4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

ESPY's Suck

Go down

ESPY's Suck

Post by RealJeffSolo on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Continue...
avatar
RealJeffSolo

Posts : 220
Points : 321
Join date : 2011-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by mikesuszek on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Not even close to sucking as much as the VGAs. I find them entertaining, and actually think they honor athletes pretty well. Unlike the fucking VGAs, which is a disgrace to video games.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by Huhnerficker on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Unlike Thomas I love the ESPY awards and will watch them when we are done. Or tonight while I play NCAA Smile
avatar
Huhnerficker

Posts : 201
Points : 329
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 40
Location : Spokane WA

View user profile http://twitter.com/huhnerficker

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 pm

The ESPY awards are pointless. Last time I checked when Athletes and Teams win don't they already get trophies? Who the hell cares that Aaron Rogers receives the Best QB to stand in Brett Favre's Shadow Award or if AJ Hawk wins the Best Cro Magnon Man Look Alike Award? I'm with Solomon ESPYS SUCK!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by mikesuszek on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Knowstradamus wrote:Who the hell cares that Aaron Rogers receives the Best QB to stand in Brett Favre's Shadow Award or if AJ Hawk wins the Best Cro Magnon Man Look Alike Award? I'm with Solomon ESPYS SUCK!!

I like that in one sentence you basically said "I don't know anything about the Packers."

I mean, that's all I needed to read, right? But I guess being in Wisconsin and actually following the team more faithfully than the rest of the world doesn't mean that my opinion might be a little closer to the truth (IE: Rodgers is far outside Favre's shadow), but it must mean I'm biased.

Ugggh. Sports fans rule. Sports fans are idiots. Both are true! #LTL

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Hmm.... Seems to me that every time Mr Rogers' name is brought up so is Mr. Favre's. I have probably forgot more about NFL football then you will ever know, but that is a whole other subject. Rogers will continue to be compared to Favre for the rest of his career, so yes I would say you are biased.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by DarthObvious on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 pm

I disagree, I remember either on here or with my friends we were wondering how much Brett Favre was going to get mentioned during the Super Bowl, and it wasn't nearly as much as we thought (if at all)

Aaron Rodgers won the Super Bowl as the Packers starter one year faster than Brett did, and Brett was never Super Bowl MVP. I can't back this up at this exact moment, but I think Rodgers is also on pace to out do some of Brett's records, assuming he keeps playing at this level for as long as Brett did.

Sadly, there will still be people that will compare Favre to Rodgers, and that is not fair to Rodgers at all. You have to admit, he's doing a great job of making Green Bay forget about him.
avatar
DarthObvious

Posts : 134
Points : 204
Join date : 2011-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by mikesuszek on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Knowstradamus wrote:Hmm.... Seems to me that every time Mr Rogers' name is brought up so is Mr. Favre's.

RODGERS. WITH A D.

Knowstradamus wrote:I have probably forgot more about NFL football then you will ever know, but that is a whole other subject.

Haha! Okay, Mr. Expert. I guess I know nothing about football, then. I'll go ahead and do this for you:

/trolling

Knowstradamus wrote:Rogers will continue to be compared to Favre for the rest of his career, so yes I would say you are biased.

That's 100% irrelevant. I have probably forgot more than YOU will ever know about how analysts and how the media works: it's an easy-to-use topic that the media loves to grind into the dirt. Just because so-called experts and analysts will continue to discuss it (let's face it, that's part of history now), doesn't mean that Rodgers is "in Favre's shadow." Favre is a living legend, and Rodgers has the makings of being one. See below:

DarthObvious wrote:Aaron Rodgers won the Super Bowl as the Packers starter one year faster than Brett did, and Brett was never Super Bowl MVP. I can't back this up at this exact moment, but I think Rodgers is also on pace to out do some of Brett's records, assuming he keeps playing at this level for as long as Brett did.

That's not even the beginning of how great Rodgers is as both a player and a person. If you follow him closely (like someone that lives and breathes Packers coverage, both good and bad, and lives in Wisconsin), then you'd know that he handled all the Favre business the best way possible. He's classy, mature, yet retains the fun, wild side of Favre.

Then you look at his stats, he's incredible! So:

DarthObvious wrote:Sadly, there will still be people that will compare Favre to Rodgers, and that is not fair to Rodgers at all. You have to admit, he's doing a great job of making Green Bay forget about him.

And that's a damn fact. Go to a Packers game, and the amount of #4 jerseys has gone down A TON. The amount of #12 jerseys and support for Rodgers has risen to a point that it far exceeds "Favre's shadow," which is now a mythical place that only exists in the minds of those that seem to live outside of Wisconsin/aren't Packers fans.

