4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bengals Keep One Game Ahead Of Steelers With Win Against Colts - Week 15

Go down

Bengals Keep One Game Ahead Of Steelers With Win Against Colts - Week 15 Empty Bengals Keep One Game Ahead Of Steelers With Win Against Colts - Week 15

Post by omgitsbabyseat Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:57 am

After watching the Steelers come back against the Niners earlier in the week, the Bengals knew they had to win to stay ahead of the game for one of two wild card spots in the AFC. "The Colts are a formidable team, but I think we can keep it in check," said CB Jonathan "J. Joe" Joseph before the game. Keep it in check, they did.

The Colts got the ball in the first quarter after losing the coin toss and on their first drive, Bradford tried to squeeze the pigskin to Reggie Wayne, but the spot was quickly filled by CB Jonathan Joseph and was picked off. The Colts defense stood strong and only allowed the Bengals to get 3 points off of the turnover.

The Colts made their way back down the field, but Bradford threw another untimely interception in the redzone, again to Joseph. This time, the Bengals inept-as-shit offense couldn't move the ball and punted it back to the Colts. The Colts scored with 2:21 to go in the second quarter on an 8 yard out to rookie RB Brandon Boutte.

However, on the ensuing kickoff, Bengals RB Bernard "Beam Me Up Scotty" Scott took it to the house on a 101-yard return, nullifying the Colts brief lead. Bradford then threw his third INT of the game, this time to up-and-comer CB Brandon Ghee and the Bengals K Brett Swenson put another three points on the board to make it 13-7 at the half.

The Bengals controlled the game from then on, scoring a TD from 3 yards out with RB Cedric Benson and tacking on another field goal in the 4th. The Colts scored once more on a kickoff return of 96 yards by WR Pierre Garcon and converted the two point conversion. The Bengals methodically drove down the field and killed 7:44 off the clock in the 4th quarter on one drive.

"Well, we stayed ahead of the Steelers for one more week, but nothing is a given in this league. We'll continue to play our faces off," said Bengals QB Pat White. "People doubted me when they traded Palmer away and I've won as many games as that son of a bitch did last year. What are those people saying now? I'm not the greatest QB, but I'm gittin'-r-dun."

Final: Bengals: 23, Colts: 15

Bengals move to 9-5, matching their win total from last year and send Colts to 10-4.

Key stats:
Bengals:
Jonathan Joseph - 2 INT's
ummm...that's about it.
Oh, time of possession - 26:21

Colts:
1-4 on Third Down
Time of Possession - 5:39
QB S. Bradford - 12/21 for 198 yards, 1 TD 3 INT
RB B. Boutte - 3 carries for 8 yards, long of 7, 4 catches for 22 yards, 1 rec TD
WR Reggie Wayne - 2 catches for 76 yards, long of 61
CB Aqib Talib - 6 tackles
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down