4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA2K11 My Player

4 posters

Go down

NBA2K11 My Player Empty NBA2K11 My Player

Post by futhamucka Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 am

I thought I'd start a "Post your My Player" thread. If you've only played online games in NBA 2K you should really check it out. It's kind of a slow burn because your player is not good when you start out, but if you stick with it and become a started it's really rewarding. My NBA 2K10 player started out as a 48 rated PG, and by the end of the first season was leading the Heat (pre Lebron) to the championships and throwing up Oops for D.Wade and Michael Beasley. (Pro Tip: put all your skill points into Offensive and Defensive awareness before you get drafted as this is the quickest way to raise your overall rating. It's the difference between being a undrafted and being a first round pick).

I'll get things started. I created a realistic my player in 2K10, but I wanted a change from being a 5'11" point guard, so in 2K11 I created a 6'10" Power Forward.
NBA2K11 My Player P2021000
It's a completely different experience not being the player with the ball, but I'm getting the hang of it:

futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

NBA2K11 My Player Empty Re: NBA2K11 My Player

Post by Chairman7 Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Good tip
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Yeah, it's good fun. A slow burn but rewarding. I'ev made "Chris Cisse" an Allen Iverson type 6'3" SG.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Post videos and a link to the player page. Lets encourage people to check this mode out and join in. They're already doing a FIFA be a pro mode, maybe we can get a crew together for NBA? Of course I'm on the PS3 which could throw a spanner in the works Smile
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by kevlarAK Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Still waiting on my copy from Amazon. I should probably track the package.
kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:03 am

I just came one rebound short of my first double-double. I think that's the first game I have felt good about so far with this player, I had a sweet block of Rashard Lewis and a breakaway dunk too.
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 am

It seems like it's just me in here, but dammit I'm going to post anyway.

My player just got player of the game with a dominant performance, I let the game keep going once the action had stopped and was treated to the amazing highlights package that it puts together for the player of the game. Absolutely amazing presentation with visual effects and a breakdown of the stats. I'm sure it does this after every game you play in all the modes, but it's pretty amazing to see your created player featured. I tip my hat to thee 2Ksports!
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 pm

I know! I love that Player of the Game stuff. Especially when it is to Big Boi's "Shutterbugg".
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by kevlarAK Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm

I can't wait to try this mode out! Today is my daughter's birthday party, so I can't really break open my copy ATM.
kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

Just don't get frustrated when you start out, I can't stress it enough. When you start out your player will have a very low rating (40s to 50s) so don't expect him to play like Jordan in the first game.
Level him up for the way you want him to play, and play smart. Things like turnovers really affect your game rating, and therefore the amount of points you get from each game.
I wanted my PF to be a great rebounder, and be able to crush the ball after grabbing a board on offense. He's just starting to get there and I'm probably a third of the way into the season, two double-doubles in a row now. He's still coming off the bench, but I don't mind that as he's getting good minutes. The grizzlies are awful though, so inconsistent. They also traded their best PG for a first round pick at the beginning of the season, I think Jason Williams is the best actual PG on the roster (OJ Mayo starts at the 1).
In the game I played last night they had a 20 point lead over the spurs in the middle of the 3rd quarter, my player got subbed out and came in with 2 minutes left in the game. The Spurs were up by 3 and went on to win it Sad
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:14 pm

OK, I recorded one of the Player of the game moments with my camera (hence the bad quality). I wish they let you upload these like you can normal replays!

This includes (blink and you miss it) my first putback dunk, I was pretty pleased with that.
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 pm

DUNK MACHINE!

I'll have to upload a video or two of Chris Cisse....
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Dunk machine is right! I just used all the points from this game (doubled since it was a rivalry game) and put them into the dunk rating. This unlocked Dwight Howard's dunk package, so LOOK OUT BELOW!
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down