4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Card Predictions!

+2
Dascenzo
mikesuszek
6 posters

Go down

Wild Card Predictions! Empty Wild Card Predictions!

Post by mikesuszek Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:25 am

Unless we get any lines from Vegas, perhaps we use this thread to pull some predictions out of the air.

AFC:
Houston (11-5) @ Kansas City (12-4) - Houston ended the season third in time of possession, while Kansas City was fifth. The Chiefs were fourth in rushing yards, while the Texans were sixth. The Chiefs were the third best on third downs, trailed by Houston at #4. Texans' defense was the fourth "toughest" on third downs, with the Chiefs at #8. The point is, this is a battle between two well-matched teams that play tough football and have tough possessions.

Miami (11-5) @ Tennessee (11-5) - The Titans are fifth in the league in rushing defense, with 996 yards allowed on the season, while the Phins are far down the list at 1278. The Dolphins top the league with 2616 rushing yards, with the Titans at #7. What might make the difference in this game is time of possession: the Dolphins are #1 while the Titans are second-to-last. However, even one turnover can change the entire game, as the Dolphins are fourth in the league in fumbles (11), while the Titans are second in forcing fumbles (13).

NFC:
Philadelphia (9-7) @ New Orleans (12-3-1) - The Eagles come into this game #1 in passing yards with 4964, and fifth-lowest in rushing yards at 859. The Saints are 7th in passing with 4144 yards and 12th in rushing yards with 1423. The Saints also make fewer mistakes, having only 11 interceptions in the season (second in the league), while the Eagles have 24. However, I believe Drew Brees is injured, and the Eagles already battled through losing Kevin Kolb through part of the season.

Dallas (9-7) @ San Francisco (9-7) - Cowboys are fifth in rushing yards with 1857, and the Niners are 11th with 1494. Dallas is 20th in the league in passing yards at 3274, and San Francisco is 23rd with 3022. Dallas' defense has picked the ball off 37 times (#2 in the league), while the Niners have done so 25 times (12th in the league). The Cowboys have forced only three fumbles this season, and the 49ers have stripped the ball 10 times (seventh in the league).

Personally, I'm picking:
[list][*] Houston over Kansas City (I'm just throwing it out there, only because I won't pick against myself here)
[*] Miami over Tennessee (apologies to AC, who I'm totally rooting for)
[*] Eagles over Saints (only because of Brees, otherwise Keith all the way)
[*] Dallas over San Francisco (I hope Knowstradamus peers into his crystal ball to conjur up a way to beat Solly)
[*] Bombs over Baghdad
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Wild Card Predictions! Empty Re: Wild Card Predictions!

Post by Dascenzo Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 am

KC
Miami
Philly
Dallas

Thanks for stopping by the playoffs both South divisions and the NFC West.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by ZgreenZ Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:44 am

Houston's wide range of receivers will be too much for KC. If the Texans pick apart the C.J Spiller Show, they'll coast to a victory, otherwise, it's gonna be a one possession game. Texans win.

If Miami keeps the ball on the ground, they'll easily break through the Titans. Stay out of the air unless you're down by 3 scores. Titans turn the ball over at least 3 times. Dolphins win.

Philly is gonna pick off whoever is backing up Brees 5 times in a Curtis Painter-esque appearance. Jackson catches 2 touchdowns and comes down with at least 150 yards. Eagles win.

Basically comes down to the fact that the 49ers don't have the personnel to keep up with Dallas. Smith and Benn come down with 100 yards each, Jackson has at least a 4 ypc. Cowboys win.
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:10 am

mikesuszek wrote:

[b] The Cowboys have forced only three fumbles this season, and the 49ers have stripped the ball 10 times (seventh in the league).

[*] Bombs over Baghdad

Conspicuous since Starboys MLB Ray Lewis is credited with four forced fumbles by himself. I wonder how he feels about the team having even fewer?

Also I am shocked to find out I was number 2 in interceptions. I am usually filled with rage every game as I watch my secondary drop the ball on a dozen jumped routes or easy picks.

Surprised I be.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 am

Prediction

Jared Allen and Super Mario make the Dolphins pass. They fail, Ditans win.
[edit] Allens Out! So is my prediction. Dolphins win.

Texans commit to the run, ignore passing game, lose after burning too much clock.

N.O. shuts down DeSean and Maclin but Brent Celek has his way with the Saints.
Eagles win a squeaker.

Last edited by RealJeffSolo on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 am

I'm writing a JETS-TO-THE-GAME Wild Card predictions.

Houston V Chefs
CRACK! It all comes down to Bones and AJ. If Suszek is able to get 3 TD's between them, he wins. He has weapons and knows how to use them, but if they get stopped, he's BONED!
Prediction - Texans 31 Chefs 21

Ditans V Phins
Pfft. Time of possession means nothing to this hungry Ditans team. In fact, they are just as dangerous on Defense as they are on offense. The winner of the turnover count in this game wins, simple. Don't expect a repeat blowout win by the Phins again, and don't forget that the Ditans held Jamaal Charles last year.
Prediction - Ditans 30 Phins 28

Eagles V Saints
Ouch. No Brees. No win. Eagles on a roll, and should make a bit of noise these playoffs.
Prediction - Eagles 45 Saints 28

Cowboys V 49ers
Thud. Defense wins games and the Cowboys just have the talent. With all due respect to the owners and personalities of the NFC West, the talent pool of the teams in that division match those of real life. The rosters are the difference in this game, and in a big way.
Prediction - Cowboys 42 49ers 17

GO 49ERS!!!!
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:39 am

RealJeffSolo wrote:Prediction

Jared Allen and Super Mario make the Dolphins pass. They fail, Ditans win.

Texans commit to the run, ignore passing game close after burning too much clock.

NO shuts down DeSean and Maclin but Brent Celek has his way with the Saints.
Eagles win a squeaker.

I should have mentioned one of the only reasons I picked against AC: Jared Allen is out this week. Otherwise, I really do think he can stop Jamaal Charles. After all, I held Charles to under 250 yards rushing and won my game. But since then, the Dolphins have strengthened their receiving talent.

Also, my big three don't go unnoticed. If Bones had better stamina, I'd probably have a more one-sided attack. Every once in a while he tells me on the sidelines, "yo doh, I can't put the team on mah back ALL the time. Throw ta AJ!" So, I do!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:50 am

Houston
Miami
New Orleans
Dallas

For me.
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm

mikesuszek wrote:

Also, my big three don't go unnoticed. If Bones had better stamina, I'd probably have a more one-sided attack. Every once in a while he tells me on the sidelines, "yo doh, I can't put the team on mah back ALL the time. Throw ta AJ!" So, I do!

Do you call the big three: Octagon, James Westphal and Dr. Kenneth Noisewater. Ya know, the whole gang?
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down