4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Season 4 Cover Athlete

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by radioheadhead on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Maybe we need to put the player with the highest rating who got injured during the season. We'll call it "The Fragile Golden Collarbone".

I nominate Jared Allen, 99 overall, who got injured (like the rest of my team) for 10 weeks.
avatar
radioheadhead

Posts : 237
Points : 286
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 32
Location : Brisbane, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm

This is turning into a grade school competition where EVERYONE gets an award so no one feels left out.

So Jared Allen can have the 13th place black ribbon, for being an annoying piece of trash with a weak collarbone.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:35 pm

mikesuszek wrote:So Jared Allen can have the 13th place black ribbon, for being an annoying piece of trash with a weak collarbone.

Hey! I'll take Jared Allen over that idiot Clay Matthews any day of the week =( #leavevikingsalumsalone

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by omgitsbabyseat on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:36 pm

mikesuszek wrote:This is turning into a grade school competition where EVERYONE gets an award so no one feels left out.

So Jared Allen can have the 13th place black ribbon, for being an annoying piece of trash with a weak collarbone.

If only his collarbone was as strong as his mullet...
avatar
omgitsbabyseat

Posts : 229
Points : 315
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:So Jared Allen can have the 13th place black ribbon, for being an annoying piece of trash with a weak collarbone.

Hey! I'll take Jared Allen over that idiot Clay Matthews any day of the week =( #leavevikingsalumsalone

No, you really, really wouldn't. Because Matthews can be all over the field and make plays. Allen's good, but you'd definitely want the young talent in Matthews.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:10 pm

mikesuszek wrote:
Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:So Jared Allen can have the 13th place black ribbon, for being an annoying piece of trash with a weak collarbone.

Hey! I'll take Jared Allen over that idiot Clay Matthews any day of the week =( #leavevikingsalumsalone

No, you really, really wouldn't. Because Matthews can be all over the field and make plays. Allen's good, but you'd definitely want the young talent in Matthews.

Yeah, that's why the Steelers were running Mendenhall right at him the whole game. He's so concerned with pass rushing that he gets burned routinely on running plays. Matthews is lucky he got that fluke fumble...


Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:
Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:So Jared Allen can have the 13th place black ribbon, for being an annoying piece of trash with a weak collarbone.

Hey! I'll take Jared Allen over that idiot Clay Matthews any day of the week =( #leavevikingsalumsalone

No, you really, really wouldn't. Because Matthews can be all over the field and make plays. Allen's good, but you'd definitely want the young talent in Matthews.

Yeah, that's why the Steelers were running Mendenhall right at him the whole game. He's so concerned with pass rushing that he gets burned routinely on running plays. Matthews is lucky he got that fluke fumble...


Aww, cute. You're funny when you're wrong and desperate.

Packers won the Super Bowl thanks in no small part to Matthews, who very well should have been defensive player of the year (and was voted that by many outlets other than the AP). Jared Allen did what? Where were the Vikings?

A sack on Aaron Rodgers isn't impressive. Because the Packers have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Scrambling to find a clip of this to prove your favorite mulleted douchebag's worth is kind of pathetic. But hey, DE and OLB are two entirely different positions, and both teams run a very different scheme, so the fact that they don't truly compare is at least swinging your way.

Still, I'd take Matthews any day of the week. Need me to cull up some Youtube videos to "prove" that?

ALSO: Read up on that fumble. The playcall wasn't a fluke. The fumble wasn't entirely done on purpose, but they stopped playing it safe and turned him loose. Check your facts, he doesn't get burned on routine plays, this was a situation where two Super Bowl-caliber teams were trying to outsmart one another. Football is a chess match. Clearly one that the Vikings and Jared Allen had no part of this season.

I know you're bitter. You can have your opinions. I'll keep my facts.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:46 pm

mikesuszek wrote:Aww, cute. You're funny when you're wrong and desperate.

Oh really?

"Watch the power! Watch the power!" Matthews says.

At the snap, Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu pulls toward Matthews and flattens him. Running back Rashard Mendenhall scoots by on his way to a 19-yard run.

Yeah, Allen "only" had 11 sacks in 2010 (and a pick six, crazily enough). If that's a down year from him, I'll take it.

