4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Bios

+4
Katbot
DarthObvious
danvitale
Chairman7
8 posters

Go down

Player Bios Empty Player Bios

Post by Chairman7 Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

Here's a little section where we can introduce ourselves.

I'm Ken, I'm from Brisbane Australia. Or as I would say in an NFL introduction, Ken Parker THE Queensland University of Technology.

I work for the Government in the maritime department. My job is to assess big infrastructure projects and determine their impact on maritime services. This job has almost nothing to do with the PhD which was in sociology. I guess it's funny how things work out.

I used to be a listener to the original podcast back in the 1up days. I listen to a lot of podcasts in fact on my way to work or when I'm walking my dog.

The earliest madden I can remember owning is Madden '96. I have bought every edition since.

I'm 30 (soon to be 31) married to the woman I took to the prom (we call it a formal) (the Bree in Breekenneth) & have a 10 month old daughter and an old samoyed.

My avatar is a portrait that my grandfather did of me. I think its the most wonderfully hideous painting I have seen[img][/img]

My greatest sport's moment

Last edited by Chairman7 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Player Bios Empty Re: Player Bios

Post by danvitale Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:54 am

I'm Dan, from Southend, Essex, England. The less I talk about the town the better, except that it's Football team once beat Manchester United in the League Cup at the small shack that is the "stadium", Roots Hall..

I work for an IT Security Retailer and perform Consultancy at various locations around the country. I work with Enterprise based Anti-Virus, Data Loss Prevention and Encryption products such as McAfee to ensure maximum computer security for our customers. I used to work in the City of London for fourteen years before being made redundant from my old work place, hopefully I'll move back there in the future. It's got a nice buzz, and the atmosphere during the big Football tournaments is brilliant.

I've been listening since the first Sports Anomaly podcast - the good old days of shouting chants at full voice in a meeting room.. great stuff... My job roles have always required long commutes, so Podcasts are critical to me. The Sports Anomaly and later 4th String are shows I can honestly say I have always listened to and consistantly enjoyed.

The earliest Madden I remember playing is John Madden '92 on the Sega Megadrive (Genesis). In the late 80s to early 90s, NFL coverage was limited in this country. Exposure to the sport was limited to a taped game shown a week later, with the Superbowl live. We bought Madden 92 based on very high review scores and that gave us the urge to check out the NFL programming on one of the four terrestrial channels we had then (satellite TV had just launched, and there was no such thing as cable tv). I learnt the sport through the video game. I wonder how many of us have done this with other sports?

I am 34 years old, live alone but enjoy catching as many sports and music events as I can, although the nature of my job and the travel involved makes such effots a last minute thing. There's nothing like kicking back on a warm summer's day and watching a one-day Cricket match with your friends drinking beer. It's something I'd recommend to you all.

My avatar is of Eli Manning with the Vince Lombardi trophy. Probably my favourite NFL moment of all time. I saw the Giants' game at Wembley that year, and saw the start of their Superbowl run - the game against the Patriots had me shouting and screaming my head off - and prompted a visit from the police at 4am after receiving reports of a domestic argument from my apartment. I blamed that on David Tyree....
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 am

I'm Scott, from Green Bay, WI. I live 4 blocks away from Lambeau Field and can see the back of the scoreboard from my driveway.

I'm 26, but sadly, still live at home. (Stupid economy) Trust me, this is not by choice.

I work at a local TV station, mostly in the studio running the teleprompter. This job has given me an opportunity to be in a lot of interesting places. I've gotten to meet and talk with quite a few Packers players, and was also at Brett Favre's last Packer post-game news conference. (Holding the boom mic that picks up the reporters questions)

My avatar is a picture of me on (yes, on) Lambeau Field from this past year's Packers Family Night, which my TV station produces.

The first Madden I remember playing was '95 or '96, around the time the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI. I would have been 12 at the time. I learned the game of football through playing Madden (same can be said of most sports after that) which I know sounds crazy considering where I live. I once told myself that I would never be one of those people who bought Madden every year, but as I grew up, I found sports games were what I enjoyed spending most of my time on. Now I get to try and justify buying Madden every year to my girlfriend.