You call it bias, I call it truth (because it is truth). And yes, part of the reason I want to see the ESPYs (back on topic) is because I want to see if they honor Rodgers and the Packers in a good way. Because they fucking deserve it for more reasons than I care to discuss right now.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:15 pm

ESPYS Suck! Packers Suck! Rogers Sucks! and most of all Mike YOU SUCK! Honestly I could give 2 shits about what you think. I agree Aaron Rogers is doing GREAT as the QB for the Pack and as far as you lil media quote, meh. I think its funny that as soon as some one dishes you a lil shit about your Pack you get your panties in a bunch and cry like a girl. Think this will make you think twice about what you say in emails. Hmm... I doubt it. Just remember kid, try and keep your comments to what you would say in person and not nerd rage over the internet.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by mikesuszek on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Knowstradamus wrote:ESPYS Suck!
Okay, I don't care about that. I really don't care what anyone thinks about the ESPYs
Knowstradamus wrote:Packers Suck! Rogers Sucks!

..I agree Aaron Rogers is doing GREAT as the QB for the Pack...
What? Do you listen to yourself, Tom? The Super Bowl Champs are obviously great, partly because they won the Super Bowl. Which you went from disagreeing with to agreeing with in the same paragraph.
Knowstradamus wrote:and most of all Mike YOU SUCK! Honestly I could give 2 shits about what you think.
I don't get where this is coming from. You don't have to care about what I think. I don't care that you don't care. But I do care when people say stupid shit and then try to pretend they're right, such as the Rodgers comment. You'll get that kind of talk from me.
Knowstradamus wrote:and as far as you lil media quote, meh.
Why just meh? Is that you admitting you don't know anything about that stuff, and that perhaps that impacts the entire discussion at hand? Because I'm no expert, but it's what I live and breath. I care about that stuff, so I'm much more prone to discussing it.
Knowstradamus wrote:Think this will make you think twice about what you say in emails. Hmm... I doubt it.
I don't get it. Did you "own" me in some argument or something, and now I'm going to cower in fear that people won't accept me or something?
Do you not know who I am? I mean, honestly, I make an ass out of myself on a weekly basis, and have dealt for years with the idea that some people don't like me, and it doesn't get to me one bit (one iTunes reviewer said they'd rather shove sharp things in their ears than hear my voice, hilarious!). So yes, I have a thick skin, and my opinions don't mean anything to you. But I don't care, so that means we're even then?
Knowstradamus wrote:I think its funny that as soon as some one dishes you a lil shit about your Pack you get your panties in a bunch and cry like a girl. Just remember kid, try and keep your comments to what you would say in person and not nerd rage over the internet.
Haha. Classic. Classy. Amazing. And stupid.

This is all from a person who couldn't be further from really knowing me. All that I typed is all that I would, and already have said in person. Don't get all "tough guy" on me, KnowstraThomas. I'm not "getting my panties in a bunch" and crying "like a girl" (though I appreciate the shameless sexism, very typical). I deal with bullshit like you decided to pop off with by actually responding. Because here in WI it's a bubble, and the national attention the Favre matter got and the attitude of those that absorbed some of that coverage is astronomically different from much of the attitude by actual fans here in my experience.

So when someone pulls the typical, idiotic "Rodgers in Favre's shadow" comment, I'll flip because not only is it so dated, but it makes me wonder if they missed this last Super Bowl.

But I like how I'm the one with the nerd rage. You just told me I suck and that I get my panties in a bunch! I love it! I'm in the wrong here because I'm responding.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by radioheadhead on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:10 pm

BUT WHO WILL POLICE THE POLICE?

Mike, if this was anyone else, you'd shut down this thread.
avatar
radioheadhead

Posts : 237
Points : 286
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 32
Location : Brisbane, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by RealJeffSolo on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 pm

I think of throws like a girl like I think of the Redskins logo. Its horrible, but it took so long before anyone raised a fuss that is has become part of the lexicon and therefor acceptable.

Also, this was supposed to be a email chain killer. Not a Mike vs. the world. Chris is right, lock it down.
avatar
RealJeffSolo

Posts : 220
Points : 321
Join date : 2011-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by mikesuszek on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:12 am

radioheadhead wrote:BUT WHO WILL POLICE THE POLICE?

Mike, if this was anyone else, you'd shut down this thread.

RealJeffSolo wrote:I think of throws like a girl like I think of the Redskins logo. Its horrible, but it took so long before anyone raised a fuss that is has become part of the lexicon and therefor acceptable.

Also, this was supposed to be a email chain killer. Not a Mike vs. the world. Chris is right, lock it down.

Eh, I thought I'd give people a shot at re-correcting and bringing it back on topic like I tried to, but hey, no one cares about the ESPYs anyways, right?

Besides, I'm a total asshole when I lock threads, so I didn't take it upon myself (but I thought of it). Locking it now.

Tom, I'm disappointed that I don't play you this season... OH WAIT. Looks like I get to give you some lip on the field in Week 10. We'll settle this then. Until then, in the most respectful way possible, eff off.

_________________
4thString.com
#LTL
avatar
mikesuszek
Admin

Posts : 521
Points : 712
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 31
Location : Milwaukee, WI

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ESPY's Suck

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum