4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels

4 posters

Go down

Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels Empty Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels

Post by crunkfisted Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Did some quick math on passing stats up to week nine:

So far average passing yards are: 1533

Average TDs: 9.96

Average INTs: 13.78

I know, this doesn't come close to telling the whole story, but I'm not sure a ton of QBs could keep a TD/INT ratio up like that and keep a job.

Do these stats say anything to you? Discuss!!!

crunkfisted

Back to top Go down

Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels Empty Re: Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels

Post by RealJeffSolo Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Probably just me sucking and driving down the average.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels Empty Re: Some quick hit stats on passing so far this season - Towels

Post by Bad Decisions Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Did anyone see highlights of Alex Smith perfectly lobbing passes over Saints defenders heads and into receivers' arms who only had a step on the DBs? This says to me that Madden 12 fails at producing those pass/catch combos because the DB will make a play on it and probably snag a gazelle-like pick.

Bad Decisions

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Bad Decisions wrote:Did anyone see highlights of Alex Smith perfectly lobbing passes over Saints defenders heads and into receivers' arms who only had a step on the DBs? This says to me that Madden 12 fails at producing those pass/catch combos because the DB will make a play on it and probably snag a gazelle-like pick.

This.

I threw six picks with Rodgers against the Broncos in my last game. It's just amazing how easy it is to throw interceptions. With the WR/QB combo I have, I *should* be near the top of the list, but I'm probably near the bottom. I might even be leading the league in INTs.

*Checks*

Aaron Rodgers is #3 in the league with 20 INTs. He has 10 TDs this season. He's also one of the best QBs in the game. I don't even make terrible passing decisions, though I'll man-up to about 5-7 of those INTs. The rest are pure Maddening.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 pm

INTs are for sure frustrating, but what I really don't understand is how to throw deep.

I will get a WR to lead ahead of a DB, but when I throw it it always ends up short of his stride. This lets the DB catch up and makes for a jump ball. I never overthrow the WR, nor hit him over the shoulder. EVER.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down