4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nobody's Perfect

+4
CitizenChad FB
undersc_re
Katbot
DarthObvious
8 posters

Go down

Nobody's Perfect  Empty Nobody's Perfect

Post by DarthObvious Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:35 pm

After losing all hope of making the playoffs with a crushing last second loss to the Vikings last week, the Packers only had one goal left to accomplish this season: Make sure the Bears did not leave regular season undefeated.

The Packers chose to kick and the Bears ran a long drive down the field. However, with goal to go, Jay Cutler found Packers DB Tramon Williams in the endzone, who then outran the entire Bears offense to score the game's first TD.

Tramon Williams 97 YD INT Return

After forcing the Bears to punt, the Packers methodically worked their way down the field with a combination of Ryan Grant and quick, short passes by Aaron Rodgers. The Pack found themselves in a 4th and Goal, and coach McCarthy decided to send a message to the Bears: We're here to win. The Packers offense stayed on the field and Rodgers found James Jones on a quick strike to go up 14 - 0.

The Bears weren't ready to go into hibernation quite yet, as on the next drive, Cutler found TE Olsen for a TD near the two minute warning. The Packers milked the last two minutes of the half for all it was worth, but could only come away with a FG.

The Packers maintained control of the football for most of the 3rd quarter, ending with a Rodgers to Jennings TD connection, but the Bears answered back with a drive of there own capped off by J. Dwyer pounding the ball into the endonze to come within a TD to start the 4th

The Packers had to settle for another FG, and another punishing drive by the Bears brought them within six, but they would need an onside kick to have a good chance. The onside kick went the Packers way, and Ryan Grant was unable to get the much needed first down to ensure the victory, that job came down to the big leg of Mason Crosby, who nailed a 58 Yd FG to put the Packers up by 9.

The Bears final drive was ended on another Tramon Williams INT, and Green Bay acted as though they had just won the Super Bowl, getting the victory over their bitter rivals, and ending their perfect season.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Perfect  Empty Re: Nobody's Perfect

Post by Katbot Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:38 pm

NICE

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Pobody's Nerfect?
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by CitizenChad FB Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Congrats Scott!

CitizenChad FB

Back to top Go down

Post by keeks750 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Score?

keeks750

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Congrats Scott! I'm glad that the person who ended my streak was you. The thing that concerned me was you referring to us as "bitter rivals". I feel like we are more like rivals who go on golf outings together every weekend.
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by CitizenChad FB Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah, it's difficult to imagine anyone being "bitter" rivals in a respectful league such as ours, but I know there are some out there. You just have to "Respect the Game".

CitizenChad FB

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:14 pm

I of course was referring to the historical rivalry in the eyes of the fans.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:17 am

Congrats Scott Smile

Score was 30:21 Packers.
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:45 am

CitizenChad FB wrote:Yeah, it's difficult to imagine anyone being "bitter" rivals in a respectful league such as ours, but I know there are some out there. You just have to "Respect the Game".

You haven't been around long enough to see how heated the Titans/Texans match-ups get. Some people ignore their email for those weeks for fear of being offended. It's just plain inappropriate.

Amazing work, Scott! I'm floored, and as a Packers fan, I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. This is almost as amazing as the real-life Packers beating the Bears in the last game of the season (which I was at), and then beating them again in the NFC Championship game before winning the Super Bowl.

Almost.

Dah dah, danah nah nah... GO PACK GO!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down