The fact that he apparently gets under the skin of Packers fans so much makes me like him even more.

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by omgitsbabyseat on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Jared Allen likes Creed and wears Affliction shirts.

I can't get behind that.
avatar
omgitsbabyseat

Posts : 229
Points : 315
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:Aww, cute. You're funny when you're wrong and desperate.

Oh really?

"Watch the power! Watch the power!" Matthews says.

At the snap, Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu pulls toward Matthews and flattens him. Running back Rashard Mendenhall scoots by on his way to a 19-yard run.

Yeah, Allen "only" had 11 sacks in 2010 (and a pick six, crazily enough). If that's a down year from him, I'll take it.

The fact that he apparently gets under the skin of Packers fans so much makes me like him even more.

Haha, okay.

Douches like Allen get under my skin only as much as desperate Vikings fans do.

Matthews is young. He's not perfect, but he's fucking incredible. Allen's good, but I'd still take Matthews over Allen. 11 sacks? Nice, good for him. I'd expect it from a DE. Matthews, however, makes plays everywhere, because he's an OLB. Again, it's really not comparable.

I get it, though. You need something because your team was awful this season and was embarrassing to watch. And then the team you hate so much (because their fans can't stand your fans and vice versa) EARNED every ounce of their Super Bowl victory. Because they're amazing. Thanks to guys like Aaron Rodgers and yes, Clay Matthews.

Okay, it's over, back to the topic at hand, Season 4 cover athletes. And thanks to you, I withdraw any votes for Miles Austin. Very Happy

#LTL

omgitsbabyseat wrote:
Jared Allen likes Creed and wears Affliction shirts.

I can't get behind that.

And there's the dagger for this argument.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:05 pm

mikesuszek wrote:I get it, though. You need something because your team was awful this season and was embarrassing to watch. And then the team you hate so much (because their fans can't stand your fans and vice versa) EARNED every ounce of their Super Bowl victory. Because they're amazing. Thanks to guys like Aaron Rodgers and yes, Clay Matthews

Fine, be a dick. I don't know where all the heat and insults came from, but I guess that's what I get for having the nerve to defend the heart and soul of the Vikings defense.

And the Miles Austin thing? Eff you too.

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:I get it, though. You need something because your team was awful this season and was embarrassing to watch. And then the team you hate so much (because their fans can't stand your fans and vice versa) EARNED every ounce of their Super Bowl victory. Because they're amazing. Thanks to guys like Aaron Rodgers and yes, Clay Matthews

Fine, be a dick. I don't know where the insults came from, but so much for Mr. Nice Guy Packers Fan I guess.

Eff you too.

I still am. Until your shit started pouring out. Where did Ms. Desperately Bitter Vikings Fan come from?

Bite, I'll bite back. I've never liked Jared Allen, and was speaking my mind when I said I'd pick Clay Matthews over him.

And as for the Miles Austin thing (saw your edit)? I'm withdrawing my vote to spite you. And then added a cute Babyseat-inspired smiley to boot. Because this cover athlete thing is a joke to be taken lightly.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:13 pm

mikesuszek wrote:I still am. Until your shit started pouring out. Where did Ms. Desperately Bitter Vikings Fan come from?

Bite, I'll bite back. I've never liked Jared Allen, and was speaking my mind when I said I'd pick Clay Matthews over him.

You were the one who started the biting by sniping at Jared Allen. And I backed up my argument with actual evidence and stats, whereas the best you could manage was that "Matthews, however, makes plays everywhere, because he's an OLB" and that the Vikings were "pathetic and embarrassing."

I called Matthews overrated (which he is) and cited evidence, and all I get back is, 1) Jared Allen is a douche and 2) I'm a desperate Vikings fan who is clearly out to get you. Oh, and that you're not voting for Miles Austin now.

Classy.

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by omgitsbabyseat on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Don't make me dig up the "Arguing on the internet is like..." meem, you two.

I will pull over and spank you both.
avatar
omgitsbabyseat

Posts : 229
Points : 315
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm

omgitsbabyseat wrote:Don't make me dig up the "Arguing on the internet is like..." meem, you two.

