4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs

3 posters

Go down

Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs Empty Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs

Post by Katbot Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 am

Having been picked to finish third in the NFC East, and consistently discounted in the discussion of contenders, the Katskins are on a mission. They continued that drive in a 45-28 rout of the Tampa Bay Josh Freemans in the home opener at the recently-renamed Katskins Field.

Ben Roethlisberger and the Katskins moved the ball efficiently all day as castoff halfback Ahmad Bradshaw racked up 138 yards rushing and a score. In a new turn for the Katskins defense though, star receiver Miles Austin took a backseat to the newly-acquired Vincent Jackson hauled in five passes for 78 yards. Austin still found ways to contribute though, snagging a pair of crucial touchdowns on third down plays.

"Hey, whoever gets us the win," Austin said after the game. "They call us Shock and Awe for a reason, right?"

The Katskins took charge early on, returning a fumble for a touchdown to make the score 21-0. The Buccs seemed to settle for a field on the next drive, but then pulled off a perfectly executed fake to climb back into the game. They weren't so lucky near the end of the second half though, as Freeman attempted to dive into the endzone as time ran out, only to come up a yard short.

With the score at 42-14, the Buccs put on one final charge. A 75-yard Marion Barber run through a Katskins gang tackle made it 42-21, and after forcing the clock chewing Katskins to punt, Josh Freeman managed to find the endzone one more time. The Buccs were still theoretically in it with roughly four minutes to go, but the Katskins had had enough. A field goal and a game sealing interception by Glover Quin later, they took a knee.

"Yeah, we took a knee to end that game, but we won't be taking a knee in the division. All the way to Week 17!" said Supreme Commander of the Katskins Kat Bailey. "We all we got! We all we need!"

Kat and the Katskins then went down to the corner malt shop for celebratory milk shakes.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs Empty Re: Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs

Post by mikesuszek Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:08 am

Note to everyone: Either make a direct point to count Kat out, or make a direct point to not count her out. Either way, she'll play with some made up fire when her team isn't constantly being acknowledged for how good it is.

Redskins are tough, but I don't think they're as underrated or discounted as you keep claiming, Kat.

Also, I like that a team of criminals/troublemakers got milk shakes after the game.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs Empty Re: Week 2: Katskins still on a mission, down Buccs

Post by uofmcamaro Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 am

They shred my O line like cheese man...I will say this though, that long TD run Barber had was a thing of BEAUTY. I'm pretty sure he broke about 8 tackles.

I don't guess the Buccs didn't play well...the Skins just played that much better. In the end I made some stupid coaching decisions. Going for it at the end of the half is where the dumb decisions started. Turn overs and dumb coaching decisions.

OUTPLAYED AND OUTCOACHED!

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 am

uofmcamaro wrote:They shred my O line like cheese man...I will say this though, that long TD run Barber had was a thing of BEAUTY. I'm pretty sure he broke about 8 tackles.

Yeah, the highlight is up. Gotta love those gang tackle-busting runs.

Most impressive moment to me though was that fake field goal for a TD. I even had an inkling you might go for it, and you just faked me out beautifully.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum