4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway

3 posters

Go down

Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway Empty Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway

Post by Katbot Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:05 pm

The Redskins took the field against the Dolphins needing a win to stay on the fringe of the playoff hunt. They got what they needed thanks to a 42-24 victory that gives them a 4-0 sweep of the AFC East, but their hopes are fading anyway.

The Dolphins were hamstrung early by the loss of league leading rusher Jamaal Charles, who went out with a torn shoulder labrum in the second play from scrimmage. But while a steady diet of screen passes to Ricky Williams kept them in it for much of the game, they couldn't overcome a 4 TD, 200 yard day by Miles Austin.

"I made some fantasy owners very happy today," Austin said after the game. He now trails leading receiver Donnie Avery by 150 yards, with the Redskins and Rams scheduled to meet next week.

While Austin was dominating on offense though, the real story was the battle between Brandon Marshall and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on defense. Marshall hauled in four passes for 130 yards and a score, including a beautiful TD catch in which he beat Rodgers-Cromartie by a mere step, but it was DRC who had the last laugh. He finished with five tackles, four passes defensed and a sack, ultimately sealing the game with an interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

"I've been working out with Nealy. Some babies were definitely eaten," Rodgers-Cromartie said.

Inspiring as the Redskins' first win over an actual winning team was though, they remain on the fringe of the playoff hunt. The Lions' defeat of the Chargers means they are still a game back with three to play, and no tiebreakers in their favor.

"We'll keep playing, and let things break where they may," said Owner/GM Kat Bailey. "If we beat the Cowboys in a couple weeks and give the Eagles the division, I'll count this season as a success."

Katbot

Back to top Go down

Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway Empty Re: Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway

Post by RealJeffSolo Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I watched the raplays, I think the Brandon Marshall TD was my favorite.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway Empty Re: Week 14: Redskins Best Dolphins, Probably Won't Make Playoffs Anyway

Post by cmonks Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Losing Charles on the 4th play of game was big, but my top-rated defense could do nothing against Skins' passing game. Charles out for 2 games, and SS Yeremiah Bell out for 5. Not good. Still need two wins to wrap up division.

In other news: Harvard Crimson clinch share of Ivy League title! First time in school history!

cmonks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum