4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFC vs NFC

5 posters

Go down

AFC vs NFC Empty AFC vs NFC

Post by ZgreenZ Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Just thought I'd give an update to everyone, after the claims in the
offseason that the AFC was weak.

AFC EAST 20-21
AFC NORTH 28-15
AFC SOUTH 19-23
AFC WEST 21-22

Total: 88-81-0 Win % = 53%

NFC EAST 22-19
NCF NORTH 23-17
NFC SOUTH 14-26-2
NFC WEST 18-23

Total: 77-84-2 Win % = 47%
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

AFC vs NFC Empty Re: AFC vs NFC

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Thu May 19, 2011 11:11 pm

I think the argument is... NFC has stronger playoff teams than the AFC's playoff teams.
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by ZgreenZ Thu May 19, 2011 11:13 pm

PoopieDeLoopie wrote:I think the argument is... NFC has stronger playoff teams than the AFC's playoff teams.

Well, we've had a team from each conference win the Superbowl, so I don't think that's been proven at all.
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Thu May 19, 2011 11:18 pm

I disagree. The difference in the skill between the best NFC players and the rest of the NFC, is much larger than the best AFC players and the rest of the AFC.

Just personal opinion, but I would consider that there are 11 Playoff quality teams in the AFC. 3 teams in the AFC North, South and West, 2 in the AFC East. (That's giving Todd playoff credentials, and not Dr Ken. But they are interchangable)

In the NFC, 2 in each of the NFC East and NFC North, 1 in the NFC South, and West.

By playoff quality teams, I'm talking about teams that could realistically get into the Conference Finals.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Thu May 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Both conference have had an equal amount of representatives in teh Supra Owl. What are teh chanzez? bounce

[/sarcasm]

Last edited by PoopieDeLoopie on Thu May 19, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by PoopieDeLoopie Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 pm

radioheadhead wrote:I disagree. The difference in the skill between the best NFC players and the rest of the NFC, is much larger than the best AFC players and the rest of the AFC.

Just personal opinion, but I would consider that there are 11 Playoff quality teams in the AFC. 3 teams in the AFC North, South and West, 2 in the AFC East. (That's giving Todd playoff credentials, and not Dr Ken. But they are interchangable)

In the NFC, 2 in each of the NFC East and NFC North, 1 in the NFC South, and West.

By playoff quality teams, I'm talking about teams that could realistically get into the Conference Finals.

Getting to the conference finals is still competing in-conference though, so it doesn't really say much. If one conference was a pee-wee football conference with 9 teams that could compete for conference, that doesn't make the other conference worse because there's less innerconference competition...the other conference can be full of NFL teams with only 4 realistically having a chance at the conference championship. The NFL teams would still be better than the pee-wee teams.

EDIT: Not saying the AFC is on par with pee-wee football teams, just a hyperbole-ized example.
PoopieDeLoopie
PoopieDeLoopie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu May 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Look at the records. The AFC is the much tougher conference this season.

Done.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Hey Poop, what I was trying to say is this:

In the AFC Conference Championship game, there could be any 2 of 11 teams in there. In the NFC, I can only see a pot of 6 realistically having any chance. Even then 2 of those teams are long shots.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Fri May 20, 2011 6:29 am

Showcased by the Bengals getting to the AFC Conference game on the shoulders of Pat White last year.

People have said that the AFC North and NFC East are the dominant divisions. I think this season has put that to rest. AFC North is much more dominant overall even if Kat is undefeated.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum