4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katskins win wild one over rival Cowstars, 38-0

2 posters

Go down

Katskins win wild one over rival Cowstars, 38-0 Empty Katskins win wild one over rival Cowstars, 38-0

Post by Katbot Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 pm

How big was the game between the Washington Katskins and the Houston CowStars? Big enough that newly-acquired free safety Tanard Jackson decided to spend the night in the locker room.

"Just felt like good luck, ya know?" said Jackson, who finished with three tackles on the day. "Me and the guys had us dinner here at the stadium after the locker room, and I was so amped up I didn't wanna leave. Just went out to the field and looked up at the stars for a while."

Luck was indeed with the Katskins in a game that featured some wild twists of fate, almost all of them against the CowStars. Running back Steven Jackson went out of the game on the first play, and free safety Antoine Bethea followed suit with a broken collarbone. Even more bizarre was a kickoff that became an impromptu onside kick as the Katskins recovered a ball that fell behind the CowStars returner.

The CowStars managed a measure of revenge by returning a later kickoff for touchdown though, and eventually recovered an onside kick of their own. But the Katskins never took their foot off the accelerator as the defense forced several key stops and star receivers Miles Austin and Vincent Jackson each hauled in touchdown passes. Most impressive was QB Ben Roethlisberger, who managed 430 yards passing and five TDs.

Despite the gaudy numbers though, Roethlisberger admitted to not being entirely happy with his performance.

"Really forced some passes," Roethlisberger said. "Austin, DJax, Fred [Davis] bailed me out. I probably should have been picked off a couple times, but those corners just couldn't hold onto the ball."

But the Katskins aren't complaining, as they hold a two game advantage over the CowStars in the NFC East thanks to their 38-31 victory. They next take on the rival Eagles, who limp into Washington with a 2-5 record and fading playoff hopes. The second Katskins - CowStars bout is scheduled for Week 17 in what figures to be a brawl to the finish for the division.

HIGHLIGHTS:

CowStars Terrance Lucas Returns Kickoff for a TD: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/75387529
Miles Austin hauls in a key 45 yard TD on the Katskins opening drive: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/75387454
Vincent Jackson bounces off Cowboys corner for second TD of the year: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/75387396

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Katskins win wild one over rival Cowstars, 38-0 Empty Re: Katskins win wild one over rival Cowstars, 38-0

Post by Chairman7 Fri May 06, 2011 4:46 am

Big game. Amazing how many games are decided by the bouncing ball
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum