4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BALLS, Bolts need subs.

4 posters

Go down

BALLS, Bolts need subs. Empty BALLS, Bolts need subs.

Post by amoeBae Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Well fuck, somehow my xbox live account was hacked. I have no clue as I don't login my account info (live and windows live id attached to it) to anything but the 360 itself and for leaguemanager. Anyhow point is, it looks like the Chargers are done for as far as their chance to win the AFC West. Microsoft says it'll take about 11 days for the investigation to complete, during that time my account is locked. I've already contacted the Houston Starboys that I will need a sub. Chefs, I might need a sub for our match too, but I'll let you know for sure when the time comes. Hopefully things clear up sooner than not...

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

BALLS, Bolts need subs. Empty Re: BALLS, Bolts need subs.

Post by danvitale Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:46 pm

I'll be around if you want me to sub in. You've subbed for so many of us - we need to return the favour Smile
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Why don't you just create a temp account.. I believe they give you 48hours of free gold with it...

Anybody? Anybody?
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

b1ooper wrote:Why don't you just create a temp account.. I believe they give you 48hours of free gold with it...

Anybody? Anybody?

Yeah Jeff suggested that. I'm going to give it a shot tonight, I got plenty of those trial cards in my games. Only thing I'm wondering is the online code/activation thing madden might need. But hopefully there's a free trial I can do that too, then no subs needed!

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am

amoeBae wrote:
b1ooper wrote:Why don't you just create a temp account.. I believe they give you 48hours of free gold with it...

Anybody? Anybody?

Yeah Jeff suggested that. I'm going to give it a shot tonight, I got plenty of those trial cards in my games. Only thing I'm wondering is the online code/activation thing madden might need. But hopefully there's a free trial I can do that too, then no subs needed!

I think it is attached to your system for the Online pass
undersc_re
undersc_re

http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Okay no longer needing subs. Going to use the 48 hour live trials and madden 11 provides a 7 day trial for online. So all I ask are for my opponents to schedule our match with a solid day and date since I'll have a 48 hour window. Sorry for the troubles everyone.

Chargers are back in it to choke it! Wait... Yah never mind aft west, where 6-10 could win the division!

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 pm

amoeBae wrote:
Chargers are back in it to choke it! Wait... Yah never mind aft west, where 6-10 could win the division!

The boats division.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Haha whoops autocorrect win.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

FUUUUUUUUCK. So it's been about two weeks, I was told 11 days for investigation. Now I'm told that investigations take 21 days. Are there that many bumfucks like me getting their console hacked? Bottom line I hate me, but at least I have madden 12 to play now... offline.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Just wanted to update my experience. So after about 4 weeks they restored my account, space bux back to what they were and refunded my credit card after about 6 weeks total from the first call to Microsoft. They sent me a three month live subscription code for compensation. It would of been nice of they sent the initial one month code a day or two after locking my account instead of a day before resolving my account. Would have avoided the headache of using up trials to get my games in.

Anyhow lesson learned here I still have no clue how my account was hacked since I only use the login on the xbox and xbox.com and that's it. perhaps a portion of their database from back earlier in the year is being used now and so I'd encourage everyone to switch their password up. I saw a lot of people on twitter citing the similar thing happening to them. Account hacked, charged two times for points for about $125 total. The next step if the person was slow to act is the hacker changes the password and then restore the account to his xbox. I was lucky enough to see the emails about the points purchases in the morning so I went and changed my live password immediately.

Side note tip for security. Make your answer to secret questions for password recovery nonsense. For instance if your question is your pets name. Don't use the actual pet name and use something like "DTD35" or some nonsense you'll remember so that even social engineering won't get you.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Wonderful... so first off FUCK Microsoft. I thought my account was good to go, but apparently there was a fuck up on clearing not just my XBL account but the idiotic Windows Live ID account that I only use for my XBL since whatever r-word world MS lives in I need both.

Last night I updated to the new dashboard, I get the message to re-sign with Windows Live ID. That's where the fun begins. It says I'm unable to login, I go to the xbox.com site to look for issues, figuring it's just a server load problem and discover I can't login there and I get a windows live id error page stating that my account is temporary blocked and to contact customer support. Conveniently there is no number/email/message in a bottle to contact CS to on that page or links leading to one.

I call Xbox support first to see what the dealio is and am directed to call microsoft support since its a windows live id issue. I call them, they tell me this is an issue only can be resolved via email, so fine, I wait for email. I receive email stating they "reviewed" my account and it was closed due to TOS violations that they are unable to disclose.

I contact back Xbox support to see what might of been missed during the previous investigation in August and to make sure my account was okay still. The CS there, which up to this point I must say Xbox support staff have been so much more helpful and awesome compared to anything else microsoft, patiently looks over all my accounts and looks into the two claim numbers I now have and says everything is good on XBL end and that its definitely an issue with the windows live id team. He tells me that hopefully it should turnover if they reinvestigate with the claim numbers.

So right now I just needed to vent as I await to hear back from the windows live id email team about my account. The big kicker here, I asked the XBL support guy what if, worst case scenario, they don't reopen my windows live id account is there a way to re-associate my XBL account to a new windows live id? He tells me the only way is to do that on the console. Which would be impossible since I can not sign in to my profile to do so. I can't even sign in to my profile offline, right now my XBL account is unaccessible to me online or offline even though it's in good standing because it has to be associated with a fucking piece of garbage windows live id which I only have for the XBL account. So much fun. Apologies for anyone that actually read this all, I just needed to vent right now as this is such a fuck up job that's hurting my brain how two services must be associated yet the way it's supported are they're completely separate. Math is hard... FUCK YOU GUMBY. I'll have an update hopefully later with good news. Also point of this all, for the time being I can't play in any league games until this issue is resolved. I'm not in the mood to run 48 hour trial accounts like I did before as that got to be annoying as fuck too.

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by amoeBae Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Well that was a nice quicker than expected resolution... couple hours later I received this email from the hotmail staff:

Hello ,

Thank you for writing to Windows Live Hotmail Customer Service.

At Microsoft, we make it a point to investigate every complaint that is submitted to us. In investigating your Hotmail, it seems that it was unintentionally closed by our systems. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We are pleased to inform you that we have already reopened your Hotmail.

Thank you for contacting Windows Live Hotmail Customer Service.

Such a bullshit message when they didn't look at the issue the first time. Still pissed but at least I can access my account!

amoeBae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum