4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12)

4 posters

Go down

Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12) Empty Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12)

Post by mikesuszek Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 pm

People, I'm shaking. Literally. This was the most intense, close game I've ever played, and I tip my hat to babyseat, the pabst blue ribbon king.

Bengals beat the Texans, 31-24, which came down to the wiire. The Texans came out swinging on defense, crushing Pat White and temporarily sidelining him. They held Cedric Benson to 40 yards on 7 carries, and had five different players record tackles for losses.

The Bengals couldn't stop Shonn Greene in this game, who ran for 149 yards on 20 carries, and 2 touchdowns.

This was an electifying game. The Texans kicked a field goal, leaving roughly 15 seconds on the clock for the Bengals in the first half, with the Texans set to get the ball back in the second. A few stops, then with 2 seconds on the clock Pat White fires it to Andre Caldwell, completely open, who scores an 80-yard TD. If the Texans had decided to wait a beat or two after third down to call their timeout before the kick, that TD wouldn't have existed.

Babyseat went up top on Suszek multiple times, which led to a 7-point lead with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. The Texans march down the field, and are close to the end zone with ten seconds left. Since they can't call red zone plays to save their lives and have no timeouts left, they hand the ball to Greene, who can't score, and the time runs out.

This was a close, incredible game. Zero turnovers, and tons of excitement. The Bengals played their hearts out, and were rocked with injuries in the game. Key stats:

Texans (blue), Bengals (orange)
Total yards: 390 / 311
Passing yards: 232 / 285
Rushing yards: 158 / 26
First Downs: 15 / 9
3rd downs: 70% / 50%
TOP: 18:05 / 13:55

CIN - Pat White: 10/15, 201 yds, 2 TDs, 149.3 QB rating
CIN - Dan Lefevour 4/4, 84 yds, 1 TD, 158.3 QB rating

HOU - Matt Schaub: 16/25, 232 yds, 1 TD, 107.4 QB rating

HOU - Bo Scaife 4 rec, 55 yds, 1 TD
HOU - Andre Johnson 3 rec, 69 yds

CIN - Roddy White 6 rec, 129 yds, 2 TDs
CIN - Jordan Shipley 4 rec, 41

Seriously, this game was ELECTRIFYING.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12) Empty Re: Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12)

Post by mikesuszek Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 am

Oops, make that 146 yards for Shonn Greene. Got greedy there!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12) Empty Re: Bengals put Texans in the Babyseat (Oh My God!) (Wk 12)

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 am

My daughter and her cousin were startled awake by screams of terror from the other room when Pat White was shown on the screen holding his wrist in the second quarter.

"How is he going to throw passes?! How is he going to field a ball that's flying down the third base line?! How the FUCK is he going to wrap a scarf around his neck, order a PBR at the local pub and smash the can on his forehead now?!?!" The exclamations and expletives slipped from my mouth like the O'Doyle family had taken it over and ran over a banana peel.

Shonn Greene is no joke, and no laughing matter. A guy who can be hit after a 2-yard gain and proceed to either fall forward or bulldoze over people for extra yards is the kind of thing you'd get in a first round pick and more. He runs like Charlie Sheen is chasing him with anal beads.

BIG UP Y'SELF, Mike Suszek! The Houston Texans of Milwaukee owner made the #1 defense in the league look amateur. A win is no longer a guaranteed thing when clashing with this team. They have a dynamic offense that is powerful and hits to hurt. No, seriously, defensive injuries for me included: Carlos Dunlap, Keith Rivers, Titus Ridder and maybe another asshole. Luckily, all but Rivers came back. Rivers is hurt for the second time this year, but this time for only 2 weeks.

"We are very proud of the performance of our starting QB, Pat White and also of our backup, Dan LeFevour, who showed great poise and went out and made plays." said Bengals owner, Babyseat. "When we couldn't get our running game going, we turned to our lowly QB's and asked them to get the job done and they did. White Power came through."

Seriously, what a great game by Suszek who really gave me a run for my money. One of the most enjoyable games I've played to date and I love that Suszek mixes up his play-calling and plays with a true football mind instead of a Madden football mind.

The Bengals will be busy prepping for their rematch with the Steelers next week, while the Texans will also be facing a fierce division rival in the Colts.

Best of luck, Suszek. You played your heart out, son.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am

A run with 10 seconds left and no TO's? I bet Andre Johnson and Matt Shaub didnt like that.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 am

RealJeffSolo wrote:A run with 10 seconds left and no TO's? I bet Andre Johnson and Matt Shaub didnt like that.

I was running low on the play clock and rushed a call, with no time to audible out. I choked big time, but it wasn't a fully thought-out call.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 am

mikesuszek wrote:
RealJeffSolo wrote:A run with 10 seconds left and no TO's? I bet Andre Johnson and Matt Shaub didnt like that.

I was running low on the play clock and rushed a call, with no time to audible out. I choked big time, but it wasn't a fully thought-out call.

Not to mention, Greene was having his way.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:53 am

omgitsbabyseat wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:

Not to mention, Greene was having his way.

Yep. I think a small part of me wished I called a draw, or at least spread my receivers out with Shonnie as an option. I could have caught him in a few spots that way. In the moment, though, I clicked too quickly (just like calling the timeout too early before my field goal at the end of the first half).
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetassWaffles Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:25 am

I pretty much had the same kind of ending with my matchup against the Packers this last week. It came down to one final red zone play at the end and my hands were shaking for like an hour or something after the game. The whole next day at work I kept thinking, "if I just would've waited 1 or 2 more seconds to throw the ball to Miller I would've won that one." My guess is that you are probably replaying that last play in your head over and over. It will go away eventually, but, even though losing close games sucks, I think it is what makes playing in this league fucking amazing. Sounds like it was a great game. Did you guys play a practice game before that game (if I was reading your email correctly)? How did that work?
SweetassWaffles
SweetassWaffles

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 am

I played against the Browns owner, Zach, prior to the game, actually. Good way for me to try a few things out, and get in the zone before my actual game, even if it was with the regular, non-league Texans. That game dropped in the 3rd qtr, 34-24 (or something like that). I returned a kickoff for a TD, and then on the ensuing kickoff, so did he. Nuts.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down