4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Rivalries

+2
Katbot
ZgreenZ
6 posters

Go down

League Rivalries Empty League Rivalries

Post by ZgreenZ Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:14 am

Okay, since this was being discussed in emails, and there was a pretty decent amount of bitching, I figured this would be a good place to move the discussion.

I'll just post the ones I know of so far, if anyone wants to post more, or some explanations, feel free, and I'll update this post with them.

Browns and Bengals:
Bengals nearly kept the Super Bowl champs out of the playoffs in Season 3, winning by one point after scoring 2 touchdowns in 1 minute. Browns may have very well done the same thing to the Bengals in Week 14 of Season 4, forcing a red zone fumble on the Bengals' potential winning drive.

Redskins and Cowboys:
After their amazing playoff run in Season 3, the Cowboys throughly embarrassed the Redskins and their new-at-the-time quarterback Curtis PaINTer. Ever since, the 'Skins have been out for revenge.

Titans and Colts / Texans:
The Titans are a team that loves to talk, no matter what their output on the field may be. This, of course leads to tense rivalries, especially within their division.

Bears and Cowboys:
The Bears are currently 3-1 versus the Cowboys, with that one loss being in the divisional round of the playoffs of Season 3. It goes without saying that when you crush such a mighty team's Super Bowl dreams, they aren't going to be too kind to you in the future.

Redskins - Eagles: The Redskins beat the Eagles to keep them out of the playoffs in Season 3, but it looks like Philly will return the favor this season. The Eagles beat the 'Skins in two tightly contested Season 4 games, the second coming down to the Redskins falling a yard short of the winning score.

Last edited by ZgreenZ on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

League Rivalries Empty Re: League Rivalries

Post by Katbot Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 am

Redskins - Eagles: The Redskins beat the Eagles to keep them out of the playoffs in Season 3, but it looks like Philly will return the favor this season. The Eagles beat the 'Skins in two tightly contested Season 4 games, the second coming down to the Redskins falling a yard short of the winning score.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I consider these to be the 4thsl's Ravens main rivals at the moment -

Titans

Texans

Bengals
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Chairman7 wrote:I consider these to be the 4thsl's Ravens main rivals at the moment -

Titans

Texans

Bengals

Curry Bowl
???? Bowl
Babyseat Bowl (as is any game vs. the Bengals).

Can't figur (get it?) out what our bowl game is.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Bengals rivalries are:

Browns, Steelers & Ravens (of course) because they're in the division and the AFC North is tough as shitty nails.

Outside of my division, probably the Lions.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:02 pm

The Titans hate everyone but the Packers, because they are just too nice.

They plan on winning 13+ games next season, including a game V the Redskins in which Kat leaves the stadium with egg ALL over her face....
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 pm

radioheadhead wrote:The Titans hate everyone but the Packers, because they are just too nice.

They plan on winning 13+ games next season, including a game V the Redskins in which Kat leaves the stadium with egg ALL over her face....

The Titans don't even realize that they don't play the Redskins next season.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by radioheadhead Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 pm

How do we know the schedules? Is it predetermined? Is it a division rotation system? I think Madden totally fucks it up, because I played ONLY the Chargers our of the AFC West this year.

Ah trusty Madden, always finding a way of f'ing up an otherwise menial task.
radioheadhead
radioheadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 pm

radioheadhead wrote:How do we know the schedules? Is it predetermined? Is it a division rotation system? I think Madden totally fucks it up, because I played ONLY the Chargers our of the AFC West this year.

Ah trusty Madden, always finding a way of f'ing up an otherwise menial task.

Every division plays one NFC division and one AFC division in addition to their regular division games. This season, the NFC East played the NFC West and the AFC East. Next season the NFC East plays the AFC North and the NFC South.

In addition, each team plays one team from the other divisions in their conference, which I'm pretty sure is based on the previous year's record. This season I played the Vikings of the NFC North (finished second last season) and the Buccaneers of the NFC South (likewise), which makes sense given that I finished second in the first season.

You can find your upcoming schedule here. http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm. Redskins - Titans don't play again until "2014" -- so not next season, or the season after, but the season after that. Chances are we won't be playing until Madden 12.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I think Chris' point is that Madden will mess that up. It's an easy formula, but he's not trusting that the game will do it correctly. So there's no way of knowing, still.

Also, doesn't the league pair up one or two teams on a consistent basis, ratings-wise? I feel like the Patriots and some other team non-division team play every single year. Can't remember who though.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katbot Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:04 pm

mikesuszek wrote:I think Chris' point is that Madden will mess that up. It's an easy formula, but he's not trusting that the game will do it correctly. So there's no way of knowing, still.

It didn't mess it up this season. I've played everyone I'm supposed to, and so has everyone else. The Titans only played the Chargers out of the AFC West because they were scheduled for the AFC North this season, just like in real life.

I'm not going to complain if my schedule gets messed up. I can live without a schedule that includes the Browns, Cowboys and Falcons. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down