4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT Stunner at the Q

2 posters

Go down

OT Stunner at the Q Empty OT Stunner at the Q

Post by amoeBae Sun May 22, 2011 7:21 pm

The Chargers were coming in hot this game, not losing a game since meeting with the Chiefs last. Would the Chiefs come in to town to spoil the fun? This shootout in San Diego had more scoring than what goes on at Hotel Circle. The Chargers started off with the ball and finished their drive with a touchdown pass to Malcolm Floyd. Floyd after the game commented, "I thought that dick forgot that I was even on the team anymore. I couldn't believe the ball was coming to me." On the ensuing kickoff the Chiefs didn't waste anytime to answer back. Roscoe Parrish returned the kickoff for a 98 yard touchdown. A Ryan Matthews touchdown closed the first quarter, 14-7 Chargers.

In the second quarter the Chiefs would get a field goal as the Bolts barely stopped the Chiefs in the red zone. The Chargers would have another successful offensive drive with Matthews in the end zone again. KC scored on the next drive with CJ Spiller running one in for six. This had the score at 21-17 Chargers with just 16 seconds left before the end of the half. Penis Rivers was ready to show how fast he could get off... the ball into the end zone. These last second scoring drives before the half are becoming familiar ground for San Diego. On the first play Rivers gunned it downfield to Michael Lincoln who then broke a couple tackles for a 75 yard touchdown. This would end the half at 28-17 Chargers, KC would receive the ball.

Both teams would just have one score each in the third quarter, a Blount rushing TD for San Diego and a passing touchdown for KC. 35-24 Chargers at the end of the third. Then in the fourth both defenses decided to take a break. First a Chiefs drive ending with QB Robinson rushing into the end zone for six, 35-30 San Diego. KC successfully converted the two point attempt to put the game within a field goal, 35-32 San Diego. Rivers then passed another Lincoln touchdown for 77 yards, 42-32 Chargers. This left KC with just under 4 minutes left to make up the ten points. The Chiefs scored a touchdown pass to Moeaki with just two minutes left 42-39 Chargers. On the kickoff, Michael Lincoln decided he wanted a shot at a return, he then went on to break several tackles for a 96 yard touchdown, 49-39 Chargers with just 1:54 left.

KC would not quit, Chris Robinson would have a successful drive ending with a short pass to CJ Spiller for the touchdown, 49-46 Bolts with just 38 seconds left. KC successfully got the ball back with the onside kick. The Chiefs would end in regulation with a field goal to tie the game at 49-49. OVERTIME! Chargers won the toss and elected to receive. A failed three and out would force them to punt. KC easily drove down the field nearing Ryan Succop's range. With the game basically in the bag, the Chiefs went for a pass to keep the drive alive and get in closer range (they were going into a 12 mph wind), Chris Robinson threw an interception to Antoine Cason. This gave the Chargers one more chance to finish the game. Rivers was much more efficient on this drive and got the team into field goal range. Nate Kaeding hit the 32 yard chip shot for the win.

Chargers win 52-49 in a barn burner of a game.

Great game Nick, I basically gave up when you got that close in OT. I've been having a blast this season so far with these close games.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

OT Stunner at the Q Empty Re: OT Stunner at the Q

Post by mikesuszek Mon May 23, 2011 1:39 am

Michael Lincoln: Rookie of the Year?
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down