4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scouting Reports for all 32 Teams!

+6
Katbot
gregfood
thegaradactyl
mikesuszek
omgitsbabyseat
toddzuniga
10 posters

Go down

Scouting Reports for all 32 Teams! Empty Scouting Reports for all 32 Teams!

Post by toddzuniga Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:32 am

Here you'll find easy-to-digest scouting reports for all 32 teams!

Broncos: uses a two-QB system (meaning Tebow will spell Orton). Watch out for it! Tebow can haul ass. Defensively, fear Sweet Barbecue coming off the edge. He is a terror.

toddzuniga

Back to top Go down

Scouting Reports for all 32 Teams! Empty Re: Scouting Reports for all 32 Teams!

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Bengals: Likes to play football.

Last edited by omgitsbabyseat on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realized scouting my own team was idiotic.)
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Texans: For how much the owner sucks, his team is above average. On Offense, WRs Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones are speedy, TE Bo Scaife is a surprise, and his reliance on HBs Shonn Greene and Ben Tate is almost grotesque.

On Defense, CBs like Cortland Finnegan and SS Aspha Savage are all over the field, and LBs DeMarcus Ware and Brian Cushing are great. Problem is, the owner really doesn't know how to call coverage, so these threats are pretty easily neutralized.

...I really don't know how to write a scouting report on myself. I suck, so expect a win against me.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaradactyl Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 pm

LIONS: Offensively they have a lot of young talent and speed. Calvin Johnson Jr. is obviously the go-to guy although you'll still need to keep and eye on Ray Rice and Munchie Cosh. Both are dangerous receivers, Rice is powerful and can take a lot of hits running as well. Matthew Stafford's accuracy is all over the place you'll have to wait til game time to see if an accurate Stafford shows up. Bernard Berrian and Nate Burlesson (1 week left until he gets back) are just as dangerous with a good combination of speed, route running, catching and experience.

Defensively their front seven is their strong point. With Ndamakong Suh and Cliff Avril leading the front four and MLB Deandre Levy playing all over the field. Their secondary isnt horrible by any means but there is a lot of room for improvement. Safeties Louis Delmas and Dorian Hill are playing extremely well so be careful throwing the deep ball. They do a fairly good job at hiding their defense. So be on your toes and choose plays that attack their weaknesses.

thegaradactyl

Back to top Go down

Post by gregfood Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:49 pm

This is an interesting idea, but it seems pointless for people to write their own scouting reports. Seems like the way for this to work
would be for every team to be listed, and as people play their games, they bullet-point any noteworthy takeaways from their game, like "always
runs these two plays" or "he stays in this defensive formation -- I ripped him with this play...."

gregfood

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaradactyl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:01 pm

People still can do that Greg, simply write the name of the team the scouting report is for in bold print. Just scan through the bold print for your next opponent and simply read what was written.

thegaradactyl

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 pm

thegaradactyl wrote:LIONS: Offensively they have a lot of young talent and speed. Calvin Johnson Jr. is obviously the go-to guy although you'll still need to keep and eye on Ray Rice and Munchie Cosh. Both are dangerous receivers, Rice is powerful and can take a lot of hits in the backfield as well.

Did I read this right? Laughing
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah, I'm not spilling the beans about my own team.

Bills: Mainly stays in zone coverage, so it's tough to attack him on the outside. Can be attacked up the middle and with crossing routes. Offense relies almost exclusively on the running game, even when down big. Only runs off tackle and up the middle.

Jets: Always in man coverage, so very vulnerable along the sidelines. Very conservative on offense, so press coverage and Cover 2 stops him relatively easily. Likes to either throw to LT or Dustin Keller, with the very rare deep sideline route to Santonio Holmes mixed in for good measure.

Eagles: Looks for the quick pass. If it's not there, he rolls out and either tries to buy time or runs with it. Likes to split McCoy out wide and throw to him on the sidelines. DeSean Jackson, Maclin and Celek are all big threats as well. Stopping him consistently means getting pressure and flushing him out. Can be attacked with off tackle runs.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Oh, Todd. I love your beautiful brain and your ideas for us to talk about our own teams.

Bengals: Not kidding about running with Cedric Benson, the run game is important to him. But don't sleep on his receivers, each of them are potent. And yes, the Pat White experiment is alive and well. Roddy White is sensational, but then Gresham, Ochocinco, and even Shipley and Caldwell are all capable of making huge plays. Just when you spotlight one receiver, another is wide open.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:19 am

Texans: Shonn Greene is a beast and will break tackles. Dude can catch on the outs, too. As always, keep an eye out for Andre Johnson. Bo Scaife is also a huge target, especially over the middle. Defensively, watch for pressure.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

I love this idea. It should make us all want to get better.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by uofmcamaro Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:30 am

omgitsbabyseat wrote:I love this idea. It should make us all want to get better.

