4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broncos-Dolphins recap

2 posters

Go down

Broncos-Dolphins recap Empty Broncos-Dolphins recap

Post by Tebowner Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:29 pm

"We just want to be the best defense that ever gave up 54 points in a game," defensive captain Champ Bailey declared after a third straight strong effort, resulting in a 23-10 win. A 7 sack, 5 takeaway effort from the Orange Crush v. 6.3 complemented by top notch game managing from Kyle Orton pushed to Broncos to 4-2.

After the teams traded punts to open the game, the Broncos were able to put together a drive by mixing some Knowshon Moreno with some Julius Thomas then finishing with a splash of Matthew Willis as he beat a linebacker for a 40 yd TD. The first play after the ensuing kickoff was disaster for Miami. Rookie of the year contender Rahim "more, more," Moore picked off the pass from David Garrard, found an opening along the sideline and took it to the house for 6 and a 14-0 lead.

Things were looking dire for Miami, but Arian Foster was not about to let Miami go down without a fight. The Miami ground game was able to put together a drive to midfield following the pick 6, but on a 4th and 1 Miami played and safe and kicked away to Denver. Orton and Co. (TM) were unable to do anything with the rock and had to kick it right back after 3 plays and field position had swung in Miami's favor. It appeared Miami would have to give it right back facing a 4th and 4, however Miami went into the bag of tricks and converted on a fake punt with Brandon Fields throwing a lazy spiral to some special teams scrub for the first down. Foster would pound away at the Denver defense leading to Garrard finding Brian Hartline in between the Denver coverage for the TD.

Later in the first half, Denver appeared poised to retake a 2 score lead when Reggie Bush fumbled after taking a shot while attempting to return a Denver punt and Wesley Woodyard dove on the ball to give it back to the O in the redzone. But Knowshon felt compelled to give the ball back as he coughed it up on 2nd down, A.J. Hawk picked up the loose ball and started rumbling down the left sideline. Only the hustle of Brandon "a 6th rounder for me, really?" Lloyd and Julius Thomas preventing him from going the distance. This led to what I believe was the play of the game, a 3rd and goal from the DEN 4, Garrard play fakes and is brought down by Robert Ayers for his 4th sack of the first half.

"He was just out in front of me all alone, so I tackled him," the highly philosophical Ayers said about the play. The sack led to a Miami chip shot field goal and a 14-10 Denver lead at the half.

The second half was far less interesting than the first, featuring lots of punts, Arian Foster running, David Garrard throwing picks and general Denver offense ineptitude. The game was still very much in doubt, until with about 3 minutes left Orton found Eric Decker on an out to convert a 3rd and 4 to keep grinding down the clock. That plan quickly changed when Moreno burst through the line and took the ball to the house for a 63-yd TD. Garrard's comeback attempt consisted of his 4th INT, then when pinned down following a punt his offensive line committed a hold while he was in the endzone resulting in a safety and the 23-10 final score line.

Strong guesstimate final stats
Orton 13-21 130 yd 1 TD 0 INT
Moreno 13 car 85 yd 1 TD
Ayers 5 sacks
Moore 2 Int 1 TD

Garrard 4-14 70 yd 1 TD 4 INT
Foster 21 car 95 yd
Hawk 6 tckl 1 FR

Tebowner

Back to top Go down

Broncos-Dolphins recap Empty Re: Broncos-Dolphins recap

Post by RealJeffSolo Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 am

Garrard was more like 3-14 with 30 yards.

Ayers man handled my new RT Baluga for the entire 1st half. I eventually removed him from the lineup.

Excellent recap.

Gonna go hang meself
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down