Last edited by DarthObvious on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more info.)
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm Kat, originally from Minnesota but now living in San Francisco.

I'm a freelance writer working for various outlets like EGM, 1UP, GameSpot and GamePro. I got into this line of work because I enjoy videogames, and I recommend it for anyone who doesn't mind starvation and perpetual poverty.

I don't have an avatar here yet, but I usually use the one that was drawn for me while working in Japan. It was created by my office's design team as part of a going away present for one of the top execs. The Gundam in the background was a nod to the fact that both the design lead and myself are Gundam fans.

I'm not going to say my age, but I'm not 30 yet. Wink

My first real dose of Madden was the '01 version, which was shortly after I both got a PlayStation and started watching the NFL. After that, I didn't play Madden until picking up this version for the league. And now I've probably played more Madden than any other game in the past year.

Eesh.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm Ryan, and I'm from the eastside of Seattle (Kirkland, where the Seahawks used to train) but I am now living about an hour and a half south of Seattle in Gig Harbor...where this happened.

I went to Arizona State University and studied Biology, but I ultimately ended up switching to "Internet and Web Development" because Organic Chemistry made me want to chop my feet off with a spork.

I'm 31 and since I turned 18, I've lived in Idaho, Las Vegas, The Canary Islands (Spain-ish), Utah, Alaska, Phoenix and now I'm back home in WA. I've been married for almost 4 years and I have a 9 1/2 month old baby girl who poops and smiles a lot (it's great).

I do web design and development for Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts and I freelance as well. I play bass (built my own) I write, I draw, I eat food and I occasionally play video games...I'm trying to make my own Flash game...it's not easy.

I first played Madden back on the SNES...so whatever version that was ('94 or '95?) and I think '99 for the PSOne was the last one that I played before I bought 09 (which I hardly played). Obviously, from my record, I'm still kind of learning how it all works...but someday I will crush all of your tiny faces into a smooth, fine paste and then spread it on a sandwich. I won't eat the sandwich ('cause that's fucking disgusting) but, instead, I will think of it fondly as it decomposes in a land fill.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Chairman7 wrote:I'm 30 (soon to be 31) married to the women I took to the prom (we call it a formal) (the Bree in Breekenneth) & have a 10 month old daughter and an old samoyed.

May I ask exactly how many women you took to the prom and then married? Laughing
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Oh shit! He's going to need copious amounts of babyseats if he procreates with all of the women who he took to "formal" and then married. I smell a hit reality show: Sibling Wives Down Under.
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 am

Guess I'll give this section a go.

I'm Adam, born in Alaska, raised in Washington. I've moved around the state some, but have settled down (for now) somewhere in between Tacoma and Seattle. Being from the Pacific NW I've come to enjoy the cornucopia of beer selection that we have up here, and just feel bad for the rest of the states and their sad selections.

I am currently working as a Network Engineer for a local school district. We're one of the leaders in the state/nation in technology integration in the classroom so day to day at the office is always busy.

I've been playing sports video games since the NES. I have strong competitive memories of playing Bases Loaded 4. Playing and loving NHL '95, NBA Jam, and Madden '95 on the Genesis. Being very confused by the random team names in the long forgotten Madden 64. Then finally becoming like many of you, an annual Madden (and NCAA) football buyer. And I've said it a few times, but I miss the MVP baseball series (curses you 2K!!!!)

Posted above is by far my favorite sports moment. I still get chills and remember where I was when it happened.

While I am the Steelers in the league, in the 'real' NFL they would be at the top of my disliked list. The Seahwaks and Mariners are my main pro sport teams that I follow, but I like to think I can sit down in front of any sporting event and at least follow what is going on.
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:15 am

SweetassWaffles wrote:Oh shit! He's going to need copious amounts of babyseats if he procreates with all of the women who he took to "formal" and then married. I smell a hit reality show: Sibling Wives Down Under.

Hmmm. While I did take my one wife to Southern Utah as part of our honeymoon - there's only one of her...
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Lets keep these bios coming
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:37 pm

My name is Kris, though there are many people that know me simply as "Seat" or "Babyseat". I represent the Cincinnati Bengals in the league and I'm also from Cincinnati and a huge fan so that works well.

