4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4thSL Twitter

+3
Chairman7
amoeBae
RealJeffSolo
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4thSL Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: 4thSL Twitter

Post by RealJeffSolo Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:20 pm

You had to stop me, from doing a thing, that I only did, after you stopped me. Am I following so far?
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 pm

I've posted to a lot of blogs from that account. I don't see why something I write is any less relevant than anything written anywhere else.

I've linked to a lot of places.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Thats just it Jeff, it's all equally irrelevant.

I don't want a weekly fucking e-mail to see what you are up to. Post your personal shit, from your personal account, and stop abusing the league setup for your own gain. You can tweet about your blogs, you can post in the forums about your blogs, but DO NOT e-mail the entire league unsolicited, it is SPAM, and not "funny, ha, ha, we are all fucking around" spam, but genuine I don't give a flying fuck spam.

Last week (30th July in Australia) you sent an e-mail that was a link to your blog to the entire league and hid it as something else, a fake trade. It's uncalled for. Nobody else does that. Do you want me to spam you on a regular basis?

DO NOT use this league as a way to have your voice heard. If people want to seek out what you are saying, that's fine. But self-promotion and advertisement is uncalled for. If leaguers are interested in what you have to say on your blog, they can follow your own personal twitter account and they can read your forum posts. But don't spam the rest of us who don't give a flying fuck.

If you continue to abuse the league setup for personal benefit, I will request to have you removed.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:43 pm

I agree. That was a mistake. I should not have emailed the group.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Thing is Jeff, the way you go about things is SO TACTLESS sometimes!

If you want people to go to your blog, all you would have to do is have an signature with the link on the end of every league e-mail that you send. So easy, and non-offensive.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 pm

I dont care about the blog. It will be dead by the end of september. Its only for a class.

Part of the assignment was to drive traffic in the 1st week and I didn't think it through.

I don't think linking to them from the twitter is any different than linking to http://thatsportsgamer.com/

I made this thread to get input about the twitter. And I intend to abide by most of it. Sports that arent football are going to break through. I dont see why that is an issue.

For the 20 posts I make about Ryan Mathews you cant ignore 1 about hope Solo?
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 am

I don't care about the blog either. But I care that you think it's OK to advertise it in an e-mail.

League-wide banter Vs. Personal Advancement/advertisement.

You fail to see a fairly clear and obvious boundary Jeff.

How is it that 31 people in the league know how to use the e-mail/twitter within reasonable boundaries and you don't?

This league is not yours. Nor is Anomaleaguers, nor is the twitter account. You just don't GET IT. You lack an understanding of 'community', both the word and the sense. There is no ownership within community.

Last edited by radioheadhead on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word change)
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:08 am

Did you skip over the 2 other posts where I agreed I shouldn't have done that?

Usually when people concede you don't continue to hammer a point.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:13 am

The e-mail about the blog was not the first/last time that you crossed the boundary between what should and shouldn't be in the 4th String League stuff.

You still fail to recognise that. It is an ongoing issue with you Jeff, and the blog post e-mail was not an anomaly. The anomaly was you actually apologizing for it.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:48 am

The point will be hammered forever since you used the email group after all the times you've emailed to email threads "forums." That's what made the situation hilarious.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 am

Jeff - my personal opinion here - and I'm going to be blunt and if that comes off as me sounding like a fuckhead then I'm sorry.

The Twitter account for the league should just be solely about the league. The personal stuff that you may discuss with third parties can (and should) be done via your normal account.

You may disagree, but think about the majority of followers of the 4thSL twitter. Why are there so many (and perhaps more than your own twitter)? Because they want to follow the league. If they want to follow you, they can do so by following RealJeffSolo.

You may *think* it's adding or people may be interested in the non-league stuff, but you're making a huge assumption. There is a high chance that assumption is incorrect. And that chance gets bigger when you post more non-league stuff.

There are plenty of us that dont have the login to 4thsl that manages to do fine without having the platform that having 90 followers has - so why cant you just use your own personal account?

I find it hard to shift from the perspective that yes, you may have created the account and yes you may admin it - and we all appreciate all you've done for the league, but the followers the account has got is for the league. They are not there for anything more - you have your other account that is available for them to follow for that.

So please see this discussion from those who follow the account, rather than from what the account has in it's content.
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 am

There are more than 40 spam bots following the 4thsl. @BeckyPatriots is not a real person.

The point being I don't care about the number of followers, you would all be making stronger arguments if that was not a part of it.

---------
Dan, what is the normal stuff?
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 am

Ok lads, I think it's sorted now, I dont do twitter, like I have the time. From here on out it's 4th String League stuff only, if it's naming Aspha Savage or Sweet BBQ as the league Defensive MVP thats it sorted.

Jeff has understood this totally now, and I doubt he's that big headed enough to be looking extra followers. As for the email, we all jumped, as we thought he had pulled off another crafty trade, he didnt, and got us hook line and sinker on that, now that was hoodwinkum in the biggest way, but he's said sorry. Case closed.

#LTL
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 am

Judge Shredd wrote:Ok lads, I think it's sorted now, I dont do twitter, like I have the time. From here on out it's 4th String League stuff only, if it's naming Aspha Savage or Sweet BBQ as the league Defensive MVP thats it sorted.

Jeff has understood this totally now, and I doubt he's that big headed enough to be looking extra followers. As for the email, we all jumped, as we thought he had pulled off another crafty trade, he didnt, and got us hook line and sinker on that, now that was hoodwinkum in the biggest way, but he's said sorry. Case closed.

#LTL

No, it's not all sorted, because Jeff is beyond help, and still doesn't get it.

Jeff, you're beyond help, and you still don't get it. Do you have to have a stupid argument for everything? "Oh, they're all spam-bots, so it doesn't matter what I post!" Great, bullshit, but great. THAT DOESN'T MATTER. No one gives a fuck about your critique of everyone's points of discussion. You're not one to talk.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2