I will pull over and spank you both.

I'm sorry, no. I can't believe I'm seeing things like "scrambling to find a clip of this to prove your favorite mulleted douchebag's worth is kind of pathetic" from you, Mike. I thought we were supposed to be respectful here.

If I hit a nerve by calling Clay Matthews an idiot and pointing out how he was getting demolished by the Steelers run game during the Super Bowl, then I'm sorry. But some of your comments back there really cross the line.

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by undersc_re on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm

omgitsbabyseat wrote:Don't make me dig up the "Arguing on the internet is like..." meem, you two.

I will pull over and spank you both.

I will turn this car around! and we will listen to Creed the whole way home!
avatar
undersc_re

Posts : 81
Points : 101
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 34
Location : Washington

View user profile http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Katbot wrote:
omgitsbabyseat wrote:Don't make me dig up the "Arguing on the internet is like..." meem, you two.

I will pull over and spank you both.

I'm sorry, no. I can't believe I'm seeing things like "scrambling to find a clip of this to prove your favorite mulleted douchebag's worth is kind of pathetic" from you, Mike. I thought we were supposed to be respectful here.

If I hit a nerve by calling Clay Matthews an idiot and pointing out how he was getting demolished by the Steelers run game during the Super Bowl, then I'm sorry. But some of your comments back there really cross the line.

Eh, hardly. But if you say so, then sure, I reeeaally crossed the line. The line where I'm calling out your bitterness that you display every so often.

But this is even better:

Katbot wrote:
Fine, be a dick. I don't know where all the heat and insults came from, but I guess that's what I get for having the nerve to defend the heart and soul of the Vikings defense.

And the Miles Austin thing? Eff you too.

I like that you edited your post a lot. Because essentially I did the same thing you did. So you know what? It's a wash. You're arguing and passionate about your player, I'm arguing and passionate about my player, and being fans of rival teams and friends will bring up this kind of shit occasionally.

You can go ahead and hate on Matthews, but don't think I'm not going to expect it from you. Just expect that I think Jared Allen is a tool, and that I'll "defend my player" the way you're defending yours.

I just didn't start drudging up YouTube clips, I thought the whole "Super Bowl" argument was good enough. But I apologize to you and to the league for my share in making this erupt.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:41 pm

mikesuszek wrote:I just didn't start drudging up YouTube clips, I thought the whole "Super Bowl" argument was good enough. But I apologize to you and to the league for my share in making this erupt.

You really misinterpreted that Youtube clip. It was meant as an exclamation mark, not as "proof."

And you obviously don't see why I'm so pissed at you right now, so I'm not accepting your half-hearted apology. Sorry.

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:I still am. Until your shit started pouring out. Where did Ms. Desperately Bitter Vikings Fan come from?

Bite, I'll bite back. I've never liked Jared Allen, and was speaking my mind when I said I'd pick Clay Matthews over him.

You were the one who started the biting by sniping at Jared Allen. And I backed up my argument with actual evidence and stats, whereas the best you could manage was that "Matthews, however, makes plays everywhere, because he's an OLB" and that the Vikings were "pathetic and embarrassing."

I called Matthews overrated (which he is) and cited evidence, and all I get back is, 1) Jared Allen is a douche and 2) I'm a desperate Vikings fan who is clearly out to get you. Oh, and that you're not voting for Miles Austin now.

Classy.

Oh wait, NOW I see this?

Matthews isn't overrated. Well, that's a fact! But I don't feel the need to DEFEND HIM, he doesn't need my help. I've just been defending my opinion. I think Allen's a douche. I like Matthews, and think (and you know, his damn stats show) that he's incredible.

It sounds like you're expecting some kind of intelligent debate here. No, not from me. I'm not in the mood. I'm sure Jared Allen's a damn fine player, but I don't care for him, and I'd pick Matthews over him. And that's been a really big problem for you.

And the Miles Austin thing seems to really get under your skin. Which is why I said it. To spite you. Because you're poking a bear that's clearly trolling you. And the cover athlete thing is for fun.

Already said it, but again, apologies to Kat and the league for this out-of-hand thread. I'm laughing over here though, this whole "situation" is amusing!