I look like an asshole:
Player Bios 6381_120917173589_614663589_2503705_7418737_n

I work at an insurance company called Cincinnati Financial Corporation. It's pretty nice there, but bland as are most office jobs. I rate insurance and do a shit load of math all day. I'm looking to enroll in school at UC this spring, but I'm not sure what for. Possibly something to do with the IT field or E-media.

I was in "Heaven" when I first came across The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly because it was so fucking funny (and still retains the same appeal to this day). I, too, listen to podcasts a ton. Typically, I listen all fucking day at work.

My first Madden moment was Madden '94 on the SNES when my Uncle and I played a shit ton. I believe I remember him telling me that it was the first time we could actually be the Bengals, Jets or Giants. However, my first sports game memory is playing Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the SNES. It's still one of my favorite sports games ever.

I'll be 26 on April 21st, and I have a beautiful girlfriend/baby mama who is 26 named Stevie (Stephanie for long) and a daughter named Emma who just so happens to get her beauty from her mom who is 4 years old. I think most of you have seen a pic of the little one.

I was in a rock and roll band called Mint 6 Ten (we later changed our name to ArcArsenal) ever since I was a sophomore in high school. We played Warped Tour a few times, did some touring and were pretty successful. We signed a deal a few months before I found out that Emma was on her way. Just as we were about to record our full length and really get a jump on things, I found out that Emma was on her way and decided to quit the band and get a "real" job. A part of me still wishes I could achieve that dream, but I wouldn't change it for the world now. Emma is my everything. I still play music and I'm in a wizard rock band called The Muggle Dueling Club now. We roughly recorded three Harry and The Potters covers (good friends of ours) and have a couple up to listen to. If you're interested in hearing any of the Mint 6 Ten/ArcArsenal stuff or Muggle Dueling Club, just let me know.

My avatar is an acquired taste and comes cheap.

My greatest sports moment:

Nothing that great in the Bengals repertoire.

But I was here for this last year a couple days after the death of my cousin in Afghanistan (who was a HUGE Reds [and really, anything Cincinnati] fan and going to a Reds game that summer was one of the last things I did with him) and it was really something to behold:
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Cool story, Kris
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaradactyl Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am

My real name is Gary but online many know me as The Garadactyl. I am the current owner of the up and coming Detroit Lions. I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and still live there today(less than 30 seconds from OMG its Babyseat). He's my cousin in case you hadn't heard. I am currently 22 years old (about to be 23 as of April 10). Im a huge movie buff. Pulp Fiction, Oldboy, Reservoir Dogs, The Usual Suspects and A Clockwork Orange are a few of my favorites. My facebook is www.facebook.com/ballinonabudget feel free to add me or creep out on my pics whichever you prefer.

I work at a place called Luckies Pony Keg. For those who are unfortunate enough to have a pony keg in their town its basically a drive-thru convenient store. We sell beer, cigarettes, candy, soda pop, chips etc. basically everything and you don't even have to get out of your car. I've been there for just about 7 years now.

My earliest madden moment was probably 98 or 99. My brother and I would always do a fantasy draft in franchise mode and play for hours upon hours. Those are some of the greatest memories I have of my brother. I have bought Madden every year since then. I play an insane amount of Call of Duty, Im actually really good at it. Im ranked in the top 1000 in the world so if any of you would like to pwn some n00bs in COD let me know.

The cousin Kris (or Babyseat as some of you like to call him) was talking about was my brother. He was killed in Afghanistan September 26, 2010. He was just 23 years old, he was my biggest influence on sports, movies, music basically anything pop culture. Without him i probably wouldn't even be in this league. He was the biggest Bengals, Reds, anything Cincinnati fan Ill ever meet. My greatest sports moment was:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d8qmrNqp0kI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was just 2 days after I got the news about my brother. I was fortunate enough to actually be at the stadium (with kris) when this happened. A night I will never forget.

thegaradactyl

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:40 am

Kris, Gary, much love to you and your family.

Dan
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down