4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite area

5 posters

Go down

Elite area Empty Elite area

Post by Judge Shredd Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 am

Having been a follower of the 4th String Madden League, and reading the topics, when a topic of interest comes up in there, seems annoying that I cant post in there. Is the 4th String Madden League that Elite now? Can the general user not add to topics? Dr Ken posting the in MISC League section about which shirts you own, I was ready to bore everyone to tears with my list only to find I cant post there. Is there any chance that interesting topics, i.e. not Trade threads or GM questions be posted somewhere else for other users to take part in? Or are we destined to be 5th String outside the the league?
As for shirts I own,

West Ham Home and Away circa 2001 Di Canio 10

Various other West Ham shirts, retro 75 one, Home and Away from around 2004

Raiders Moss #18 Away,

Jets Testerverde #16 Home,

Broncos Elway #7 Home (Navy)

Raiders Kaufman #26 Home (well trashed as wore it training in american football)

Lots of Northern Ireland Home and Away kits from the the 2000's

Lazio Away from 2001

Real Madrid Home from 2002

Barcelona Home from 2000

Perth Glory from 99/00

Lots of Rugby shirts, mainly Ireland, Wales, France, All Blacks, Super 12's (yes that old), Queensland SOO top from 2000.

Bulls Jordan #23 Home and Away, you knows the deal

Larry Johnson #2 Charlotte Hornets

If I can think of any more I will add them.
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Elite area Empty Re: Elite area

Post by kevlarAK Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:49 am

I am pretty sure you have to be IN the league to post in that section. It is looking like we may need a new owner for the Rams soon if you are on the waiting list.
kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:23 am

Yeah I know you need to be in the league, but thought in the MISC section other people could comment, I listen to the podcasts, so sort of have an idea of what is happening.
Just the thread topic was MISC, but didnt really think it was entirely league based, maybe Dr Ken only wants to know what shirts league members have rather than other forum members.
I am on the waiting list, but the Rams, didnt they blow their load on Peyton Manning and he retired? So that would be a hell of a team to try and sort out in the QB position.
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 am

Judge Shredd wrote:Yeah I know you need to be in the league, but thought in the MISC section other people could comment, I listen to the podcasts, so sort of have an idea of what is happening.
Just the thread topic was MISC, but didnt really think it was entirely league based, maybe Dr Ken only wants to know what shirts league members have rather than other forum members.
I am on the waiting list, but the Rams, didnt they blow their load on Peyton Manning and he retired? So that would be a hell of a team to try and sort out in the QB position.

I've moved some topics in the past to general forums for everyone to talk about. Some people (like Ken), have a tendency to keep flocking to the misc. league forum to post things that probably shouldn't go there.

Thing is, league forums have been locked for the sake of confusion and all. For a while, you couldn't even view them, but then I had people that were interested in reading up on the league, so I opened them up that much. If it were my choice, I wish everyone could be in the league, but it's a 32 person group. The league is so much fun, and it's fun to talk with everyone all the time, I wish everyone had that experience. But there are good reasons for the league forums to stay locked, misc. as well. It's just that the misc. ones aren't being used right all the time. I'll make a point to tell the league to use the whole boards.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Mike - have you thought about allowing normal forum users read-only access to the 4th string league section?

danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:26 pm

I think we can read a few of the league threads area, and I wasnt looking to post in those areas, just thought in the MISC section it could be used for and posted in on random topic's. Listening to the podcasts you do get learn about some of the league members, you join in saying OMGit'sBabySeat!

I wouldnt want to post in trade topic threads or elsewhere, just to let the league members know there are others out there interested in topics they do post about.
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:45 pm

danvitale wrote:Mike - have you thought about allowing normal forum users read-only access to the 4th string league section?

Yeah, that's how it's set already.

Judge Shredd wrote:I think we can read a few of the league threads area, and I wasnt looking to post in those areas, just thought in the MISC section it could be used for and posted in on random topic's. Listening to the podcasts you do get learn about some of the league members, you join in saying OMGit'sBabySeat!

I wouldnt want to post in trade topic threads or elsewhere, just to let the league members know there are others out there interested in topics they do post about.

That shouldn't be a problem, I'd think. It's just that some topics in that forum can be so league-centric that I'm not sure it would be fitting to have non-leaguer discussion.

For the record, I don't think it's elitist, it's just exclusive. And like I said, I wish everyone had this experience. I'd love for more 4th String leagues to be created!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 am

Sorry Mr Judge Shredd. Certainly not my intention to exclude.
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:55 am

Tis ok Dr Ken, I was only raising awareness of the league section, I had never known it was read only only until I thought there was a topic I could add too.
I know it's mainly for actual league discussions and wasnt looking for that to change, just thought the MISC scetion could be used for everyone.

As for Elite, twas a tip of the hat to NBA Elite, and how special that game was.....
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 am

Judge Shredd wrote:Tis ok Dr Ken, I was only raising awareness of the league section, I had never known it was read only only until I thought there was a topic I could add too.
I know it's mainly for actual league discussions and wasnt looking for that to change, just thought the MISC scetion could be used for everyone.

As for Elite, twas a tip of the hat to NBA Elite, and how special that game was.....

Legitimate point to raise. I wish I had downloaded the NBA Elite demo now

Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum