4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is a good year to be Charles Woodson

+2
RealJeffSolo
uofmcamaro
6 posters

Go down

It is a good year to be Charles Woodson Empty It is a good year to be Charles Woodson

Post by uofmcamaro Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm

It is a good year to be Charles Woodson. Washed up but the best option in FA.

I'm just sayin, Charles Woodson is not worth as much as he is being bid on

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

It is a good year to be Charles Woodson Empty Re: It is a good year to be Charles Woodson

Post by RealJeffSolo Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Whats the bid at?
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

It is a good year to be Charles Woodson Empty Re: It is a good year to be Charles Woodson

Post by uofmcamaro Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 pm

He wanted 40 to stay with the Packers, but I decided it would be better served to spread that out and get some depth in other areas.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by uofmcamaro Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 pm

And I guess about 20 more hours to go before FA ends.

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by uofmcamaro Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 pm

I don't blame you...that is crazy.

My best DB is locked in at 14 on the cap and he is around the same overall but much much better, IMO.

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:34 pm

I knew he'd get paid!
danvitale
danvitale

http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cmonks Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm

A prime example for why we need to change how we do free agency. Blind bidding would be more realistic and we wouldn't have to worry about having to be online for the deadline.

cmonks

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 pm

My thought (and I hinted at it with my dislike of the raising of the salary cap) is that free agency should have a lot more quality in it, then there wouldnt be the one or two great players and very little else.

Resigning players should be strategic, and to some element what Scott said should be happening more. Woodson is a Free Agent because that decision was made. But there should be more players available in FA like he is. It's a lame market with little to really go for except a five or six starters and the rest second stringers at the very best.

With Woodson being the best of a very bland free agency (and being a CB) it should be no surprise that he's got a bid that high.
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 pm

cmonks wrote:A prime example for why we need to change how we do free agency. Blind bidding would be more realistic and we wouldn't have to worry about having to be online for the deadline.

Chris, the more I think about a blind bidding solution the more I like it. Especially if it means I dont have to interrupt my sleep pattern Smile
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by RealJeffSolo Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 pm

danvitale wrote:
cmonks wrote:A prime example for why we need to change how we do free agency. Blind bidding would be more realistic and we wouldn't have to worry about having to be online for the deadline.

Chris, the more I think about a blind bidding solution the more I like it. Especially if it means I dont have to interrupt my sleep pattern Smile

Not that I am in support of the following idea. but what if we limited the number of players a team could re-sign in a year. That would create more FAs. And I agree with blind bidding, but LM doesn't have a system for it and that would be a lot to ask one person to keep organized.
RealJeffSolo
RealJeffSolo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:53 pm

As far as I saw, true blind bidding isn't an option in LM. It's not like we CAN do that. Just from what I saw in the options.

I don't want to needlessly complicate things, however. I'm not saying any of this is, but it's easy for it to turn out that way.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm starting to agree with the idea of not raising the salary cap (at least not EVERY season) The players that ask too much will be kicked into free agency, where they will then get lower pay on teams that have cap room to burn.

Raising the salary cap every season as it is just lets people hang onto superstars forever. I want to run into more situations where I have to let Charles Woodson go.

But... who knows what's in store for Madden 12, anyway.
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthObvious Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am

I'd say it's even better to be Austin Collie, poor guy is dead and people still want to pay him to (not) play!
DarthObvious
DarthObvious

Back to top Go down

Post by uofmcamaro Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Woodson was tearing that thing up last night!

uofmcamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:19 pm

He'd better be for that money!
danvitale
danvitale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum