4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Someones' gotta lose Bowl' Ravens at Jets

2 posters

Go down

'Someones' gotta lose Bowl' Ravens at Jets Empty 'Someones' gotta lose Bowl' Ravens at Jets

Post by Judge Shredd Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:40 am

With 2 rookie coaches finding it a tough baptism in the 4th String league, it was Susek Sr who prevailed for his 2nd win of the season, when the Mark 'The Scanchise' Sanchez had an ALL MADDEN game.

Both teams punted their first 2 possessions each as they struggled to get to grips with the ball in a cold New York. The Jets scored first on a pretty long pass, thinking it was a TD to Vincent Jackson, who also went ALL MADDEN with 4TD's and 163 Yards, I think the score was at the start of the 2nd, but could of been at the end of the first. The Ravens secondary got hit hard all day on long passes.

After kicking off, the Ravens started to move the ball down the field, after a blitz up the middle Schaub managed to hit a wide open Jahvid Best who took it to the house to tie the game up after the PAT. The tie was ended quickly by the Jets who once again scored on a plus 40 yard pass to Vincent Jackson. With around half of the 2nd quarter still to go, the Ravens stuck to their gameplan, only for Schaub to be picked off over the middle, Jets scored on the very next play and made it 21v7. Ravens still sticking with there plan aimed to run the clock and score before the end of the half. However the drive soon went wrong when Schaub was once again picked off, the Jets got another score to Moss or Jackson before the half was out, leaving 25 secs on the clock. Game over.

Ravens did score at the start of the 2nd half, Best again wide open took it to the house and made the Jets punt on their first possession, only to have to punt it right back, although for some reason it was a back up Kicker doing my punting and Punter doing my Kick Off's, damn Madden Mad Dog Schnizzle when you rejoin your team after playing a sub match; a poor punt gave the Jets good field position and the next play a Face Mask was called and the Jets had first down on the Ravens 38 yard line. Score to Moss or Jackson, it was a straight pass right down the middle of the field this time.

Game ended after the Ravens had stalled and were forced to punt again, Jets drove the ball and clock down in the end.

Well played Jason, I think it's fair to say you are better than your record shows. 2 key interceptions, and inability to convert on 3rd down and 3 penalties for 64 yards was key in the end for the Ravens. I'm thinking if there is such a thing as 6th String, I should be in that league.

I feel so ashamed Dr Ken......... Bush can be deadly, if only I could ever get the ball to him.
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

'Someones' gotta lose Bowl' Ravens at Jets Empty Re: 'Someones' gotta lose Bowl' Ravens at Jets

Post by undersc_re Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:00 pm

For what its worth. Bush is down to 91 speed this season (I believe he was 97 last)... which might be what makes him a tad less of a threat.
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum