4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Grant faces long walk home

2 posters

Go down

Ryan Grant faces long walk home Empty Ryan Grant faces long walk home

Post by DarthObvious Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 pm

The Packers' defense played 4 great quarters of football, the offense played 3 1/2.

In a game that only saw one TD in the entire first half, it became clear that defense was going to win this game. Up by 10 in the 4th quarter, the Packers defense bent, but did not break, allowing a TD, but forcing the 49ers to use a lot of time to get it, seemingly putting the game in the hands of the offense. The Packers put the ball in the hands of Ryan Grant to run out the clock, and Ryan Grant put the ball on the turf, allowing the 49ers to come back out and forced the otherwise brilliant Packers defense to defend a short field, which they were unable to do, having spent all of one play on the sidelines after a long drive.

Aaron Rodgers and the offense went into panic mode, and Rodgers had a deep pass picked off deep, but the Packers defense forced a brilliant three and out to give the Pack one last chance with 2 minutes left. Unfortunately, with no time outs left (they were used in an attempts to over turn Ryan Grant fumbles), Rodgers knew he needed a home run ball or two to pull this one out, his hail mary pass was picked off near the endzone, in an interesting twist however, the ball was too close to the endzone to kneel on, forcing the 9ers to run a few runs up the middle, but the Packers defense was unable pry the ball away, the 49ers salted the clock away for the win.

After returning to the locker room following the post-game press conference, Ryan Grant found the locker room empty, and a GPS in his locker with a note attatched. "Find your own way home" He ran outside just in time to see the team bus speeding away. Ryan Grant is still expected to start next week, assuming he makes it back in time.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Ryan Grant faces long walk home Empty Re: Ryan Grant faces long walk home

Post by mikesuszek Sun May 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Ryan Grant's carrying rating: 92.

God, I love RG. Sucks, Scott. Sorry to hear about the chance fumble. Did you hold the "hold on to the ball" button? Most people in the league mash the "strip the ball" button, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Have to be honest though, two minutes left and you couldn't make something happen with Rodgers? Did you hit panic mode?
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Sun May 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Yeah, pretty much, and I was protecting the ball, but I let go because I didn't think he was going to break the tackle. I know, bad on my part. Both fumbles had the same animation played too, which is even more obnoxious.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Sun May 08, 2011 10:08 pm

My liscene plate will read: FMBLITIS
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content