4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOCK AND AWE: Katskins send an early message

2 posters

Go down

SHOCK AND AWE: Katskins send an early message Empty SHOCK AND AWE: Katskins send an early message

Post by Katbot Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:51 am

The Katskins had heard the talking. They saw the predictions that they would finish third behind tough Eagles and Cowboys squads in the NFC East. So when it came time to play the Panthers for the season opener, they didn't hold back.

Ben Roethlisberger and Miles Austin picked up where they left off last year with spectacular performances en route to a 45-15 victory, and new acquisition CB Glover Quin Jr. snagged his first pick in a Redskins uniform. Particularly impressive was castoff running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who finished with 150 yards rushing, including a massive 72 yard run in the 3rd quarter.

"No one wanted me! Kat put in a bid on a whim!" Bradshaw told reporters. "Now that I'm here in Washington though, I'm sending a message. And that message is that all the racketeering and substance abuse around here is awesome."

The Redskins scored on their first possession to make it 7-0, but the Panthers returned the favor with a run back for a touchdown. They wouldn't score again until the 3rd though, as the reinforced Redskins defense bottled up Panthers running back Chris Johnson and harassed Jimmy Clausen. They finally broke through late in the game after WR Aaron Scott demonstrated his freakish jumping ability by making an incredible leaping catch in double coverage over Quin Jr. and safety Tanard Jackson. A few players later, the Panthers made it 31-15.

"I just want to tell Zack that it wasn't DRC who was beat on the play in the endzone," Kat said in a press conference. "It was Hardnett. Obviously, DRC would have snagged that ball out of the air."

She finished by doing a victory lap around the press room, "Shock and awe! Katskins are here! We're coming for you NFC East! Be ready!"

The Redskins later issued a press release asking Kat to calm the hell down, because it was only one game.

SHOCK AND AWE: Katskins send an early message 5597468252_53bf000b1e

Image courtesy of the always awesome Ryan Lewis!

Katbot

Back to top Go down

SHOCK AND AWE: Katskins send an early message Empty Re: SHOCK AND AWE: Katskins send an early message

Post by Chairman7 Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:35 am

Redskins in the over then
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down