4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 4-5 Progression

+2
radioheadhead
danvitale
6 posters

Go down

Season 4-5 Progression Empty Season 4-5 Progression

Post by danvitale Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 am

So who what progression are you happy with, and what progression kicked you in the nuts?

For me, Evan Allen (FB) went from 80 to 86, Andre Roberts (WR) 78 to 83, Brandon Tracy (WR) 74 to 80. McNabb stayed at 89ovr too.

Pretty happy there, but Daryl Washington (3rd yr B pot MLB) actually went from 79 to 77, and Storm Williams stayed at 89ovr (he only progressed 88 to 89 last time around). Really disappointed with those.
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Season 4-5 Progression Empty Re: Season 4-5 Progression

Post by radioheadhead Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 am

It's not ALL cakes and pies here either:

UPS

Vince Young went up +1, meh.

Welcome to the Titans new tag-team HB combo.

Zefross Rheams matters now +6 (+6 truck, +5 elusive, +5 carrying, +4 aware, +3 accel!!!)

Kenarious "Auspicious" Fluellen went up +4 (+3 carrying, +2 agility, +3 elusive)

My old man FB went up +1. I was worried he was gonna tank. Didn't lose a point, gained one actually.

Jalen Driskell is now an Elite TE - +5, 92 overall. (+5 catch, +2 CIT, +3 Route Run, +6 Run Block!)

Oh yeah, and I now have 2 amazing WRs - Bensley went up +3, Onaje +6 (including +8 catch!)

My punter went up +4!!! YAYYYYY!!!!! ...... crickets.....

A-OA went up 4. He went from great to amazing. 97 man cover, 98 jumping, 92 zone cover. Whoop whoop!

Asphace clone Keylo "Lockdown" Turner went up +5, up around the board. Oh snap!

DOWNS

Jared Allen -2 overall, losing 4 points in some key stat areas. Major fucking bummer

Mega-ouch. Chris Gamble went down -6 points. Hurts my CB's majorly. and one of my potential tardes.

#3 Receiver Brian Hartline dropped 3 points. Sadness. But he's still good.

Totally pissed that Tyson Alualu went down 2 points. I had him going up down, but he fucking flipped on me. Bastard!

radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 am

hehe - tiny text.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:20 am

Is there somewhere that actually lists progression, or are you guys doing this from memory?
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:36 am

I took a couple of screenshots of my ovrs in myleaguemanager last night. Did a comparison this morning, got excited, posted here and was late for work. Smile
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Myself and a few others made spreadsheets of our teams. I have a very, very intense and thorough spreadsheet in Google Docs with my entire team on it, and I'm updating their stats now, actually.

CBs - Sam Shields and Sherrick McManis (my CB-turned-FS) went up 4 and 5 points, respectively. Shields has 90 man coverage now, and McManis has 97 zone. Nnamdi went down 4 points, but I think it was mostly inconsequential (minus speed). He's ultimately still an elite CB at 92.

WRs - Santonio dropped 2, Anquan dropped 1, Andre stayed the same, and Lenoy "The Playboy" Tucker went up 5 to 85. The Playboy may even start for me this season, he's excellent.

DE - Will Smith stayed the same, and Igor Olshansky dropped 4 damn points!

LB - Ware happily stayed the same, while Ridder went up 2 and Hiller went up 3 to 91.

SS - Aspha Savage went from 94 to 96. Every offensive player on the field better watch out.

TE - All my TEs went up by a point or two. Yay!

HB - After 1400+ yards rushing last season, Bones only increased one stinkin' point. Such a disappointment. Ben Tate, who got basically zero action, went from 77 to 81, and Slaton went up one point to 80. Still, my 70 OVR is my starter.

FB - Most epic: Former Patriots FB Carey Johnson went from 80 to 86 points. He went from 95 to 99 in impact blocking, and 91 to 96 awareness! Huge psychological boost!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Now I fucking wish I did a Suszek Spreadsheet for me. Nuts.

But Sam Shields going up 4 points keeps on making Madden 11 so damn prophetic!!!
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by CitizenChad FB Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Good stuff all around guys. I am going to have to take one of those screenies in 12 like Dan did.

Too bad about Bones, Mike. I agree with you that progression should be tied to performance, but would that lead to a "rich getting richer" scenario a la NCAA? I could only imagine what Jerome Harrison would be rated if performance were tied closely to progression.

Something to make you say "hmm?"

CitizenChad FB

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 pm

I was going to do a spreadsheet for my team but instead just did screenshots on leaguemanger. Here are some of the progressions.

Mid-season free agent pickup Carlton Mitchell was a 67 OVR WR, now is 73 OVR. 8 points up on catching and 5 on route running are the major stat boosts.

Rookie monster receiver Michael Lincoln went up a whole point to 79 overall (c potential). He gained a point in catching and route running.

Star tight-end Antonio Gates recovered from his collarbone injury well as he remains a 97.

RT Mike Justice went up 3 points to 83 OVR.

ROLB Romel Shaafat jumped up to 77 OVR from 71. Big stat jump in tackling, now a 97 from 91.

Jacobie Barclay RG hit his A potential mark, going from 86 to 90 overall.

Rookie corner Corey Baxter went from 75 OVR to 81 OVR. Man coverage went up 7 points to 76, zone coverage up 6 to 93.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down