4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children

2 posters

Go down

Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children Empty Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children

Post by Wiser Time Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm

“I thought we showed more heart today than ever,” said a visibly distraught Jaguars coach/GM/owner Rich Grisham. “But when it really, really mattered, we just didn’t have it in us. Man, that’s depressing.”

Jacksonville hung tough with the AFC South Division Champion Colts all afternoon before eventually falling 24-21 in OT, putting together some of their most impressive drives of the season. The Jaguars scored first on a nifty screen pass to Maurice Jones-Drew, who took it 60 yards for the score. The Colts then scored a couple of touchdowns, but with under 10 seconds left in the first half, Luke McCown hit Mike Thomas for a 75 yard touchdown pass to tie it at halftime.

The Colts took a 21-14 lead early in the third period, and held Jacksonville’s offense in check most of the rest of the game – but the Jags did the same to Indy. With 4 minutes to go in the game, Jacksonville got one last chance to tie it up. A meticulous drive down the field mixing runs and passes (and including a fourth down conversion and an overturned call via challenge) put Jacksonville at the Colts’ 5 with 12 seconds to play. On third down, McCown hit a cutting David Clowney for a touchdown.

“I was thinking about going for two there, believe you me,” said Grisham at the post-game press conference. “We were feeling it, and the Colts were gassed. But then, somehow, my three-year old woke up screaming and I heard it in my headset. I was thrown off a little bit. So I ignored him as best I could and went for the easy PAT and decided to take my chances in overtime. Man, when that kid has nightmares it’s a disaster.”

The Jags won the OT toss and managed a first down before Indy held them. They punted, and the Colts rather easily got into field goal range, made the kick, and escaped what would have been the biggest upset in 4th String history.

“Sure, I ignored my child in his moment of need, but this is the 4th String Football League,” Grisham continued. “Kids need to learn the world can be a tough place. I think it’s going to be good for him in the long run.”

In an unrelated matter, Coach Grisham’s wife held a separate news conference announcing the founding of the Leo Grisham Therapy fund, due to mature in 20 years.
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children Empty Re: Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children

Post by radioheadhead Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 pm

awesome.

now I'm scared about Week 17. Should I be?
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children Empty Re: Week 14: Jags lose OT thriller to Colts; traumatize small children

Post by Wiser Time Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 pm

radioheadhead wrote:awesome.

now I'm scared about Week 17. Should I be?

Probably not. I'm just good enough to lose these days, but at least not get blown out as much.
Wiser Time
Wiser Time

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 am

Well, I looked at your team, and I couldn't be prouder that Mr. Will Witherspoon has 40 scalps (tackles) for the season, 4 of them being dirty nazis (sacks).

Good on ya mate, both for your improvement and for your use of my man, Will Witherspoon.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum