and mystified that the former Rams owner was ejected from the league for "spamming" to one particular receiver.

That alone for me raises a ton of questions, specifically what powers the security council had over how we play our games - and why we should have to answer for our own Madden playing strategy.

I believe a much bigger can of worms has been cracked open...
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:26 am

danvitale wrote:Whilst I am very disappointed that this situation has occurred, after Todd's email I am extremely concerned and mystified that the former Rams owner was ejected from the league for "spamming" to one particular receiver.

That alone for me raises a ton of questions, specifically what powers the security council had over how we play our games - and why we should have to answer for our own Madden playing strategy.

I believe a much bigger can of worms has been cracked open...

Todd didn't mention the whole story. The Rams weren't banned for only that action, and were in fact formerly removed from the league and let back in. There were a few other concerning things with teams that have been removed this past season.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Ok Mike - thanks for the clarification.
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Can the SC come up with a set of penalties for this crap? This ruling seems right, but I think there needs to be something set in stone for the future so that people know it's for real.

Ex.:

First offense of this nature: All spammed players are suspended for four games with all the cap stuff and everything mentioned above.

Second offense: blahblahblah

If we need to get to a third offense, then so be it. But I think it happening twice with the same person should lead to a boot.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:18 pm

I wanted to add that I was not a part of the vote, verdict, or terms of punishment discussion. I took myself out because I play the Bears in week 4.

That being said, I don't disagree with any of this.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:09 pm

I just wanted to say that I believe that this is a fair ruling, especially to keep the two player's stats consistent with the rest of the league.

I wasn't thinking straight that day because I was running on 3 hours of intermittent sleep. I didn't even notice the stats until it was too late... and I really didn't want to restart the game because I was planning on going to bed directly after the conclusion of the CPU game (at about 8pm, if you want to know how tired I was). This did not happen via poor morals or lack of caring; it was caused by lack of sleep.

I don't want the ruling changed at all, I just don't want my name in the league dragged through the mud (which it looks like some people already are looking at me in a different light, which is unfortunate). The only feeling I have had during this whole ordeal is embarrassment.

Before anyone tries to let this situation color what you think of me, I ask for people take into consideration that I have been in the league since season one of Madden 10 (which not many people currently in the league can say) and I have never had a single 'incident' of any sort, nor have I had anyone confront me (or even hint at) any foul play or lack of sportsmanship on my part, during the 64+ games I have played in this league. I have made a ton of friends in this league and met a lot of people that obviously I wouldn't have met otherwise. I don't think I have any enemies in the league (besides me and Jeff's friendly rivalry) and hope none are forged by this event. I promise you, if I would have gotten a normal amount of sleep the night before, the thread we would be posting in right now would be about the Bears new 1-5-5 defense Smile

If there could be anyway we could put this all behind us and most importantly, everyone forgive me and my actions, that would mean a lot to me. My main goal in this league has always been to have fun and help others have fun too. Obviously this accident has tainted the integrity of those two player's stats (which stats are half the fun in a league!), so I sincerely apologize. I believe these four weeks will fairly even out the stats of both players and let the league go on without many traces of this situation, which is great. I thank you all for allowing me to continue to take part in the greatest virtual sports league of all-time. #LTL!
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks John.

The important take away from Todd's email is that security council is that it was the action that was wrong regardless of your intent.

As a great madden player you should be able to manage a game against the CPU without this silliness.

As for the concept of spamming i maintain the only difference between the rams Avery offense & my Reggie bush offense is that he managed to get avery the ball.

Even here the difference between intent & action is critical.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:59 pm

PoopieDeLoopie wrote:...I don't want the ruling changed at all, I just don't want my name in the league dragged through the mud (which it looks like some people already are looking at me in a different light, which is unfortunate). The only feeling I have had during this whole ordeal is embarrassment.

Before anyone tries to let this situation color what you think of me, I ask for people take into consideration that I have been in the league since season one of Madden 10 (which not many people currently in the league can say) and I have never had a single 'incident' of any sort, nor have I had anyone confront me (or even hint at) any foul play or lack of sportsmanship on my part, during the 64+ games I have played in this league. I have made a ton of friends in this league and met a lot of people that obviously I wouldn't have met otherwise. I don't think I have any enemies in the league (besides me and Jeff's friendly rivalry) and hope none are forged by this event. I promise you, if I would have gotten a normal amount of sleep the night before, the thread we would be posting in right now would be about the Bears new 1-5-5 defense Smile

If there could be anyway we could put this all behind us and most importantly, everyone forgive me and my actions, that would mean a lot to me. My main goal in this league has always been to have fun and help others have fun too. Obviously this accident has tainted the integrity of those two player's stats (which stats are half the fun in a league!), so I sincerely apologize. I believe these four weeks will fairly even out the stats of both players and let the league go on without many traces of this situation, which is great. I thank you all for allowing me to continue to take part in the greatest virtual sports league of all-time. #LTL!

Ken said it best: it was purely based on the action and not the intent. No hard feelings, and I'm sure we'll all move past it.

What a Face
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:01 am

To be honest, I was especially disappointed when this happened, because it wsa week one and it was Bears John. The fact that John has been in the league since it's inception, and has been one of its best players without even becoming close to overstepping the "too good for 4th String" line, is great, especially given that we have had tp 'graduate' a number of players.

Everything John has said since the CPU game, only solidifies his place in the league and his status as all-around good guy. No we get to see REALLY how good he is with a scrub QB!!!
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:36 am

radioheadhead wrote:To be honest, I was especially disappointed when this happened, because it wsa week one and it was Bears John. The fact that John has been in the league since it's inception, and has been one of its best players without even becoming close to overstepping the "too good for 4th String" line, is great, especially given that we have had tp 'graduate' a number of players.

Everything John has said since the CPU game, only solidifies his place in the league and his status as all-around good guy. No we get to see REALLY how good he is with a scrub QB!!!

Its funny, because I'm actually really excited for these upcoming weeks to be playing with Nate Davis (lolwho?) at QB. I'm going to be outside of my comfort zone on both sides of the ball now, which will make for some interesting results. I'm really disappointed that I wont have Cutler for my Rivalry game against Jeff! If I can beat him with a backup QB though... that will be another interesting wrinkle to our rivalry history.
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by toddzuniga Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 am

All's forgiven, and curious to see how you fare w/o Cutler (also: I'll still trade you Orton for him, even if he is suspended! Make a knee-jerk trade!).

Mostly, though, I'm excited to discover how easy it is to put a poll up in the forums!

toddzuniga

Back to top Go down

Post by Huhnerficker Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:50 pm

omgitsbabyseat wrote:Can the SC come up with a set of penalties for this crap? This ruling seems right, but I think there needs to be something set in stone for the future so that people know it's for real.

Ex.:

First offense of this nature: All spammed players are suspended for four games with all the cap stuff and everything mentioned above.

Second offense: blahblahblah

If we need to get to a third offense, then so be it. But I think it happening twice with the same person should lead to a boot.

Third offense is banishment. Three Douchemarks makes you a Douchelord and you are tossed. My question would be how long do the Douchemarks stay on your sheet?

Also I wanted to add that John and I talked and for it is no big deal. The only stat that went up that bugs me is the score. I can deal with that over the next 16 weeks so f it. Also I am glad to see the SC make a decision with speed and thoughtfulness. I do wish that league edicts were signed by the whole council though.

Last edited by Huhnerficker on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Huhnerficker
Huhnerficker

http://twitter.com/huhnerficker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down