4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free agency bidding is over!

3 posters

Go down

Free agency bidding is over! Empty Free agency bidding is over!

Post by mikesuszek Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Intense, right? Highest priced free agents were Charles Woodson CB 86 who went for 65 cap to the Seahawks, and Myron Lewis CB 80 going to the Saints for 60 cap.

The Texans made out like bandits, spending around 17 cap for nine players, including everyone's new nightmare on special teams: 66 overall WR Calvin "Willie" Mayes "Hayes." He has 94 speed, 96 accel, 96 agility, 99 elusiveness, 95 spin, and 89 juke. Doesn't matter if his return rating stinks, as long as he catches the ball and runs with it, says I.

Share your winnings below!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Free agency bidding is over! Empty Re: Free agency bidding is over!

Post by mikesuszek Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Also, my strategy for this bidding period was to find players that would work at other positions. So LOLB Dekoda Watson and ROLB Antonio Coleman opens up options for OLBs at DE. And SS Michael Lewis might even try his hand at OLB.

Additionally, HB DeMarcus Coleman (73) resembles my other backup, HB Steve Slaton (80) in that both have decent catching stats, with Slaton having much better route running. Expect them to mix things up both at WR and in the backfield.

LOVE IT!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Commish - is there or isnt there going to be another bidding phase?

I have my first week game tomorrow and I want to solidify my second string before then if I can
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 pm

danvitale wrote:Commish - is there or isnt there going to be another bidding phase?

I have my first week game tomorrow and I want to solidify my second string before then if I can

No, there isn't going to be another bidding phase. I left that door slightly ajar to see if there was a huge push for one. Don't plan on it. Besides, you could hit FA soon to fill needs anyways.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Cool Smile
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 pm

mikesuszek wrote:Also, my strategy for this bidding period was to find players that would work at other positions. So LOLB Dekoda Watson and ROLB Antonio Coleman opens up options for OLBs at DE. And SS Michael Lewis might even try his hand at OLB.

Additionally, HB DeMarcus Coleman (73) resembles my other backup, HB Steve Slaton (80) in that both have decent catching stats, with Slaton having much better route running. Expect them to mix things up both at WR and in the backfield.

LOVE IT!
Dang, that's who snagged him then, rubbish, missed out on him and the TE I was bidding on, should never of bid and maybe you would of missed him! Great Speed and Acceleration around the edge of the line, Block Shedding may not be good enough for him to be LE, but was ultimately a player who will add sure depth any squad.
And it had to be Jeff who snagged the TE I had scouted.......
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Shredd Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:26 am

mikesuszek wrote:Intense, right? Highest priced free agents were Charles Woodson CB 86 who went for 65 cap to the Seahawks, and Myron Lewis CB 80 going to the Saints for 60 cap.

The Texans made out like bandits, spending around 17 cap for nine players, including everyone's new nightmare on special teams: 66 overall WR Calvin "Willie" Mayes "Hayes." He has 94 speed, 96 accel, 96 agility, 99 elusiveness, 95 spin, and 89 juke. Doesn't matter if his return rating stinks, as long as he catches the ball and runs with it, says I.

Share your winnings below!
After seeing your cunning plan I went in search of my own James Jett / Raghid Ismail crazy fast Raiders type signing for the Ravens. Let me introduce Wes "Fred" Astaire "and Ginger Rogers" 96 Speed, 99 Accel, 99 Agility, 90 Elusiveness, 99 Spin, 99 Juke. All I need to do is put Super Glue on his hands before he takes to the field.
Judge Shredd
Judge Shredd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down