4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit?

2 posters

Go down

NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit? Empty NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit?

Post by ShiftedGravity Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:46 pm

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=7585089

So Lin thinks that the greatest ball hog this side of Kobe is going to work in with a PG lead offence. I think he might be a little naive.

Has any shoot first SF ever flurished in a PG run offence. Phil Jackson had to implement a triangle offence to accomidate both MJ and Kobe. I know that Anthony isn't in either of their leagues by a long shot, but he thinks he is.
As soon as Carmelo comes back, Lin will find himself standing at the top of the key, waiting to see the rock.

I am a Celtics fan and hope to see the Knicks implode, bu like he rest the world, I can't help but cheer for this kid. I hope that Carmelo can work with him, but I see this endin in disaster, one way or the other.

Theoretically, if Lin can keep up his historically greart play, and they can't work in a system together, who do you trade? The 9 year vet who is probably in his prime. Or the promising, possibly elite PG in a PG driven league?

ShiftedGravity

Back to top Go down

NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit? Empty Re: NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit?

Post by Bad Decisions Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:09 pm

I believe more in the college style of ball than the NBA style, so I'd get rid of Melo over Lin if it came down to that. You'd be able to get more for Melo anyway. As a Bulls fan living in NYC I know I shouldn't be rooting for the Knicks, but I JUST CAN'T HELP IT!! I'VE GONE LIN-SANE!!! Buying a Lin jersey soon as I can find one.

The other thing too is that Melo is going to fight his tendencies and play into the system when he gets back for the simple reason that he HAS to. There's too much media attention on him and he's already being painted as the villain. So he's going to go out of his way the first few weeks back to not hog the ball and just iso up all game long. Plus, he has shown that he can make this kind of adjustment in the past. Wasn't it Billups that ran PG for the Nuggets the one year they made it to the Western Finals? Melo gave up the rock then and saw success. As Sir Charles would say, "he ain't no dummy." He's going to let Lin do his thing and will still get his touches, still get his shots, still be the go to man in the clutch.

Bad Decisions

Back to top Go down

NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit? Empty Re: NBA fans: Does anyone believe this bullshit?

Post by ShiftedGravity Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 am

That is probably what will happen. It will be horrifying for the other teams in the East if they can make this work.

ShiftedGravity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down