4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Why I Can't Wait For Madden 12 (Kind Of)

Go down

Why I Can't Wait For Madden 12 (Kind Of)

Post by omgitsbabyseat on Thu May 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Season's 1 & 2 of the Madden 11 era were a blast. Everything was new-ish and fresh. All shiny and shit. I felt great even if I didn't play as such.

I've realized, however, that season 3 has become stale and dull. Well, at least for me. So, I've thought of a few reason why I can't wait for a refresh. Not only in the league, but in the game itself. These things have made me not LTL and on the verge of peacing out.

1. Everyone has the same agenda. With some exceptions, there are certain attributes that we all know to value at certain positions. The same can be said for the real NFL. But in a videogame, some of these attributes are just unfair and ridiculous. So it seems that everyone in the league is looking for the same type of players. It's boring as shit. It's one of those things where we've played this game so long and dragged it through the mud enough to where we all have a good feeling of what works and what doesn't. Which leads me to...

2. I hate playing someone or watching a game where the player uses seriously 2 to 3 formations out of their playbook. Out of how many?? Yeah, people say, "Oh, I'd love it if someone ran 2 plays on me the entire game." Well, no you wouldn't. The reason these plays are ran so much is because the percentage of them being successful is high. Or (let's remember this is a videogame), there are broken plays that exploit the way the CPU defense plays on the snap. As for me, I try to mix things up A LOT. I thought I was playing the game the "right" way in doing that, but maybe not?

3. We all have this fucking thing figured out. Some of us more than others. I mean, there are trends in the past three seasons, are there not? I'm just ready for something new.

I don't know, there are probably more reasons. And yes, I just played a game against Kat. These things aren't necessarily about her as I've seen it all over the league. I don't mind losing, so I hope I don't come off as "That Guy". What I'm trying to get at is I'm fucking bored with this and I don't know how to fix that. I'm jones-ing for a new experience. I feel like there's less strategy and more... I don't know... gamey-ness (?) to this league now and it's lost its hold on me.

It sucks that I can't say that I LTL, and I haven't been able to since the end of the draft, really. I've tried, but I just can't. So now I'm wanting Madden 12, but how long is that going to last? It seems like there might be enough changes to refresh my interest, but for how long, another 1 or 2 seasons?
omgitsbabyseat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Can't Wait For Madden 12 (Kind Of)

Post by mikesuszek on Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 am

Point #2 is a big one. Creating a "scheme" is fine, but I like to encourage others to really mix it up. I can say with honesty that I do stick to about 4-5 formations, but I call plays in every single formation in the playbook throughout the course of a game.

I think it's good to look at every single down as a battle. Focus on winning the battle every down on either side of the ball. If people keep coming at you with the same strategy, they're just making it easier to win the battle on a given down.

mikesuszek
Admin

View user profile http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale on Fri May 13, 2011 1:44 am

Custom playbooks are a huge reason I am buying Madden 12 day one.

I played a 4ht String game with an owner that has now left - and all he did was run down the middle and screen pass. It bored the living bat-shit out of me - just like 'Seat has already pointed out. These playbooks are going to make audibles so powerful and such an aspect of the game that can make you pull off big plays. I cant wait.
danvitale

View user profile http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re on Fri May 13, 2011 2:31 am

mikesuszek wrote:Point #2 is a big one. Creating a "scheme" is fine, but I like to encourage others to really mix it up. I can say with honesty that I do stick to about 4-5 formations, but I call plays in every single formation in the playbook throughout the course of a game.

I think it's good to look at every single down as a battle. Focus on winning the battle every down on either side of the ball. If people keep coming at you with the same strategy, they're just making it easier to win the battle on a given down.

"Scheme" at this point seems to feel more like "find a play the other guy can't stop, and run the shit out of that play."
undersc_re

View user profile http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat on Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 am

I thought of another point. And it's kind of in response to Mike about how knowing what's coming should make it easier to defend.

A majority of the time that I play or see someone play a person who runs out of a couple formations, they do the "don't even think about who you're throwing to because the guy you're going to throw to is going to be open as soon as you snap the ball damn near every time".

And also, there's a big difference between experienced players running out of 2-3 formations the entire game and inexperienced players doing the same thing. Though I think nobody should do it, it's going to happen.

I don't know. Bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch.
omgitsbabyseat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by danvitale on Fri May 13, 2011 1:44 pm

I just like the thought of going from a 5 WR formation and audibling into a Wildcat - of course you'll get shitty blocking but it'll certainly catch people out..
danvitale

View user profile http://www.colinedwards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undersc_re on Fri May 13, 2011 2:41 pm

danvitale wrote:I just like the thought of going from a 5 WR formation and audibling into a Wildcat - of course you'll get shitty blocking but it'll certainly catch people out..
I know this really isnt a serious thought... But you can't audible out of 5WR sets (if you actually have all WR/TEs) into a formation that uses a HB.
undersc_re

View user profile http://twitter.com/adam_hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down