Or at least less predictable. It makes you expand your playbook for sure.

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:44 am

Ravens - Air it out to Reggie Bush. Run multiple strange formations with recievers all over the place.

Defensively run all sorts of off-kilter formations with an emphasis on coverage.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by toddzuniga Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 am

Yes, the idea is to add other teams, I just used my Broncos as a joke!

toddzuniga

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Cardinals -

shite.

Next!
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:16 pm

danvitale wrote:Cardinals -

shite.

Next!

Cardinals: Mainly air it out to Larry Fitzgerald, with the occasional out pass to Beanie Wells mixed in for good measure. Double cover Fitz, and he'll start forcing it in there, which will lead to easy picks.

Seahawks: Features a slow but steady offense that grinds its way down the field with out passes to the running back, which can be tough to stop but also puts him at a disadvantage when he needs to make a comeback. John Carlson is his only reliable receiver, so it's important to keep him covered with something like the strong safety. Features a strong running defense up the middle and is adept at forcing fumbles. Vulnerable along the sidelines.

Browns: Loves it when you lay back in a zone, because he'll run around until someone is open and pick you apart. Constant pressure is the best way to keep the Browns from doing their running routine. Loves to quick strike his way down the field, so if you make use of 2 Man Under and Cover 3 and force him to grind it out, he'll get frustrated and start making mistakes. That's especially true once you get a solid lead on him. Relies heavily on Dime, so especially vulnerable to the running game. Features a strong defensive backfield and thrives on mistakes, so it's critical to have second and third reads and not force in the ball.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 pm

I think McNabb as number 1 QB in the depth chart leads to easy picks.
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 pm

danvitale wrote:I think McNabb as number 1 QB in the depth chart leads to easy picks.

DRC has been great for me Wink

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 am

McNabb is still better than Der*k Anders*n Smile
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by Huhnerficker Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:59 am

RAMS - Like to hit Avery on the pass. Will run screens but knows when to stop. Manning is hard to stop anytime. Runs the ball only when needed. Great special teams and a great strategic mind.
Huhnerficker
Huhnerficker

http://twitter.com/huhnerficker

Back to top Go down

Post by Huhnerficker Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:01 am

Next![/quote]

Seahawks: Features a slow but steady offense that grinds its way down the field with out passes to the running back, which can be tough to stop but also puts him at a disadvantage when he needs to make a comeback. John Carlson is his only reliable receiver, so it's important to keep him covered with something like the strong safety. Features a strong running defense up the middle and is adept at forcing fumbles. Vulnerable along the sidelines.
[/quote]

That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. And I am working on the sideline thing cheers
Huhnerficker
Huhnerficker

http://twitter.com/huhnerficker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Dolphins: Fond of screen passes and runs to the left ... Mostly throws to Brandon Marshall, even when he's well-covered ... Mixes blitzes with zone coverage ... Slow defense means that he struggles to defend deep throws to fast receivers ... Vulnerable to runs up the middle... Willing to roll out and run with Henne, so contain the pocket

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by uofmcamaro Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Redskins scouting report

On offense it is either 1 of 2 things. A quick dump off or a pitch to the right. Figure out how to stop this and you are golden.

Defense it is blitz all game long no matter what 100% of the game.

I will say this too...as a tip to Skins as well as anyone playing. Her blitzing so much, obviously, leave her very open to big plays.

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:21 am

uofmcamaro wrote:Redskins scouting report

On offense it is either 1 of 2 things. A quick dump off or a pitch to the right. Figure out how to stop this and you are golden.

I like this advice. Everyone please believe it. =)

I will say this too...as a tip to Skins as well as anyone playing. Her blitzing so much, obviously, leave her very open to big plays.

I'm glad to know that my four man rush felt like a 100 percent blitz. Wink

The Buccs: Tends to forget to run the ball ... Loves to spread the field with four wide receivers, will take off scrambling if the coverage is good enough ... Cribbs is the deep guy, but he likes Massaquoi too ... Fairly easy to get pressure on Freeman and company, so don't be afraid to blitz to keep him guessing ... Will run the hurry up in a tight spot and try to heave it deep, so mix up defensive calls to keep him guessing ... Plays a lot of zone and will shift the defensive line around to try and get to the ball carrier, but can be burned if you read it properly

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:25 am

uofmcamaro wrote:Redskins scouting report

For the record, I've scrimmed Kat a lot. You may be noticing the things that worked well for her. Not what she does all the time. Useful still, I'm sure.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down