4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forgotten Sports Games

5 posters

Go down

The Forgotten Sports Games Empty The Forgotten Sports Games

Post by DarthObvious Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:59 am

What sports games from the past do you have fond memories of that have been virtually forgotten?

For me, the first game/series that comes to mind is NFL Gameday, on the original Playstation. If I remember correctly, Gameday 98 was the first true 3D football video game, and pretty damn good at the time. Although I didn't know much about football at the time, I always felt that Gameday, even for a few years after Madden caught up with graphics, a better game. As we all know, Madden would break away with the move to PS2.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

The Forgotten Sports Games Empty Re: The Forgotten Sports Games

Post by amoeBae Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Baseball Stars on NES. I don't play many baseball games but this one is a gem in my heart. I don't know why but I really enjoyed brett hull hockey on snes maybe because it was the mode 7 effects to make it a bit different from EA's NHL. NFL Blitz on 64 was fun playing with my buddies when I was in highschool.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Sensible Soccer. aka gaming crack.

danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futhamucka Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:35 pm

danvitale wrote:Sensible Soccer. aka gaming crack.

I love Sensi-soccer, but I'm TERRIBLE at it. I have a version of it running on dosbox and I have yet to win a game. Even Brazil vs. Wales I end up with a goaless draw. I was never any good at it back in the day either Sad I blame the joystick/keyboard/gamepad.
futhamucka
futhamucka

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Super Spike Volleyball on the NES, apart from Ivan "Ironman" Stewarts Off Road, this game was the only other one worth having a Multi Tap for.

Blades of Steel on the NES, Konami's awesome ice hockey game, with added fighting!

Nintendo World Cup on the NES : Ninty's own World Cup copy, featuring six a side soccer with super unstoppable kicks, scores of 35v0 were never far away.

I cant really remember which year it was, but for a time, I enjoyed NFL Quarterback Club on the SNES.

World League Soccer on the Saturn, the Saturn never got Konami's Pro Evo series, but this was a gem of a game at the time.

NFL 2K1, think this was my favourite America Football game on the Dreamcast

NFL Blitz was very close though on it, fabulous game vs mates in the same room, we had such great matches in this crazy game, resulting in me winning against a friend of mine who had to retire his Tom Landry hat after he lost to me.

Neo Geo World Cup and Turf Masters.

People dont sleep on Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf, it's been around years and while it may look cartoony, it plays a mean game of golf.

NBA Jam / NBA Jam Tournament Edition : What ya mean it doesnt have Jordan, so feck, he was in Jordan vs Bird, and it wasnt a patch on this super BB game, PIPPEN! You know the call, FOR THREE! EA will never get the same play style exact or as close, FROM DOWNTOWN!
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Just remembered a great one. Super Dodgeball for NES!

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down