4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegas Week 9 Lines

+3
amoeBae
uofmcamaro
Chairman7
7 posters

Go down

Vegas Week 9 Lines Empty Vegas Week 9 Lines

Post by Chairman7 Fri May 06, 2011 5:50 pm

I have been asked before how accurate are the lines Vegas sets. Well for for week 8 the Las Vegas 'over' was hit in 11 of 12 games played to date including hitting the Rams vs 49ers exact.

Did we learn anything? The house always wins -

Anyway enough self-praise, @4thsl is the home of self-loathing instead. To the week 9 lines!

Vikings (2-5) vs Jags (0 -eight). Vikings by 4.5. Jags actually appeared to have a good defensive performance last week and I think they will break their drought. Vegas though would have to make the vikings favourite. Also if you are wondering why I typed 8 0-Cool turns into a simely

Patriots (5-2) vs Colts (4-3). Pats by 1.5. The League Manager power-rankings concur with Greg's assessment that the wins of the Pats have been ugly ranking them 15th at the time of writing. The colts are ranked 11th.

Bears (7-0) vs Rams (4-3) Bears by 18.5 Rams continue to pass effectively but the Bears secondary is secondary to none... [crickets]

49ers (3-4) vs Packers (3-4) 49ers by 1.5. I don't know. What's the advance scouting report on the 49ers? 49ers outrank the packers by 3 places in the power-rankings That will do as a rationale.

Broncos (2-4) vs Bucs (3-4) Broncos by 1.5. I think the Broncos will crush the Bucs but I will say that the Bucs have been hitting some form of late. I just think Todd fresh from the Emerald Isle will be keen to get back in with a win.

Browns (6-1) vs Steelers (6-1). Browns 10.5. Along with Pats/Colts Game of the Week potential. The Browns covered the last weeks criticized line by 2.5 points against the Eagles & the steelers have been excellent all year.

Saints (3-2) vs Panthers (2-5) Saints by 7.5 The saints need to rebound (by how much depends on week 8 result yet to be played). The panthers built momentum this week but who can trust the panthers?

Dolphins (5-2) vs Titans (5-2) 'Phins by 3.5 Dolphins are positioned to re-claim the AFC east lead while the titans are making big claims about their defense. We'll see.

Bills (2-5) vs Jets (0-7) Bills by 4.5. Jets are going to have to get a win at some point. Fair chance this week.

Ravens (3-4) vs Chiefs (6-2) Chiefs by 9.5. Ravens losses have come against Bengals, Redskins, & Steelers (2) - tough teams. Ravens team speed can catch teams unaware the first-time through. I have high hopes of a win but an independent Vegas would favour the chiefs

Redskins (7-0) vs Eagles (2-5). Redskins by 10.5 Eagles match-up causes problems for the 'Skins but the 'Skins have caught fire. Upset, maybe.. but unlikely as Eagles might think that the playoff race is already lost

Giants (0-7) vs Cowboys (5-2). Cowboys by 20.5. Expect all the frustration brewed down in Texas to be unleashed against the giants

Chargers (4-4) vs Raiders (2-5). Chargers by 8.5. Chargers are a team that I haven't played and they seem to have the most interesting games. Richard also shares my profound dislike of Rivers but somehow I doubt that he has a Cutler man-crush like I do.

Lions (5-2) vs Seahawks (4-3) Lions by 7.5. Best low-profile game of the week. Lions put up plenty of points against Vikings will find it more difficult against Seahawks

Discuss, defend, debate -

Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Vegas Week 9 Lines Empty Re: Vegas Week 9 Lines

Post by uofmcamaro Fri May 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Why the hate? Gonna crush the Bucs?

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Chairman7 wrote:Vikings (2-5) vs Jags (0 -eight). Vikings by 4.5. Jags actually appeared to have a good defensive performance last week and I think they will break their drought. Vegas though would have to make the vikings favourite. Also if you are wondering why I typed 8 0-Cool turns into a simely

Few things.

1. I hate Rivers passionately even though I'm a Chargers fan (but more by default since they're the local team).

2. Hate Cutler too, sorry.

3. You can avoid the smiley showing by selecting in the options "Disable BBcode in this post"

Vegas Week 9 Lines Post_a_reply-20110506-152322

4. Chargers vs Raiders game time set tentatively for Sunday 9:30 PM PDT.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm

uofmcamaro wrote:Why the hate? Gonna crush the Bucs?

Prove him wrong.

Also, I've never been a big Rivers hater. But Cutler? He's a crybaby. He loses games. I'm not a fan of his.

Oh, and take your time this week, people. Texans have a bye week, and I have a ton of stuff to do for school. Most of my final papers are due this next week.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Fri May 06, 2011 7:01 pm

mikesuszek wrote:
Oh, and take your time this week, people. Texans have a bye week, and I have a ton of stuff to do for school. Most of my final papers are due this next week.

Vegas Week 9 Lines Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtQYqkQEKoW4mHKQlGFZIrMptv5F9OyN0gRG85m_dJDcXbRCJb
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Well I certainly don't seek to hate any team. I think the conventional wisdom is that when 'interested' Todd is pretty darn good player. The broncos are only favoured by 1.5. I would be interested to hear why more kudos should be given to the Bucs?

Also in relation to Cutler. I love him because he is hated so much. I love his arrogant, sullen attitude. I love that he thinks he is better than everyone else. He is the anti-thesis of what a QB should be - I think that fantastic. I don't think he has a single fan, apart from Kristin Cavallari (who I am told is also hated) and me.

Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by uofmcamaro Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Chairman7 wrote:

Well I certainly don't seek to hate any team. I think the conventional wisdom is that when 'interested' Todd is pretty darn good player. The broncos are only favoured by 1.5. I would be interested to hear why more kudos should be given to the Bucs?

Also in relation to Cutler. I love him because he is hated so much. I love his arrogant, sullen attitude. I love that he thinks he is better than everyone else. He is the anti-thesis of what a QB should be - I think that fantastic. I don't think he has a single fan, apart from Kristin Cavallari (who I am told is also hated) and me.

Oh, I'm just messin with you. I am going to say I am hated until I am favoured (see what I did there?).

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by ZgreenZ Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Browns didn't cover. Sad
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sun May 08, 2011 4:37 pm

ZgreenZ wrote:Browns didn't cover. Sad

thought they might not
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Sun May 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Madden prevented the Titans from competing in the game against the Phins.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by ZgreenZ Sun May 08, 2011 10:59 pm

radioheadhead wrote:Madden prevented the Titans from competing in the game against the Phins.

Would 10 points made that much of a difference?
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 am

totally changes the game.

I may still have lost, but it wouldn't have been an embarrassment.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down