4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texans get destroyed by Colts

3 posters

Go down

Texans get destroyed by Colts Empty Texans get destroyed by Colts

Post by mikesuszek Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 am

41-17. Worst game I've played this season. "Back to square one" and "fucking furious" doesn't even describe it. This is some "I want to quit" level shit right here.

Seriously, how the hell do you play defense? I thought I was calling great defense, but when Sam Bradford drops back far, somehow his receivers are magically open down the field. The pick six in the game was evened out by Yamon Figurs getting a TD on a 99 yd kick return.

Couldn't run. Couldn't pass. Couldn't cover the run. Couldn't cover the pass. I want to kill Jason Witten and Joseph Addai. One play, my defender was right with Witten down the middle of the field, between him and the ball. Witten shouldn't have, but still reached back and caught the ball. Huge WTF moment (I think it was 3rd down, fuck if I remember).

One step forward, three steps back. This week, I hate this game.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Texans get destroyed by Colts Empty Re: Texans get destroyed by Colts

Post by Chairman7 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 am

Set your infield to double play depth. That's how you play defense
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:25 am

You've got to find a way to get more pressure. Bring five or six rushers and try to shoot the gaps. If the linebackers don't get through, they'll tie up an o-line guy enough to release someone.

Doesn't matter how good your coverage is -- if they are good and they have time to throw, they will find someone who is open. You've either got to force them to throw when they don't want to, or trick them into throwing a quick pass right into zone coverage.

Figure out how to get pressure on them, and I can guarantee you won't see Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy running 30 yards down the field before passing. They'll have three guys in their face if they do.

Oh, and I don't mean "Use Engage Eight" every play. I mean find a conventional play like 2 Man Under and start figuring out how to get pressure from it with your linebackers, your safety, whatever.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down