Oh, another post as I'm posting this:

Katbot wrote:And you obviously don't see why I'm so pissed at you right now, so I'm not accepting your half-hearted apology. Sorry.

Heh, okay then. Maybe you're right? I don't know. You are right that this apology is half-hearted and out of obligation. I just don't see why (even when I'm kind of doing it re: Matthews) anyone needs to come to a player's defense. Cause, you know, I'm really ruining his image here. And it's really important you rectify this issue.

But when I bring up the "Vikings sucked this year" bit, man, that brought some heat. But the fact that you're "so pissed" says it all for me. Apparently a slight against Jared Allen is a slight against you. Think about that.

I still like and respect you, Kat. No hard feelings, I just haaaate Jared Allen. If that means you hate me, I get it (sort of).

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:01 am

mikesuszek wrote:I still like and respect you, Kat. No hard feelings, I just haaaate Jared Allen. If that means you hate me, I get it (sort of).

No, it wasn't that a "slight against Jared Allen was a slight against me." I don't care if you don't like Jared Allen or the Vikings. I do care that your response to an argument was to basically be as insulting as possible. It wasn't cool =/ I know that guys are all like "lol, I'm trolling you, you shouldn't take me calling you pathetic and desperate so seriously," but... yeah. I guess that's what I get for associating with dudes so much Razz

There's only one way to settle this: Pokemon Battle Madden scrimmage!

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by mikesuszek on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:25 am

Katbot wrote:
mikesuszek wrote:I still like and respect you, Kat. No hard feelings, I just haaaate Jared Allen. If that means you hate me, I get it (sort of).

No, it wasn't that a "slight against Jared Allen was a slight against me." I don't care if you don't like Jared Allen or the Vikings. I do care that your response to an argument was to basically be as insulting as possible. It wasn't cool =/ I know that guys are all like "lol, I'm trolling you, you shouldn't take me calling you pathetic and desperate so seriously," but... yeah. I guess that's what I get for associating with dudes so much Razz

There's only one way to settle this: Pokemon Battle Madden scrimmage!

Look Kat, you clearly wanted to debate, and I wanted to be the asshole/quick-to-judge version of myself. When I'm not kicking back or writhing in pain thanks to my throbbing wisdom teeth (no, seriously, I have some awful teeth issues), I'll join you in that debate.

But you can still take it seriously, I wasn't being nice! After all, you just pulled the "let's generalize about guys" card, so we're totally even now.

Oh, and I'll gladly say I was just rocking Pokemon White. My girlfriend had an epiphany when she crossed the bridge into Castelia City, she loved the dynamic cameras and the setup for that. It's a really, really great game. I'd take you on in it, but you're probably much, much further than I am. Madden scrimmage is always in the cards, now that I can beat you!

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Katbot on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:17 am

I'd take you on in it, but you're probably much, much further than I am. Madden scrimmage is always in the cards, now that I can beat you!

An actual Pokemon battle wouldn't be fair =) I've got an entire box full of level 100 monsters that I've been training since Diamond/Pearl. If you're game for Pokemon Online though, I'm happy to teach you a few tricks.

And if we scrim, it'll have to be Vikings/Packers. No, I don't care that the Packers are 20 points OVR higher than the Vikes. o_O Watch me crush you with Brett Favre.

Katbot

Posts : 174
Points : 213
Join date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by RealJeffSolo on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 pm

New rules: every team nominates 1 player and then we head to head tourney poll just like they are doing for madden 12.

Email me you teams nominations. And I will make a forum post with the bracket.
avatar
RealJeffSolo

Posts : 220
Points : 321
Join date : 2011-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by toddzuniga on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:51 pm

KC "Sweet Barbecue" Williams, 9 Sacks, 34 Tackles, 1 FF.

toddzuniga

Posts : 41
Points : 53
Join date : 2011-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by radioheadhead on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Chris Johnson:
277 rushing attempts, 2073 rushing yards, 22 rushing TD's.

48 receptions, 598 yards, 6 receiving TD's.

The complete package....
avatar
radioheadhead

Posts : 237
Points : 286
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 32
Location : Brisbane, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Cover Athlete

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum