4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLB 11: The Show Test League

Go down

MLB 11: The Show Test League Empty MLB 11: The Show Test League

Post by DarthObvious Sun May 29, 2011 9:52 pm

This will be a topic where I chronicle trying to run an MLB The Show league. Right now I'm trying a small, 6 team round robin format league, and have 2 people signed up (with one person who said they would signed up but is having trouble doing so)

A few things I've noticed about setting up a league in The Show.

-You have to set a hard deadline, meaning that the regular season of the league WILL be done, in however many days you set. It also will tell you how many games you have to play per week to meet that deadline. For the test league, we will be playing one game against each of the other teams, so 5 games in 2 weeks.

-You can decide to play one game or a 3 game series against each of your opponents.

-There seems to be a very complete system of setting up separate leagues (AL/NL, but you can rename them whatever you want) and can even decide if you then want to play inter-league games (and how many) but I didn't mess with this too much.

I can't really say more until the league actually gets going. If this goes well, my next league may be a 2 league 12-team league, with 3 game series.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

MLB 11: The Show Test League Empty Re: MLB 11: The Show Test League

Post by DarthObvious Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Here are highlights of the first completed game from the 4th String MLB Test League.

Lag is an issue we're going to have to work out to try and get more offensively minded games. It's been suggested that we turn guess pitch on, or turn the hitting difficulty all the way down to rookie.

Last edited by DarthObvious on Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Actually including the video)
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

MLB 11: The Show Test League Empty Twins @ Brewers

Post by DarthObvious Tue May 31, 2011 11:47 pm

DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Here's a nice discovery, a page that keeps track of records and stats!

http://www.theshownation.com/leagues/25665
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum