4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outsourced

3 posters

Go down

Outsourced Empty Outsourced

Post by mikesuszek Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:49 am

My girlfriend made me watch an episode of this today, and I laughed a few times. Anyone else see this show? I kinda like it, but I'm not sure it'll find a way into my regular rotation.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Outsourced Empty Re: Outsourced

Post by kevlarAK Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:42 pm

mikesuszek wrote:My girlfriend made me watch an episode of this today, and I laughed a few times. Anyone else see this show? I kinda like it, but I'm not sure it'll find a way into my regular rotation.

We started watching this last weekend on Hulu. We started with the pilot and are on episode 13. Mike, this show is funny. It could be that I had such low expectations since I thought it would be extremely derogatory towards Indians. It is not, it dances around it nicely. The show is all about culture, the Indians learning about American culture, and the Todd (the American call center manager) learning about Indian culture. In the Thanksgiving episode the call center workers dressed up as Pilgrims and Indians. When the employees asked about Thanksgiving Todd told them that they don't wnat to be called "Indians" that they prefer "Native Americans." They asked why and Todd said, "Because they find it offensive." l0l!!
kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FriedBeans Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:45 pm

mikesuszek wrote:My girlfriend made me watch an episode of this today, and I laughed a few times. Anyone else see this show? I kinda like it, but I'm not sure it'll find a way into my regular rotation.

This show is getting better. It's good that you skipped the earlier episodes. They seemed to have run out of some of the obvious Indian jokes (some of which were kinda racists and terrible) and now are getting funny with the characters. I like the characters with exception of the main guy and the Nicole Kidman lookalike. Diedrich Bader is hilarious. The more Diedrich Bader the better. I am glad I didn't give up on the show but I think many people bailed out with some of the terrible early episodes. I probably stayed with the show only because of my affinity for hot Indian chicks.

FriedBeans
FriedBeans

Back to top Go down

Post by kevlarAK Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:41 pm

The earlier episodes help to establish the characters. I thought they were funny, but as the season went it, it got progressively funnier. You are right about Bader. He is the man.

kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum