4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th String Boards
You have thirty seconds to login before this message self-destructs.
4th String Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent

5 posters

Go down

Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent Empty Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent

Post by mikesuszek Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 pm

After facing disappointment this morning when they couldn't land another quarterback with the first name "Matt," the Houston Texans of Milwaukee may have earned their street cred back from the victorious Bengalseats as the conference's biggest trade whore.

In fact, Texans owner Mike Suszek's girlfriend Megan told him, after he told her about this prospective trade, that he's a "trade slut."

Brian Cushing LOLB 91
Reshard St. Saint CB 82
Shonn Greene HB 88
Cowboys' 2nd round pick

Nnamdi Asomugha CB 96
Ricky Brown MLB 74
Steve Slaton HB 79

Fully aware that their sexy set of linebackers gets many an onlookers' attention (redundancy alert!), the Texans came to terms with one reliable, superstar linebacker and their breakout player of last season in the same trade. Fully investing themselves in the "era of Bones" and still-powerful LB set, the Texans gave the Oakland Raiders Brian Cushing and Shonn Greene, alongside a 2nd round pick and newly-arrived CB sensation Reshard "Saint Street State" St. Saint Friday evening.

In exchange, the Texans get Steve Slaton back after a long vacation, a backup MLB in "Dirty" Ricky Brown, and the apple of everyone's eye, CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

"Yeah, we're not as strong at linebacker, but when Cortland, Nnamdi, and Aspha line up in our secondary at the same time... much like Andre, Anquan, and Santonio... everyone in the stadium will reach full orgasm," Suszek said.

He later added, "What, you thought I wasn't going to fit something vaguely sexual in here this time? They don't call me the 'trade slut' for nothin'!"

When asked later who actually calls him the "trade slut," he declined comment.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

http://4thstring.com

Back to top Go down

Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent Empty Re: Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent

Post by Chairman7 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:52 pm

That is a better deal than I offered
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent Empty Re: Texans pay Raiders big bucks for big time talent

Post by ZgreenZ Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:09 am

Chairman7 wrote:That is a better deal than I offered

HAH!
ZgreenZ
ZgreenZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:26 am

ZgreenZ wrote:
Chairman7 wrote:That is a better deal than I offered

HAH!

I know, and I was told you had the opportunity to counter it, or at least Ryan gave it time and weighed it out.

I was pretty careful about this one, honestly. Email proof to back it up.

The cheap jokes. Keep em' rollin'!
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:33 am

To clarify, I do like when people are given a chance to counter-offer. I'm assuming you had multiple back-and-forth emails with Ryan, while Nnamdi was on the block, yes?

I was complaining, openly, about a pet peeve of mine when a perfect example of it came up this morning. I wasn't bitching because I could have offered something better. I was bitching because I WAS offering something great, and was more than willing to offer better than the Bengals did.

That's not to say I don't respect Gary's decision in the Stafford trade. I just didn't like how it went down, which is perfectly fair. It's also perfectly fair that he decided he liked what Babyseat offered, that's all. I lost in that one.

I know we all feel the same: not having that opportunity to counter-offer when you are truly ready to stinks. To be honest, I blatantly told Ryan that if need be, I'll continually upping my offer to the point of insanity. That bidding war could have been vicious. My style of trading relies on back-and-forth communication, where I'm ready to make different counter-offers to make sure the trade evens out. I felt in the Lions case that was cut short. In the Raiders case, I was aware another bidder was active in trade talks, and Ryan did well to field both offers, I think.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman7 Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:49 am

I wasn't aware of any of these discussions vis a vis stafford. I made a good offer to Ryan but i note the offer he received from the texans was better. Nothing more intended
Chairman7
Chairman7

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:09 am

Chairman7 wrote:I wasn't aware of any of these discussions vis a vis stafford. I made a good offer to Ryan but i note the offer he received from the texans was better. Nothing more intended

I know, I just felt the need to clarify.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Also, I'd probably try and one-up your one-up if given the chance to do so, Suszek. Smile
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Without being able to give up a good enough quarterback, I don't know how you can say you could have given him a better deal.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsbabyseat Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Dascenzo wrote:Without being able to give up a good enough quarterback, I don't know how you can say you could have given him a better deal.

It's hypothetical.
omgitsbabyseat
omgitsbabyseat

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 pm

omgitsbabyseat wrote:
Dascenzo wrote:Without being able to give up a good enough quarterback, I don't know how you can say you could have given him a better deal.

It's hypothetical.

Who, me? Cassel is good enough. But I have some real defensive power that I've been willing to put on the chopping block for the right price (people like Ware).
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm thinking the drop off at QB isn't worth improving defense.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikesuszek Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Dascenzo wrote:I'm thinking the drop off at QB isn't worth improving defense.

I'd call that a matter of opinion, personally.

Can someone tell me who past Super Owl QBs in the league were? Or playoff QBs? I recall Curtis Painter getting the Skins there, right? Or the Bengalseats rocking Pat White to the championship game.

Some players, like the Jared Allens, Andre Johnsons, and Chris Johnsons of the league don't come by often. If I had Peyton Manning and was offered Andre Johnson and, let's say, Kyle Orton, I'd heavily consider it. After all, Andre is a play-maker. It's all circumstantial, I guess, but an amazing defensive threat can be just as important as an elite QB, sometimes more important.
mikesuszek
mikesuszek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dascenzo Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Of course it's a matter of opinion.
Dascenzo
Dascenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down