4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The American Revolution

4 posters

Go down

The American Revolution Empty The American Revolution

Post by RealJeffSolo Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Sure they taxed us and refused to allow us representation. But they did that with all of their colonies. America was not unique or special.

The non grade school historical truth is that the founders wanted independence. They never wanted to be represented in GB. When they sent Franklin to speak to parliament about this, they were afraid that it would be granted.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

The American Revolution Empty Re: The American Revolution

Post by danvitale Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:57 am

My response to this thread and that video.

That kid is a fucking idiot. If he spent less time in his rich private school not sniffing glue and binging on cheap cider and pot noodles he may have learnt something.

As soon as I heard him on Drunk Tank I thought "Pip from South Park" and took an instant dislike.

Happy 4th July everyone. Just remember, when you declared Independence, you gained many freedoms and brought the world many great things...

But we'll always top those things with LED FUCKING ZEPPELIN.

danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevlarAK Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:22 am

If Greg Food was truely a Patriot, he would post in this thread.

That being said, I hope all of you that love America, enjoyed the 4th. I celebrated by helping with a BBQ for nearly 100 people at my facility. About 60 or so of whom flew up here to work our turnaround. Back to back 17 hour shifts & I still took time to post here! What's wrong with me???
kevlarAK
kevlarAK

http://www.eskimopie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:46 am

One thing I seriously admire about the USA is it's sense national pride. The only time you really see us waving our flags and celebrating our country is during big Royal occasions and the World Cup.. (and the Ashes.. but we win that all the time these days Very Happy ... waiting for Chris and Dr Ken to bite there)

Hope you all had a great long weekend.
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

While I do appreciate our patriotism, I also think people take it a bit too far sometimes. My grandpa got yelled at because he forgot to take his flag down one night, and doesn't have a light on it.

Also heard a story about a homeless man who went out in a dangerous thunderstorm to take down a flag that had been left up and was afraid it might get hit by lightning

On our morning show one time, we went out to the start of a marathon or some other race, and in the middle of the interview, the National Anthem started. Our rookie live reporter pushed on through the interview, and then forced us to to go back to the studio while still in the middle of the national anthem. It was an honest mistake, but we all knew what would happen, within minutes, our e-mail/facebook/twitter was filled with people absolutely irate that we had interrupted the national anthem. I understand the idea, but I think some people were taking it way too far, calling for the live reporter to be fired immediately and such.

It's a great thing, but gets taken too far sometimes.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum